Virender's Blog-2008

Re: Virender's Blog-2008

Virendersingh.berthwal;382351 said:
Last two weeks has been for my cricket practice.
I am able to practice regularly on weekends...

Attached are the photos of both of the seperate wickets at different place.

I go to the first one in the morning from 7-9am and from there on to the second one till 12pm..only on weekends....

Today and tomorrow my team is having back-to-back matches...Unfortunately i am not part of the team since it is on weekdays.

I hope that my team wins both the matches...

Virender, the one on the right - is that a concrete wicket?

Yeah Dave, the right side wicket is concrete one..

I am trying to make a hard wicket next to the same one for practice so we will have two wickets..
Will update the same in coming days...

Virender

Virendersingh.berthwal;382633 said:
Yeah Dave, the right side wicket is concrete one..

I am trying to make a hard wicket next to the same one for practice so we will have two wickets..
Will update the same in coming days...

Virender

The problem I have with my wicket is smoothing it out and making it flat. I have got a little roller, but it's awkward getting it from my house to the wicket to roll it. I'd like to be able to leave it at the wicket and chain it to a tree or something but can't because it'll get stolen for scrap metal. How are you flattening yours - any tips/ideas?

Dave,

We have roller with us.
It is kept in the trees but it is made up of concrete not of metal for the same reasons as yours...
It was made from a civil vendor..

Hope it helps your query...

Virender

Re: Virender's Blog

Dear Friends,

I would like to announce that my wife and i are blessed with a baby girl born on 6th of Jan'10.

The baby is healthy and safe.

We are happy and excited and thank the Almighty for blessing us:)

Photos will be shared in few days time.

Virender

Congratulations Virender, hope everything is well with the baby. Maybe she'll become the female version of Tendulkar! :D

Virendersingh.berthwal;384203 said:
Dear Friends,

I would like to announce that my wife and i are blessed with a baby girl born on 6th of Jan'10.

Virender

Didn't see this before Virender, congratulations mate!

Congratulations all round Virendar. :)

May she be blessed with a loving family, cricket, loving and nurturing conditions, cricket, a long wonderful life and cricket.

Haha, nice Boris.

Dear Friends,

Virender

Just saw this today, congrats V! That's awesome news mate :)

Dear All,

Cricket has taken a little of a pace up from last few weeks..my captain and owner of Rising star C.C. has officially closed down his club and enrolled in an old club- Royal C.C. one of the very few registered clubs in MCA.

He also introduced me to the co-founder,Treasurer and captain of the club.
They are practicing only on saturday from 4 pm to 6pm and in sunday at 7am to 9am..i decided to join on the request from my captain but i doubt that i will be regular because the club ground is very far from house and takes around 25-30 mins in travelling by Bike...whereas the nearby club---T.D. Sporting C.C.is merely 5 mins by Bike....so far i am undecided wether to join the old club or the nearby club...i am just planning my practice in both the clubs...
Also Royal has invited me to play in the Qtry final match this coming sunday...which i have accepted...i hope that i will be able to justify my captain's faith in me and would do well in the match....

Also attach is the photo of my baby girl who is 4 weeks old by now...i am totally enjoying daddy'work at home- changing her nappies,,entertaining her...really great...:)

Virender

Virender

Attachments

• Prisha.JPG
    Prisha.JPG
    0 bytes · Views: 8

Finally the moment came when got any opportunity to play for the new club and that in the qtry final against a good local team...I had gone thinking of doing well and did felt that the team had good chance against all odds----two players did not turned up and one senior player was playing in spite of side strain...our opening bowling was not so good with extras given no control on swing...then the next line of bowlers brought the game in control and the a fellow left arm spinner bowled very well....we managed to tighten the rope and I was introduced in for a 3 over spell then taken out for the other left arm spinner to complete his quota of 9 overs...after that wickets were hard to fell...so came back for my 6 remaining overs and bowled very well and took 3 crucial wickets...in the end they scored 230 runs thanks to our poor fielding and 3-4 catches were dropped(1-sitter in my over)...I was happy that I came good for the new club with wickets in my 9 overs spell with 60 runs(poor fielding contributed)...in return our batting order collapsed completely and we struggled to score 90 runs....I was not out at the other end and surprisingly I was a number 11 batsmen...which was out of my mind...

