Top 5 Emerging Players

Re: Top 5 Emerging Players

hussler;307909 said:
Do u still think Dave Warner is a domestic player after last night?:eek:

He is going to have to back it up at the Gabba.

Also I would like to see him in first class cricket first as Shaun MArsh hamered decent bowlers in the IPL but I would call him a domestic player unless you think otherwise ?

I beg to differ. I think Marsh is an international player. He definately has the ability, is currently in the side and has a had some success there.

grapedo;308004 said:
He is going to have to back it up at the Gabba.

Also I would like to see him in first class cricket first as Shaun MArsh hamered decent bowlers in the IPL but I would call him a domestic player unless you think otherwise ?

I agree he needs to keep going,but he couldnt possibly keep that tempo up could he????? Their comparing him to Gilly on news tonight here in oz hahaha:eek:

Shaun Marsh is just starting his international career so give him a chance!!!!!!:cool:
IPL decent bowlers:confused:??? Domestic players at best without the internationals in each side;)

hussler;308204 said:
I agree he needs to keep going,but he couldnt possibly keep that tempo up could he????? Their comparing him to Gilly on news tonight here in oz hahaha:eek:

Shaun Marsh is just starting his international career so give him a chance!!!!!!:cool:
IPL decent bowlers:confused:??? Domestic players at best without the internationals in each side;)

I agree to you...he needs to keep up the momentum and confidence he gained playing this t20. And as far as comparing is concerned, I would say it shouldn't take place. Gilly was a different class, while Warner is still young and inexperienced. You never know ; one bad thing and you are gone.

As for domestic players in IPL, they are only selected on the basis of their performance in domestic cricket. Only the few domestic players which are playing terrific cricket, and may have been in the team are given the opportunity to play in IPL.

Mousey;308183 said:
I beg to differ. I think Marsh is an international player. He definately has the ability, is currently in the side and has a had some success there.

Sorry mate but I cannot see a player who has played 51 first games at an average of 34.01 do tremendously well in test cricket. He may be able to bat well in 20 20 but if he cannot play the Australian domestic bowlers then how the hell will he manage to play the likes of Steyn, Sharma, Ntini, Morkel, Flintoff, Sidebottom, Kumble, Muraltithuran, Mendis and the list goes on.

If you could give some proof of someone that has averaged 35 in first class and 50 in test cricket I would like to see it.

I say all this taking no credit away what so ever by his performances in the IPL last year.

I think all the hype about Warner has been taken overboard personally.

Especially comparing him to Gilchrist when he hasn't even played a first class game.

grapedo;308329 said:
I think all the hype about Warner has been taken overboard personally.

Especially comparing him to Gilchrist when he hasn't even played a first class game.

Of course it has. Just like it was taken overboard when Krejza took 12 wickets on debut, followed by a poor showing against the Saffers. That doesn't mean he is any less of a prospect. The media are always looking for puff pieces. It's the selectors who make the actual decisions, and they're far more immune to that sort of hype (not that they're immune to making stupid decisions, just that type of stupid decision).

BabyBlues;309062 said:
Of course it has. Just like it was taken overboard when Krejza took 12 wickets on debut, followed by a poor showing against the Saffers. That doesn't mean he is any less of a prospect. The media are always looking for puff pieces. It's the selectors who make the actual decisions, and they're far more immune to that sort of hype (not that they're immune to making stupid decisions, just that type of stupid decision).

I agree with all of this except Krejza being a prospect.

I think as far as prospects for the future of world cricket go there is none better than J.p Duminy this kid plays the start of his career against the best in the world and holds his team together throughout both the tests andd t20 so far. He is composed at the crease in any situation and is as technically correct a batsmen as you will see definitely a future star.

As far as Australian cricket is concerned Shaun Marsh and Peter Siddle are the biggest prospects for me Siddle hits the deck hard and runs in all day without any great drop in pace. Marsh is a guy with a good technique and a good head on hid shoulders just starting his international career and yet to do anything extrodinary but hid domestic recorrd speaks for itself definitely a future opener

reedy_92;309302 said:
I think as far as prospects for the future of world cricket go there is none better than J.p Duminy this kid plays the start of his career against the best in the world and holds his team together throughout both the tests andd t20 so far. He is composed at the crease in any situation and is as technically correct a batsmen as you will see definitely a future star.

As far as Australian cricket is concerned Shaun Marsh and Peter Siddle are the biggest prospects for me Siddle hits the deck hard and runs in all day without any great drop in pace. Marsh is a guy with a good technique and a good head on hid shoulders just starting his international career and yet to do anything extrodinary but hid domestic recorrd speaks for itself definitely a future opener

Definitley Duminy is an absolute gun.

Duminy has shown some good signs in the ODI arena and has a habdy off spinner up his sleeve too. Shaun Marsh is a really good prospect for the future.

grapedo;309274 said:
I agree with all of this except Krejza being a prospect.

Krejza is a prospect. Not as much of a prospect as the media like to think, but he could develop into a very handy player. He won't be a worldbeater, he won't repeat his Test debut performance, and there is a reason he only averages 45 in First Class cricket to date, but that doesn't mean he can't develop his game, grow in confidence, break into the Aussie side and average 30 odd. He has the potential, it's just a matter of putting it all together.

BabyBlues;309705 said:
Krejza is a prospect. Not as much of a prospect as the media like to think, but he could develop into a very handy player. He won't be a worldbeater, he won't repeat his Test debut performance, and there is a reason he only averages 45 in First Class cricket to date, but that doesn't mean he can't develop his game, grow in confidence, break into the Aussie side and average 30 odd. He has the potential, it's just a matter of putting it all together.

I definitely agree to you. He does have the potential to cement his place in the Australian side.

BabyBlues;309705 said:

Agreed but I do not see averaging 30 odd in test cricket as being a prospect.

A prospect is a player for the future who will do well, i.e. Ajantha Mendis not someone like Krejza who at best will have a career with little sucess if he has one at all at international level that is.

Mousey;309455 said:
Duminy has shown some good signs in the ODI arena and has a habdy off spinner up his sleeve too. Shaun Marsh is a really good prospect for the future.

I think Marsh has the potential to develop into a good odi player but I can't see him with a test career with a first class average of 34 and he has played 50 games which by then you should have an average of at least 45 to be a prospect.

grapedo;310102 said:
Agreed but I do not see averaging 30 odd in test cricket as being a prospect.

A prospect is a player for the future who will do well, i.e. Ajantha Mendis not someone like Krejza who at best will have a career with little sucess if he has one at all at international level that is.

An average of 30 odd in Test cricket is not a bad effort at all. That's what Brett Lee averages. Ntini averages 28. It's a pretty standard average for a good-but-not-standout Test bowler.

Mendis is an outstanding prospect. Krejza is a decent prospect who may have a successful Test career, or may not.

Yeah. Once a team read him properly, he won't as effective as he has been in past. He is simply going to be whacked (no offense to Mendis fans). We have seen India recovoring and reading him much better last year during the ODI series in Sri Lanka.

Back