U15 Hatch 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: U15 Hatch 09/10

As someone who played in this a few years ago i now believe it is only a comp that is there to fill up 3rds and 4ths in the Subbies. CV now have a pathway program for youngsters as do junior comps like the CMCA which also have rep cricket. It also places more stress on pitches and ovals that need a rest in the hottest part of the season.

southern sledge;375528 said:
As someone who played in this a few years ago i now believe it is only a comp that is there to fill up 3rds and 4ths in the Subbies. CV now have a pathway program for youngsters as do junior comps like the CMCA which also have rep cricket. It also places more stress on pitches and ovals that need a rest in the hottest part of the season.

That may be one valid perspective. I see it a tad differently. There are so many kids playing cricket these days. From a development stance and an opportunity to compete at rep level, Pathways can only take so many. There are still many very good crickets looking to play on turf at the highest level they can after Pathways selection is completed. Hatch offers another vehicle to involve more kids. Same goes for the VMCU carnival, Country Week etc. Many of these additional competitions are also regarded as potentiol indirect feeders to the Pathways program. I believe this is stated at the Cricket Victoria website if I read it correctly.

For all the kids that are serious about their cricket it is all about opportunity. Pathways cannot fit all of them in on it's own, and many fine cricketers miss out on Pathways selection for various valid reasons , not because they weren't good enough.

What ever rep competition a junior plays in, it does not guarantee anything for the future, that goes for Pathways as well. It is all up to the players themselves in the end, whether they remain at local club, goto subbies or premier cricket and so on. In the end we all find where we fit best, that may just turn out to be subbies 3s & 4s, who knows.

I am not qualified to comment on the wear and tear on pitches and their ability to absorb that use. What I will say is that my observations of many turf pitches still sees them stand up quite well to everything the season throws at them. But then I am unsure what resources are currently delivered to ensure that happens.

Hope you enjoyed your time playing Hatch in the past anyway!:)

how does harley smith not even make the cut at bops the kid is smashing runs left right and center in seniors and juniors may he head down to Brunswick?

twenty3;375552 said:
how does harley smith not even make the cut at bops the kid is smashing runs left right and center in seniors and juniors may he head down to Brunswick?

That's up to him I guess. Nothing stopping him unless they have in fact picked their side.

mr cricket;375570 said:
if you dont ming me asking, why do you keep posting comments then? do you have a connection with a club or anything?

Ok there are a few responses to that good question.

1/ I have had junior admin and coaching experience within the HDCA comp. So there is an automatic interest

2/ I either know or know of, many junior cricketers across the HDCA, DVCA and NCA. I know many senior people either playing or involved within the HDCA and DVCA. There movements and progress within cricket are of interest to me.

3/ The forums offer some insight to our local cricket competitions

4/ There is much to learn about cricket on the forums.

5/ Last but not least, I hate with a passion, kids delivering cutting and confidence shattering comments on a public forum, directed at many really good kid's who are just trying to enjoy a game of cricket. Calling people hacks, saying they are no good etc. etc. is not exactly my idea of a good nor admirable cricket community member. So I will do my best to hold people who make such comments accountable. I am not talking about banter between friends here either, that is different and also sometimes hard to identify as such. This is NOT MSN or similar, it is a cricket oriented environment where respect should be shown regardless of ability. If you participate you are welcome and encouraged, not abused. Otherwise you damage the good games reputation!

Have a great day!:)

onemoreover;375612 said:
Ok there are a few responses to that good question.

1/ I have had junior admin and coaching experience within the HDCA comp. So there is an automatic interest

2/ I either know or know of, many junior cricketers across the HDCA, DVCA and NCA. I know many senior people either playing or involved within the HDCA and DVCA. There movements and progress within cricket are of interest to me.

3/ The forums offer some insight to our local cricket competitions

4/ There is much to learn about cricket on the forums.

5/ Last but not least, I hate with a passion, kids delivering cutting and confidence shattering comments on a public forum, directed at many really good kid's who are just trying to enjoy a game of cricket. Calling people hacks, saying they are no good etc. etc. is not exactly my idea of a good nor admirable cricket community member. So I will do my best to hold people who make such comments accountable. I am not talking about banter between friends here either, that is different and also sometimes hard to identify as such. This is NOT MSN or similar, it is a cricket oriented environment where respect should be shown regardless of ability. If you participate you are welcome and encouraged, not abused. Otherwise you damage the good games reputation!

Have a great day!:)

fair enough then mate. will you be seen at any hatch games this carnival?
you also have a good day.

mr cricket;375621 said:
fair enough then mate. will you be seen at any hatch games this carnival?
you also have a good day.

Thanks for taking that last point in the right spirit!

Uncertain at this stage a lot on this season at that time. I would hope to make it to some games since last years Hatch that I saw was very entertaining and competitive. Some great cricket played indeed.

Are you playing or going to be at any Hatch games? If so I trust we will all be the recipients of some quality match reports from you? If you are playing then good luck and enjoy yourself.

cheers

morecricket;375798 said:
They are playing Hatch Shield for Coburg

Good pick up for Coburg. Matty and Robbie should remember to take their bathers and towel for a swim after home games. Pool is next door almost on boundary line. Careful fielding at long on or 3rd man, one false step and you are in the drink. :D

morecricket;376001 said:
all coburg hatch teams are very competitive
they are well coached and well managed

Sounds like you could have some back room gossip for us?

I see Matt Freeman and Robbie Phelan made the team. Not sure of others in the list. No doubt they are all good players though.

OK since this is a rep cricket thread and I often see comments about "why did this person get selected" or "that person should have been picked" and "that person should never have made it either" etc. etc., let's pose and attempt to answer the questions.............

a) How do I maximize my chance of selection?
and
b) What qualities are those making the selections looking for?

Let see if we can pin this touchy subject of rep cricket selection down. Remember to think about it as if you were making the selections yourself. Don't apply your own personal bias's to your replies. Be objective and open minded.:D

I will try to contribute along the way as well. I think it will be interesting to see what we come up with!

onemoreover;376014 said:
OK since this is a rep cricket thread and I often see comments about "why did this person get selected" or "that person should have been picked" and "that person should never have made it either" etc. etc., let's pose and attempt to answer the questions.............

a) How do I maximize my chance of selection?
and
b) What qualities are those making the selections looking for?

Let see if we can pin this touchy subject of rep cricket selection down. Remember to think about it as if you were making the selections yourself. Don't apply your own personal bias's to your replies. Be objective and open minded.:D

I will try to contribute along the way as well. I think it will be interesting to see what we come up with!

1- Attend every training session
2- Be proactive at training/discussion
3- Perform against the better sides in your competion. Runs and wickets are good but not worth a pinch of crap against the weak sides. Coaces/selectors only regard quality performances.
4- Bat and bowl well at practise.
5- If you have a nice looking milf mum, take her with you.:D

I wonder if the defending premiers Broadmeadows have picked their team. I will be interested if it is as good as last years team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back