time to go haddin

solar

time to go haddin

good timing....

haddin let us down yesterday when he needed to dig deep and work his way into an innings...

today he has already dropped a catch...

this guy is the most overated cricketer I have seen for a very very long time. If he wasn't from nsw......

Re: time to go haddin

I agree, being from NSW players tend to be favoured.

Time for a younger player and hopefully he can hang around for a few years to come. Too many dropped catches already.

Talk about knee jerk reaction- if he hasnt done better by the end of the summer, then fair enough- let Haddin go, but for godsake let him have a whole summer at home before you write him off.

He's only had two overseas tours to start off with- and he made his name down here! ;)

el-capitano;284185 said:
Talk about knee jerk reaction- if he hasnt done better by the end of the summer, then fair enough- let Haddin go, but for godsake let him have a whole summer at home before you write him off.

He's only had two overseas tours to start off with- and he made his name down here! ;)

I totally agree. Wait to the end of the summer. He definitely won't be the next Gilly, and no one else in world cricket will be. That catch he dropped today was absolutely terrible, but Ronchi isn't exactly setting the world on fire at the minute. At the moment, on current form, I would have Tim Paine ahead of him.

The430king;284528 said:
I totally agree. Wait to the end of the summer. He definitely won't be the next Gilly, and no one else in world cricket will be. That catch he dropped today was absolutely terrible, but Ronchi isn't exactly setting the world on fire at the minute. At the moment, on current form, I would have Tim Paine ahead of him.

good point
haddin may be the best we can get

failed again

we can't afford to take an underperforming keeper to england... imagine haddin against the swinging ball. His technique is terrible

Will be played till the end of the summer but I have serious questions about his technique. Will struggle against a seaming, moving ball and England would be a huge challenge for him

D.K;284798 said:
Will be played till the end of the summer but I have serious questions about his technique. Will struggle against a seaming, moving ball and England would be a huge challenge for him
As it was for Gilly- remember what Flintoff did to him in '05! ;)

Haddin ain't much chop but he's still a hundred times better than any of Englands keepers, they have a different one every two weeks, and there always 35 year old bald hacks.

Watch out for Tim Paine from Tasmania
Great keeper, good batsmen and only 22 years old, been playing for Tassie since he was 16, should start developing him

The Night Watchman;285368 said:
Great keeper, good batsmen and only 22 years old, been playing for Tassie since he was 16, should start developing him

I'll be watching. :)

Domestic keepers atm are:

WA: Ronchi
TAS: Paine
NSW: Smith and Haddin
QLD: Hartley
VIC: Crosthwaite and Wade
SA: Manou

Ronchi is in shocking form
Paine is one that i really like the look of
Smith can hardly get to 50 for NSW
Haddin is definetly the best we have right now
Hartley gets a ton once a season
Crosthwaite isn't getting a game in the 4day comp and is average at OD's
Wade is young and it will be out of him and Paine in five years or so
Manou is very good but a bit to old

The Night Watchman;285368 said:

Has a big future ahead of him, but not quite ready yet. They can't afford to rush him. Give him a few years at least.

I agree, Matthew Wade and Tim Paine will be our future options, I like the look of Wade though, but at the moment I'd take Paine, Wade needs time to mature.

You blokes are harsh.
As a few have said give him at least until the end of the summer.
You cannot compare his batting to Gilchrist because he was a one off bar Sangakara who is now only a batsmen.
You have to compare him to Healy and past keepers. Healy only ever averaged about 30 and Marsh was 26 i think. Haddin is averaging 26 but has only played 8 tests, you can only start to compare after he has played 20 tests or so.
Sure his dropped catch the other day when he dived in front of Hayden was terrible but all good keepers have done that at some stage.
And you say he will struggle with the swinging and seaming ball in England, Gilchrist didn't exactly set the world on fire in his last tour of England either.
So if he can average 30 over there and 30 for the rest of his career for Australia he will be good enough.

solar;284118 said:
good timing....

haddin let us down yesterday when he needed to dig deep and work his way into an innings...

today he has already dropped a catch...

this guy is the most overated cricketer I have seen for a very very long time. If he wasn't from nsw......

Go on, eat em.:p

Well I didn't think he had that sort of score in him (all be it with some lucky chances but ehy thats cricket) and well done to the kid.

Back