Victoria 2nd XI vs NSW 2nd XI at Harry Trott Oval(Mon-Thurs)

Re: Victoria 2nd XI vs NSW 2nd XI at Harry Trott Oval(Mon-Thurs)

Aiden Blizzard and Glenn Maxwell were replaced by Robert Quiney and Will Sheridan for the final 2 days of the game

Scores at stumps on Day 3

Victoria 2nd XI 1st Innings 398

NSW 2nd XI 1st Innings(res.8/243 Copeland 2*)
T.Copeland st Carters b McDonald 7
D.Burns c Sheridan b Gilmour 15
J.Lalor NOT OUT 0
Extras 14
Score All Out for 266

DNB: M.Paskal

FOW: 9/266(Copeland), 10/266(Burns)

Victoria 2nd XI Bowling
Wright 12-1-33-1
Gilmour 14.1-5-33-1
Maxwell 13-1-54-1
Salm 14-2-38-3
McDonald 21-5-63-3
Beer 10-1-35-1

Batting Time: 335 Mins Overs:84.1

Victoria 2nd XI 2nd Innings
B.Forsyth c Paskal b Beadle 53
T.Stray lbw b Beadle 47
M.Hill c Nevill b Keen 31
R.Quiney c Copeland b Beadle 14
R.Carters c Nevill b Keen 9
E.Gulbis lbw b Keen 4
W.Sheridan c Nevill b Beadle 28
D.Wright c Cruickshank b Beadle 31
B.McDonald NOT OUT 0
S.Gilmour NOT OUT 17
Extras 8
Score 8/232(dec)

DNB: M.Beer,C.Salm

FOW: 1/86(Stray), 2/117(Hill), 3/134(Quiney), 4/149(Carters), 5/151(Forsyth), 6/153(Gulbis), 7/213(Wright), 8/217(Sheridan)

NSW 2nd XI Bowling
T.Copeland 4-1-16-0
J.Mennie 4-0-14-0
J.Lalor 7-2-20-0
D.Burns 7-1-46-0
A.Beadle 24-4-67-5
S.Keen 18-2-44-3
M.Paskal 3-0-17-0

Batting Time: 236 Mins Overs: 67

NSW 2nd XI 2nd Innings(Target 365 from 108 overs(min.))
P.Nevill b Wright 3
S.Cazzulino NOT OUT 19
T.Cruickshank NOT OUT 17
Extras 1
Score 1/40

Victoria 2nd XI Bowling
D.Wright 4-1-10-1
S.Gilmour 4-1-11-0
W.Sheridan 2-0-8-0
B.McDonald 2-0-11-0

Batting Time: 50 Mins Overs: 12

Play continues tomorrow at 11am AEDT

Yes mate. Still hope! Who would be a father of a cricketer sweating on the score@!!! Great opportunity if he is on song. What about the Pakistan fielding. The worst I have ever seen at that level. In fact I cannot remember worse at any level. cheers GC

The Pakistanis have never been a team for fielding. Should go across to the Pakistan in Australia thread to discuss that so we don't run off topic here, mods and admin rightly so don't enjoy that happening too much.

Final day's play should hopefully set everyone up for some good cricket.

crookers;383220 said:
Plenty of imports but local products are few and far between but include off the top of my head-

Jim Burke Grahaeme Beard Peter Phillpott Keith Miller Ron Saggers Gavin Robertson Sean Bradstreet Mike Pawley

Local?

Anyway, good to see Maxwell get a score, but I'd like to see Hill get a big one and push for the Vic side now that Hodge has retired.

Quite right Moussey. Whist he lived most of has life in the Manly area he was in fact a VICTORIAN. I stand corrected.

Haha, sorry, he's just a proud almuni of my school - so we have ot make sure to hold on to him. :p

Some other big names there though. Hopefully Tim goes alright today mate, without winning the match of course. :p

Hope Bill Lawry doesnt read my post!!! I,ll cop a law suit for libel!! Dont hold much hope for NSW(tim). Notice spinners took all 8 Vic wickets yesterday so obviously turning big time. Cheers GC

Scores at completion of match just before 3pm (About 40 mins before Tea on Day 4)

Victoria 2nd XI 1st Innings 398

NSW 2nd XI 1st Innings 266

Victoria 2nd XI 2nd Innings 8/232(dec)

NSW 2nd XI 2nd Innings(res.1/40 Cazzulino 19 Cruickshank 17)
S.Cazzulino c Salm b Wright 24
T.Cruickshank c Wright b Beer 44
A.Beadle lbw b Beer 2
P.Wells c Carters b Beer 48
S.Keen NOT OUT 65
S.Henry lbw b Beer 0
T.Copeland b Gilmour 2
J.Mennie c Quiney b Gilmour 12
D.Burns c Carters b Beer 0
J.Lalor b Gilmour 4
Extras 10
Score 209

DNB: M.Paskal

FOW: 2/62(Cazzulino), 3/64(Beadle), 4/91(Cruickshank), 5/174(Wells), 6/178(Henry), 7/181(Copeland), 8/201(Mennie), 9/204(Burns), 10/209(Lalor)

Victoria 2nd XI Bowling
D.Wright 11-6-14-2
S.Gilmour 12.4-2-50-3
W.Sheridan 5-1-17-0
B.McDonald 8-1-30-0
M.Beer 18-1-80-5
C.Salm 6-2-19-0

Batting Time: 248 Mins Overs: 60.4

Victoria 2nd XI won by 155 Runs

Thanks Robbo, not a bad game by Steve Gilmour, good to see some 2nd innings wickets after he had been dominating with the bat :D

Haven't these games been commentated on the Cricket.com.au website earlier in the year?

Are they only offline will all the BagBash action is on, or are the live comments gone for good??

Hi Sockit I think 2nd eleven games(futures league now) are still covered but this game was not an official part of the programme and I think was organised by VIC/NSW to give some players over 23 who are performing well an opportunity. Dont hold me to that though. Just an assumption as the Cricket Aust futures league does not cater for these players anymore. Someone needs to rethink this idea IMO. cheers

crookers;383580 said:
Hi Sockit I think 2nd eleven games(futures league now) are still covered but this game was not an official part of the programme and I think was organised by VIC/NSW to give some players over 23 who are performing well an opportunity. Dont hold me to that though. Just an assumption as the Cricket Aust futures league does not cater for these players anymore. Someone needs to rethink this idea IMO. cheers
Cheers, i just assumed the game was part of that series..

The under 23 idea has plenty of merit, as does the bonus points for spinners, but does it give genuine 2nd XI players enough of a chance to press for Shield and ODD places??

What is the overage limit in the futures league, three??

I think the limit is 3. I would make the comment that most players that are ready for shield cricket would be over the age of 23 so I am not in favour of the 23 age limitation. cheers

Yeah, maybe 5 or 6 would be more realistic, and give the selectors a chance to look at the players who are in line for selection at Interstate level.

Good win by the Vics, but I was hoping Mick Hill would score a few more, he played juniors at the same club as me.

Back