The Yips

Hey guys, was googling this topic and thought I would share my situation. I was an opening bowler in men's second grade and then all of a sudden one day I lost all confidence with my bowling. It was like I forgot how to bowl. Sometimes i couldn't let go of the ball and would bowl half trackers, other times it felt like I was holding on to tight so would release the ball early and bowl a big loy one straight over the batsman to the keeper.

It is really embarrassing at times and something I have struggled with for almost 2 years now. It is totally a mental thing as I am still one of our clubs best bowlers in the nets but in the middle I go to pieces. I have found one thing that works is bowling cutters or fast off breaks works as I have more control over release and I have been successful using this method with a strike rate and average of less than 15.0 I just wish I could get back to bowling my best as I used to love bowling. Now I focus more on my batting and leave bowling until when our other bowlers aren't working.

Back