Victorian Premier Cricket 08/09

Re: Victorian Premier Cricket 08/09

Each state is allowed an overseas so patto will fit that boat... However will he get a game ahead of siddle, harwood, mcdonald, mckay, im not sure who else but i dont think he will.... Cam white bowls quicker than him anyway:)

found on the footscray website Geisler named captain taken over from love any news there???? Interesting the dogs had a good year strange time for a change..

bud;229511 said:
Each state is allowed an overseas so patto will fit that boat... However will he get a game ahead of siddle, harwood, mcdonald, mckay, im not sure who else but i dont think he will.... Cam white bowls quicker than him anyway:)

found on the footscray website Geisler named captain taken over from love any news there???? Interesting the dogs had a good year strange time for a change..

Nannes will play ahead of pattinson and so will siddle.... it may come down to harwoods fitness to see if he plays and if he isnt fit, they will go with pattinson.... it wil be an interesting season for the vics and how the line up with their quicks....

News of geisler isnt really a shock.. He has been there for quite a while now and they think he is ready to take the next step to captain the side and also may enhance his chances to play at the next level.... also allows love to concentrate more on his batting without the added pressure of being captain.....

true doug i know what your saying... he is important to them up the top of the order!!

five80;229479 said:
If Pattinson is not an Australian citizen, should he have been registered as an overseas player for the last few years?

no because he had dual citizenship but now that he elected to play test cricket for england he is now classified as an overseas player when playing in australia.

TheStraighter1;229710 said:
no because he had dual citizenship but now that he elected to play test cricket for england he is now classified as an overseas player when playing in australia.

He only has an english passport, no Australian. Full Pommy

that is wrong. He has had dual citizenship... he was born in england but moved to australia as a young kid. He applied for australian citizenship.

TheStraighter1;229782 said:
that is wrong. He has had dual citizenship... he was born in england but moved to australia as a young kid. He applied for australian citizenship.

if this happened why is he playing as Victoria's oversea next season?

He has just an english passport

no... Before he elected to play for england, he cld have played for either england or australia. Now that he is a test player for england, he is now considered an overseas player for victoria. In the past he has never been an overseas player.

TheStraighter1;229891 said:
no... Before he elected to play for england, he cld have played for either england or australia. Now that he is a test player for england, he is now considered an overseas player for victoria. In the past he has never been an overseas player.

Because they didnt know he didnt have an Australian passport. They went on to say they will do much more extensive background checks on the details of each player now.

People were metioning the big name players to help their sides. I don't think that those metioned are the keys to the team, it is the other players that play around them. Every team has 2-4 gun players but to be in the finals you need to have a list of good core players, esspecially for the spots 10-13 in the squads.

Whos are some important players, (not the key ones) that will need to lift to help their teams?

These are the players that help the clubs sneak into finals and can go under the radar in the big games.

inthespirit;230114 said:
People were metioning the big name players to help their sides. I don't think that those metioned are the keys to the team, it is the other players that play around them. Every team has 2-4 gun players but to be in the finals you need to have a list of good core players, esspecially for the spots 10-13 in the squads.

Whos are some important players, (not the key ones) that will need to lift to help their teams?

These are the players that help the clubs sneak into finals and can go under the radar in the big games.

Some of these blokes can sneak under the radar, which I think is what the question is...

Camberwell - Gribble
Carlton - Brown
Casey - they dont know what finals are
Dandenong - Allen
Essendon - Kennedy
Fitzroy - Motschall
Footscray - Sandri
Frankston - ???
Geelong - Davies
Hawthorn - if Dart and Spoljaric dont perform, they dont win
Melbourne - Cooper
North Melbourne - Salpietro
Northcote - Hahahaha
Prahan - Sealey
Richmond - Jaensch
Ringwood - King (has to be a chance doesn't it?)
St.Kilda - McGuiness
Mel Uni - Cairns

I would say Hawthorn's lesser players like Benham and Sillence will be important too.

TheStraighter1;219887 said:
what a selfish person. he wants 15,000 and he will hardly play any games. not a good asset to the club, wont be a club type person, just there to play cricket and go home.

You must know him quite well then mate. Perhaps you should reserve your judgement until you see how he goes this year

im not disputing the fact that he is a top class player and deserved his chance to play for aus when he did, but a person that wants to be payed 15,000 by there club is pretty terrible.

Some Richmond news

They have picked up Sussex batsmen Chris Nash also McDonald from Footscray Edgewatwer.

Their country round game is likely to be played at Barooga,NSW as a Day/Night game.

It is also likely this will be the club's final season at Punt Road Oval with a likely move to Collingwood's Victoria Park for 2009/10 season.

hottip06;222993 said:
Yeah sorry, my bad! Once out of 70 games, you've won me over!

And they didn't even win! Might have won if he turned that 50 into a hundred though.

Give me a spell mate...

Your a weak dog! How about you say it to their face instead of being a coward behind a computer screen. Backstabbers like you don't deserve to be commenting on good cricketers. You probably play local cricket for some rubbish team you scumbag. Weak as water!

Look mate its cricket talk only, not a personal slang match... Take your rubbish somewhere else!!! No one wants to hear your dribble!!

Interesting to see Vance and Herrick both refused. What are the usual reason for a refusal?

If they choose not to go back to a premier cricket their only option would be local club cricket I'm guessing

Woofa12;230421 said:
Your a weak dog! How about you say it to their face instead of being a coward behind a computer screen. Backstabbers like you don't deserve to be commenting on good cricketers. You probably play local cricket for some rubbish team you scumbag. Weak as water!

Haha, hiding behind a screen huh... as opposed to what you've just done!

All my opinions (and they are just opinions) are based on facts and facts only! His record and numbers speak for itself! It really is quite hard to argue against the numbers.

As Bud said, its only cricket talk and opinions, so take your huff and puff somewhere else!!!

Back