Anyway we are out of the tournament and hope that in coming days we manage to do well...most of the guys in the team are working people and net practice is only on weekends...so fitness,fielding,bowling and batting is a struggle...but I am confident that we will pull in the end...I have as usual a lot to do and starting first is my fitness...I really need to upgrade it and start it from this week itself...One of the co-founder did mention to me that I have the potential to be the best and should focus on batting more confidently rather than batting over cautiously...I was happy with his comments and promised to try the same...at times I do miss that fatherly kind of figure in cricket...I am sure someone will be there for me...I am passionate and committed to cricket but some people take my passion for cricket and commitment for club very lightly and always over look it....and that is sad...

Virendersingh.berthwal;387588 said:
Finally the moment came when got any opportunity to play for the new club and that in the qtry final against a good local team...I had gone thinking of doing well and did felt that the team had good chance against all odds----two players did not turned up and one senior player was playing in spite of side strain...our opening bowling was not so good with extras given no control on swing...then the next line of bowlers brought the game in control and the a fellow left arm spinner bowled very well....we managed to tighten the rope and I was introduced in for a 3 over spell then taken out for the other left arm spinner to complete his quota of 9 overs...after that wickets were hard to fell...so came back for my 6 remaining overs and bowled very well and took 3 crucial wickets...in the end they scored 230 runs thanks to our poor fielding and 3-4 catches were dropped(1-sitter in my over)...I was happy that I came good for the new club with wickets in my 9 overs spell with 60 runs(poor fielding contributed)...in return our batting order collapsed completely and we struggled to score 90 runs....I was not out at the other end and surprisingly I was a number 11 batsmen...which was out of my mind...

Anyway we are out of the tournament and hope that in coming days we manage to do well...most of the guys in the team are working people and net practice is only on weekends...so fitness,fielding,bowling and batting is a struggle...but I am confident that we will pull in the end...I have as usual a lot to do and starting first is my fitness...I really need to upgrade it and start it from this week itself...One of the co-founder did mention to me that I have the potential to be the best and should focus on batting more confidently rather than batting over cautiously...I was happy with his comments and promised to try the same...at times I do miss that fatherly kind of figure in cricket...I am sure someone will be there for me...I am passionate and committed to cricket but some people take my passion for cricket and commitment for club very lightly and always over look it....and that is sad...

Let's hope then that this bloke can play the role as a mentor to you ?

Hello Friends,
27th Feb was my birthday...and celebrated with my family...

On the same day i played a league 20/20 match for my company-Orange Business Services (Outsourced Employee thru Johnson Controls India)....

We won the toss and elected to bat and in spite of good start the whole team struggled and scored 90 runs in 16 overs with me not out on the other end and got no opportunity to bat as i lost 3 partners in a span of 3 deliveries...disappointed of not getting to bat...i decided to make up in my bowling...we had 91 runs to defend against a good batting side....our opening bowlers did the good work of taking 4 wickets...and when i came to bowl i took 5 wickets in a line and had last wicket batting and i was to bowl the last ball of my last over...the ball nicked the bat but fell short of the slip fielder...letting the opposition captain batting from start to complete the remaining 4 runs to win in the next over and finish the game....although i bowled my heart out and claimed 5 wickets and also unlucky to get the last wicket....i did not felt like enjoying my 5 wicket haul....we all were very sad that after figthing very hard to defend a 91 runs score in 20 overs and having come so close to win....i could not get the last man out....i got a 5 wicket haul as birthday gift but a win would have been much much better satisfaction...but such is life and at times could cruel...that u are so close to win but at the last moment it is snatched away.....i am sad that i could not provide the final wicket....and it will be in my heart for ages....i pray to god that in the next and final league match...pls give us victory so we can claim our place in the finals....i hope to do much better for my team....

