Top End T20 Series

Top End T20 Series

The series of matches between SA, QLD & VIC begins on Friday.

The information regarding the series is available at; Northern Territory Cricket

And live score updates on their FB fan page; NT Cricket | Facebook

Fixtures;
Victorian Bushrangers v South Australian Redbacks Friday 27 August 2.30pm – 5.30pm TIO Stadium
Victorian Bushrangers v Queensland Bulls Saturday 28 August 10.30am - 1.30pm TIO Stadium
Queensland Bulls v South Australian Redbacks Saturday 28 August 2.30pm – 5.30pm TIO Stadium
South Australian Redbacks v Victorian Bushrangers Sunday 29 August 10.30am - 1.30pm TIO Stadium
Queensland Bulls v Victorian Bushrangers Sunday 29 August 2.30pm – 5.30pm TIO Stadium
South Australian Redbacks v Queensland Bulls Tuesday 31 August 10.30am- 1.30pm TIO Stadium

Re: Top End T20 Series

Seems like more pointless T20s, but nonetheless keep us posted on it.

This might give the Redbacks a chance to win something. All the best to them :D.

OhMyGodTheChips;406812 said:
Hardly pointless, SA and VIC are both warming up for the champions league, you want them to go in cold?

Well I think the CL is quite pointless though, so it's kind of warming up pointlessly for a pointless event. But that all comes down to opinion I guess :D

Boris;406903 said:
Well I think the CL is quite pointless though, so it's kind of warming up pointlessly for a pointless event. But that all comes down to opinion I guess :D

Only because Queensland didn't make it ;)

Kram81;406934 said:
Only because Queensland didn't make it ;)

Hahaha no, I don't even follow Queensland in the Big Bash, hell I don't follow the Big Bash at all. I see the Champions League as a mistress to the supposedly happily married to their country cricketers.

Haha I know.

I actually really like the Big Bash because they don't play too many games and the overseas players add some extra interest. Generally prefer it over International T20 by a fair way. IPL is absolute garbage.

Will not watch even a single match of the CL with no one to go for.

6 million reasons to take it seriously.

SA 2 for 122 - Klinger 69 no defeated VIC - 8 for 121 - Quiney 27, Bailey 2 for 29 and Harris 3 for 19

Kram81;406936 said:
Haha I know.

I actually really like the Big Bash because they don't play too many games and the overseas players add some extra interest. Generally prefer it over International T20 by a fair way. IPL is absolute garbage.

Will not watch even a single match of the CL with no one to go for.

I watched the Big Bash last year and I agree that it's better than every other series in the world, but this year I've decided to boycott all T20... doing my part to save cricket as we used to know it :).

The reason for the Champions League is so blatantly obvious, money, and they make no attempt to cover it up. For that very reason I wonder why people go to through the gates when they notice it's not at all about finding the best domestic team in the world.

OhMyGodTheChips;406971 said:

I don't mind t20 if there is nothing else, but when there is a lot of other cricket on, I don't pay too much attention to it.

Did follow Gilly with Deccan in the IPL though and really enjoyed their run earlier this year to the finals.

I'd keep an eye on Gilly if he was playing 5 overs a side.

And I'll always try and watch the Aussies playing in anything, even with Clarke captaining.

Scorecard Match - 4 -VIC vs SA - Top End T20 Challenge - Match 4 - South Australia Redbacks vs Victorian Bushrangers | Facebook - Not complete
Scorecard Match - 5 - QLD vs VIC - Top End T20 Challenge - Match 5 - Queensland Bulls vs Victorian Bushrangers | Facebook

The matches today were slow and boring to say the least. Victoria have looked pretty ordinary in the top order and during the middle overs, but all three teams have failed to get going at all. While the pitch started to play low, there wasn't any real aggression shown until the last two or three overs of each innings.

Hopefully the rest day tomorrow means the final match between QLD & SA will see a more consistent pitch with some pace and even bounce.

Scorecard for Match 6 - QLD vs SA - Top End T20 Challenge - Match 5 - Queensland Bulls vs South Australian Redbacks | Facebook

Bulls started poorly and meant that they were going to struggle to post a competitive total. Dunk compiled a solid 48 (50) but no one else got close to going. Klinger and Harris tee'd up straight away in the chase, then Manou continued on with some solid hitting. Wicket was average and not conductive to T20/limited overs cricket. Pre-tournament not enough work put into it and reflected in the variable bounce. Vics weren't happy at all but they played pretty ordinary regardless.

Something to work with for NT Cricket/government, conditions were perfect through out for it, so there is a good chance next year that it could be on again.

Back