Too Long?

carn tigez

Too Long?

Is it just me or does there seem to be too much time between games? This league just seems to have died off a bit and people are losing interest, match threads at least have to be put up earlier. This isn't having a go at Jolldo or anyone else, just my opinion on the way the comp is going

Re: Too Long?

Maybe someone needs to sim the onedayers so Jolldo doesnt get bogged down doing both.

Just a thought.

carn tigez;234126 said:
Is it just me or does there seem to be too much time between games? This league just seems to have died off a bit and people are losing interest, match threads at least have to be put up earlier. This isn't having a go at Jolldo or anyone else, just my opinion on the way the comp is going

I'm putting the match threads up now

You or anyone else are more than welcome to do the match threads if you want to @|

carn tigez;234126 said:
Seconded.

Certainly needs firing up.....

Was better before competition started than since.

Need to get more action, and some side action to provide stimulation

How about a committee :D

I would say the gap between games is a little long, however the point of concern would be the drop in players posting. All captains should be encouraging their players to post at least once every few days. Players like Therbs, will, MagpieGirl, ssfc and other such fringe posters should be posting more often.

The onus is on captains and senior players to try and get the interest going in the competition, whether that be via MSN, PM's, talk outside of BC or through "media articles".

Ljp86;234269 said:
I would say the gap between games is a little long, however the point of concern would be the drop in players posting. All captains should be encouraging their players to post at least once every few days. Players like Therbs, will, MagpieGirl, ssfc and other such fringe posters should be posting more often.

The onus is on captains and senior players to try and get the interest going in the competition, whether that be via MSN, PM's, talk outside of BC or through "media articles".

Or you could abuse the shit out of someone in numerous threads, get yourself banned and create some discussion that way (you may even pull a few people out of the woodwork) :D

Magpie Girl. She posts each week and does alright. Wizards non-posters are Tarkyn_24 and AgeByrne.

I do encourage em to post to keep the competition alive.

Timing is important.

Captains have their part to play too.

Comp can't get cold, so admin has to keep the games flowing.

Captains, once a game is posted do a bit of hyping up. Wait a while before posting a side so some banter can start. Then post the teams. Create some excitement.

Last thin we want is match thread up, two teams posted, match simmed, a few posts congratulating ourselves.

And yea DK, you went too far but a bit of gentle abuse creates interest, who doesn't like a fight? (ps you're still a muppet)

Yeah I have noticed the banter on here seems to be a bit good natured, but I suppose no one would want to sledge the kings because all that would happen is it would come back and bite them on the arse

Big Man;234241 said:

You know, joking apart, the BFFCL committee spent most of it's time developing a set of rules that was easy for all to understand and gave a good foundation to the competition.

This competition uses virtually the same rules.

A lot of good came out of it.

Frodo;234529 said:
You know, joking apart, the BFFCL committee spent most of it's time developing a set of rules that was easy for all to understand and gave a good foundation to the competition.

This competition uses virtually the same rules.

A lot of good came out of it.

:D:D I'm sure you ment to say, "The committee spent most of its time borrowing Kapows rules and passing them of as their own."

boncer34;234809 said:
:D:D I'm sure you ment to say, "The committee spent most of its time borrowing Kapows rules and passing them of as their own."

Kapows rules were used as the basis. However, they formed less than 40% of the final text. And Kapows rules were never stickied or applied by administrators, particularly EddieSmith.

But I take my hat off to Kapow, he was a great administrator.

Frodo;234837 said:
Kapows rules were used as the basis. However, they formed less than 40% of the final text. And Kapows rules were never stickied or applied by administrators, particularly EddieSmith.

But I take my hat off to Kapow, he was a great administrator.
Obviously not including the moving around of sentences in the 40%?

LJP or other admins. I'm fairly certain I had a very important post in this thread, just wondering why it's been deleted?

Back