Dear Friends,

Virender

Although a couple of months late, I would like to add to all the messages of congratulations Virender. Your little girl is so beautiful; I am sure she will give you so many moments of delight... what is a win compared to the moment she looks into her Daddy's eyes? ;) You and your wife are truly blessed... may she be the first of many x

Virendersingh.berthwal;390683 said:
Hello Friends,
27th Feb was my birthday...and celebrated with my family...

On the same day i played a league 20/20 match for my company-Orange Business Services (Outsourced Employee thru Johnson Controls India)....

We won the toss and elected to bat and in spite of good start the whole team struggled and scored 90 runs in 16 overs with me not out on the other end and got no opportunity to bat as i lost 3 partners in a span of 3 deliveries...disappointed of not getting to bat...i decided to make up in my bowling...we had 91 runs to defend against a good batting side....our opening bowlers did the good work of taking 4 wickets...and when i came to bowl i took 5 wickets in a line and had last wicket batting and i was to bowl the last ball of my last over...the ball nicked the bat but fell short of the slip fielder...letting the opposition captain batting from start to complete the remaining 4 runs to win in the next over and finish the game....although i bowled my heart out and claimed 5 wickets and also unlucky to get the last wicket....i did not felt like enjoying my 5 wicket haul....we all were very sad that after figthing very hard to defend a 91 runs score in 20 overs and having come so close to win....i could not get the last man out....i got a 5 wicket haul as birthday gift but a win would have been much much better satisfaction...but such is life and at times could cruel...that u are so close to win but at the last moment it is snatched away.....i am sad that i could not provide the final wicket....and it will be in my heart for ages....i pray to god that in the next and final league match...pls give us victory so we can claim our place in the finals....i hope to do much better for my team....

Blimey Virender - you were the star of the game by the sounds of it - you're being far too harsh on yourself!! Happy birthday anyway! Hows your practice wicket going?

Hello Friends,

It's been a long long time since i have logged in but i have been quite occupied with my work and yes finally this season my cricket has been great and i am happy..From last month i have been playing matches every saturday-- white ball red ball--- 20/20,, 40 overs match...everything...what an exprience....but the biggest highlight was playing 40 overs back-to-back match on 2nd and 3rd April.....WOW.....what a luck...of course during the last month with so many matches.... i have work hard,play hard,,in pain,,sacrifice,,,job risk...done almost that kept me on toes...everything for cricket but enjoyed every bit of cricket....I pray to god to let me more opportunities of playing cricket...
In all of the matches my overall performance has been good,bad and ugly....but i enjoyed my cricket and my team also did the same....we had good moments and bad moments...but we kept goind and will be....

Watch for this space....Bye:)

Virender

Hello All,

Cricketing season has started but due to injury from last few months..i was not able to attend the practice sessions and limiting my matches as well so i can rest and take care of my body as well.
But things has been improving for me as i have managed to maintain my gym routine and has played few matches from last month..following are the bowling performances:
Match Overs-Runs- Wickets
1 6- 21- 3.
2 5- 35- 4.
3 2- 18-0.- (Pulled out from 2nd over due to cramps on left leg).
Apart from the 3rd match; i played and fielded the full 35 overs and had a pretty good fielding but unforunately i did not get to bat in the first 2 matches...3rd matches i was out due to cramps and had to rest.
Also please note that I played matches without net practice.
I will start the net practice from coming saturday..mostly the net practice will be on saturday only.

Virender

Played my first for 2011 on 1st of Jan'11....

this was the practice with my colleagues..

Fielded first and were given a target of 240 runs runs and we managed to score 210 runs...that was good in terms of less batters in the team...

on personal front...batting was pathetic as i gave a wrong call and got run out...

But bowling was ok....took hatrick wickets...with 3 overs--21 runs and 3 wickets...that too hatrick..

So felt good...:)

Next day went for net practice...meet the club co-founder and he was very upset with me for not playing in club matches..

He has been speaking with me...to play club matches..but i have my fitness issues...as result would not take chances..

I explained to him about the internal club issues and my discomfort as well..

I hope he understands and takes the nescessary steps...

Back