Top 5 Bowlers

Re: Top 5 Bowlers

Who has won the most game between the AGS APS..

Which comp has won the lord tavern cup or wat ever it is the most??

That will tell you who is the best not just one game..

APS is known to have a lot more depth than the AGS. That is a fact. In terms of this year, the players in the APS who are known to be the best, didnt have the best season. I know that probably doesnt make sense but its true. The Premier firsts players in the APS are Pattinson, R.Wakefield, M.Wakefield, Loorham.
We know that patto hardly played as a bowler, but shouldve made a lot more runs than what he did (i know he didnt play many games), Wakefields both didnt do as well as what they wouldve liked even though Max made the APS team and Loorham only joined Carey after christmas but couldnt manage to get scores on the board even though watching him bat he looked a class above.
People in the APS often forget how good a standard premier 1s really is. You dont just rock up and play premier 1s, you have to be exceptional and be in the top group of players in the state. Some people say premier 1s is the equivalent to playing AFL.
Back to the topic, these players I have listed are classes above and the fact they 3 out of the 4 didnt make the APS team shows the depth and standard of the APS.
I think i can now say...
Enough Said

TheStraighter1;215437 said:
APS is known to have a lot more depth than the AGS. That is a fact. In terms of this year, the players in the APS who are known to be the best, didnt have the best season. I know that probably doesnt make sense but its true. The Premier firsts players in the APS are Pattinson, R.Wakefield, M.Wakefield, Loorham.
We know that patto hardly played as a bowler, but shouldve made a lot more runs than what he did (i know he didnt play many games), Wakefields both didnt do as well as what they wouldve liked even though Max made the APS team and Loorham only joined Carey after christmas but couldnt manage to get scores on the board even though watching him bat he looked a class above.
People in the APS often forget how good a standard premier 1s really is. You dont just rock up and play premier 1s, you have to be exceptional and be in the top group of players in the state. Some people say premier 1s is the equivalent to playing AFL.
Back to the topic, these players I have listed are classes above and the fact they 3 out of the 4 didnt make the APS team shows the depth and standard of the APS.
I think i can now say...
Enough Said

MP im glad we can finally agree on something. some people may scuff at ur judgement that AFL is the same premier 1sts. i slightly disagree although its a very good point. there is no equivelent to international cricket in football as Australia does not play against other countries in a world competition. This means AFL is the equivelent to the level below, which is state cricket. VFL is the equivelent to premier 1sts working on this formula. i dont debate loohrum is a gun. id just like to see it or hear of some runs before i can say it for myself.

eric the eel;214758 said:
who cares, bowlers are genuinely scum of the earth,

are very poorly treated - eg - bettsy takes 44 wickets for season - equal most ever in a single season (this includes the days of 8 ball overs), would have to be equivalent to at least 700 runs with the bat. gets limited kudos

Sorry mate
David Warming 1974, 54 wickets XC (in a 7 game season)
Karl Schneider 1924, 46 wickets XC (in a 5 game season)

ccat;271929 said:
Sorry mate
David Warming 1974, 54 wickets XC (in a 7 game season)
Karl Schneider 1924, 46 wickets XC (in a 5 game season)

i can except david warming in 1974 with 54 wickets.
but karl schneider while he may have taken 46 wickets in 5 game season, played in vastly different conditions. uncovered pitches meant teams would be bowled out for 30 and 40 routinely.

betts tally last season at worst, must be seen as the best season in APS cricket by a bowler in the modern era.
The batting is much stronger in the APS now than it was in 1974 with kids brought in from all over the place to play cricket. Its a bigger business now and betts achievement should not be downplayed, even if it is not the most wickets every in an APS season.

Bettsy's haul last season was huge but he cannot be considered the best spinner of recent years... he is nowhere near the level of Nick Smith, who took 100 APS wickets over 4 full seasons of 1's ending in 2006, and was once considered the best young spinner in the country. the role of the keeper in bettsy's large wicket tally cannot be underestimated. Morris's constant flow of verbal banter claimed at least 5 victims against scotch. Hopefully the Scotch batting order can put up more of a resistance against the dangerous Bett/Morris combination come november...

fiskem;272093 said:
Bettsy's haul last season was huge but he cannot be considered the best spinner of recent years... he is nowhere near the level of Nick Smith, who took 100 APS wickets over 4 full seasons of 1's ending in 2006, and was once considered the best young spinner in the country. the role of the keeper in bettsy's large wicket tally cannot be underestimated. Morris's constant flow of verbal banter claimed at least 5 victims against scotch. Hopefully the Scotch batting order can put up more of a resistance against the dangerous Bett/Morris combination come november...

I agree about Nick Smith in terms of longevity but as far as one season goes it was just about as good as it gets. I agree about Morris when we played MGS his consistent and relentless teamwork with bett and chatter behind the stumps certainly claimed many victims. Fiskem, once again you are right on the money.

teamorale491;272064 said:
i can except david warming in 1974 with 54 wickets.
but karl schneider while he may have taken 46 wickets in 5 game season, played in vastly different conditions. uncovered pitches meant teams would be bowled out for 30 and 40 routinely.

betts tally last season at worst, must be seen as the best season in APS cricket by a bowler in the modern era.
The batting is much stronger in the APS now than it was in 1974 with kids brought in from all over the place to play cricket. Its a bigger business now and betts achievement should not be downplayed, even if it is not the most wickets every in an APS season.

Fair call mate. Take nothing away from Bett, he is a gun. I was just clearing up it was not the most ever. Does anyone know the record number of wicket/runs in a season?

McNamara (XC) 40 wickets in 2004 is another great performance of the modern era.

certainly agreeing with clancey this year he cant be underestimated performed consistently all yearand swings it both ways, fiskem, straighter and team morale im lovin ur input its all fair and true wat ur sayin and makes for muc hbetter readin than guys like imported whos just a douchebag

Back