The weather could become an issue for IPL

hattrick

The weather could become an issue for IPL

I have a problem.. I would like the IPL games to happen as much as possible. But it seems that the good old Duckworth/Lewis calculations will be needed ..

However I hope the weather gets better as I think it was one of the primary reasons South Africa got the IPL .. and was a major no no for the English ..

Re: The weather could become an issue for IPL

hattrick;345805 said:
I have a problem.. I would like the IPL games to happen as much as possible. But it seems that the good old Duckworth/Lewis calculations will be needed ..

However I hope the weather gets better as I think it was one of the primary reasons South Africa got the IPL .. and was a major no no for the English ..

Really advantages the team batting second, as long as you keep wickets in hand, as seen in the Delhi v Kings XI Punjab

A.B De Villiers;345806 said:
Really advantages the team batting second, as long as you keep wickets in hand, as seen in the Delhi v Kings XI Punjab

Defiantly true, I watched that game in excitement until the overs were reduced. Well I guess the we will just have to pray that the weather stays silent. I always have felt the Duckworth/Lewis method hasn't been a good thing nor, It can be very unfair in some decisions.

Watching the games last night it seems bizzare seeing spectators all 'rugged up' in a Cricket crowd..

I think the coldness could be a factor in the last few games.. It should skid on more at night .. South Africans traditionally play rugby union at this time of the year..

Back