Top 5 Emerging Players

Re: Top 5 Emerging Players

He is just more prominent now.

How about my man, Suliemann Benn ?
He would have to rank with the likes of Mendis as future leading spinners.
HAHA.

Ill go with:

S.Al Hasan (Bangladesh)
A.Mendis (Sri Lanka)
D.Flynn (New Zealand)
S.Broad (England)
I.Sharma (India)

jainy25;310129 said:
Yeah. Once a team read him properly, he won't as effective as he has been in past. He is simply going to be whacked (no offense to Mendis fans). We have seen India recovoring and reading him much better last year during the ODI series in Sri Lanka.

How many off spinners with pin point accuracy get 'whacked'?

breeno;318886 said:
Ill go with:

S.Al Hasan (Bangladesh)
A.Mendis (Sri Lanka)
D.Flynn (New Zealand)
S.Broad (England)
I.Sharma (India)

Yep. Good talent. Forgot about him.

Mousey;319405 said:
Yep. Good talent. Forgot about him.
I don't see what all the fuss is about?

Two half centuries in 16 innings at test level. Thirteen innings without a half century and a batting average of 15 in ODI cricket.

:confused:

DoubleO7;319481 said:
I don't see what all the fuss is about?

Two half centuries in 16 innings at test level. Thirteen innings without a half century and a batting average of 15 in ODI cricket.

:confused:

Couldn't agree more mate.

And with a first class average of 32 he isn't going anywhere too soon I don't think. He may be a talent but certainly not the top 5 going round.

First Class average isn't everything. Look at Shaun Marsh, making runs in ODI's but not making many at state level.

He's only 23 and is new to the scene. He looks quite talented and if NZ give him enough games and expose him he'll get better and turn into one of New Zealand's bests bats.

Mousey;320408 said:
He's only 23 and is new to the scene. He looks quite talented and if NZ give him enough games and expose him he'll get better and turn into one of New Zealand's bests bats.

Yeah true but if he is one of the best in NZ then I doubt he will be in the top 5 in the world.

DoubleO7;319390 said:
How many off spinners with pin point accuracy get 'whacked'?

Well the talk is not about the number of off spinners with pin point accuracy get whacked. In fact, you have already seen how he's being hammered by the Indians. I would say that 90% of his mystery has been solved.

jainy25;321425 said:
Well the talk is not about the number of off spinners with pin point accuracy get whacked. In fact, you have already seen how he's being hammered by the Indians. I would say that 90% of his mystery has been solved.

Not really. I have watched the first two matches of the India vs Sri Lanka series and Mendis has been incredibly unlucky. Why has he gone for many runs? Because players are attacking knowing there is huge risk involved.

DoubleO7;321579 said:
Not really. I have watched the first two matches of the India vs Sri Lanka series and Mendis has been incredibly unlucky. Why has he gone for many runs? Because players are attacking knowing there is huge risk involved.

What ? Risk involved and yet they would attack him ? I guess you mis-typed it. In fact Mendis wasn't attacked much in the first two games since Indian batsmen could now read him well, but still as you said that there was a lot of risk involved, they just played him steadily.
In the third game the biggest reason for why he went for runs was because Yuvraj and Sehwag were on song and that is their natural game. But one thing is for sure, Mendis can be read very well now. It does seem that he's gonna struggle against as they are showing that they still are the best players of spin.

1. Marcus North
2.Emerson Walker
3. Phillip Hughes
4. David Warner
5.Ryan Walker

- ryan walker

I have heard he has one of the best range of shots in the PSA and u/14 district competition. He only made about 130 runs this season for district but has shown what he was capable of when he smashed 36 in the last game.
Good plsyer to look out for for the future!

Back