Virender's Blog-2008

Re: Virender's Blog-2008

Virender - how big are your nets Wrist Spin Bowling: Enthused I've pasted your pic's into my blog so that my mates can see what yours are like as I think we could do a similar thing ourselves. How high are the nets and how long are they and is that length long enough do you think?

breeno;315924 said:
Virender have you got any vids of you bowling and/or batting?

Breeno,

I have my batting video but it is of 1GB and cannot be downloaded on net.
I also took scott's advice for a new site but no luck.
Any help?

Maybe tomorrow i will shoot my batting video for 2-3 mins and then download that part?
Let me check if i can do the same.

Virender

virender you could try cutting the video into a few parts and then compressing them to a video format like .flv you might lose some quality or you could use a zip file and upload to a download site for people to download

Virender what format is the video file? I might have a free program you can download off the internet that you'd be able to edit clips with -

Get VirtualDub. http://www.virtualdub.org
Open your video file in virtualdub. Click on audio. Click no audio (this is needed, since if the video plays in slow motion, the duration of the audio won’t match). Then click video. Click direct stream copy (so the conversion is lossless). Then click video. Click frame rate. Under 'source rate adjustment' select the 'change to [blank] frames per second' bullet and type in a frame rate (smaller than the one on the line above it, obviously). Then click file, save as avi, and you’re done.

Thanks Dave,
I will be out of town for couple of days after that i will try..

Meanwhile, My last week's net practice was pretty OK and missed three nets as i was out of town.
Starting going to nets from Friday up to today-3 days.
Had an eventful batting and bowling practice....
bowling was pretty rough with struggling to maintain line and length at times...but the slowness in the wicket helped a great deal in beating the batsmen excluding our coach who always reads my deliveries and bats very well.
Batting has been fine and i have requested him to watch my batting in the nets and comment on it.
Iam batting naturally and not hitting in the air.
Batting sensibly against the fast bowlers with occasionally leaving/defending the ball and hitting into the gaps..
Using my feet very well against the spinners.
I am getting more and more confident against the fast bowlers.
I am concentrating very hard and middling the ball with timing.So far it is good and getting well deserved practice as well since most of the not-so-serious players are coming so we have good quality fast and spinners from other clubs bowling to us and we also let players from other clubs to bat as well.
So normally 2-4 batsmen are batting and only two of us are of the club the rest are players from different clubs coming to practice with us.
Since i have told by my coach not to call and remind/request our players to practice....and so we both are the only regular ones to come to practice...this all thing has not gone very well with our captain and he seems angry with it..our players have let the club down by not coming to practice and it is a shame that other players take full advantage of this scenario by having good practice in our nets.
From last 4 weeks we cannot arrange a match also....but i have told my coach that it is high time that we organize matches and play accordingloy...I will arrange the 11 players as well....I am practicing regularly and would like to play in matches as well.Not on a competitive level any more but at least organize matches with good decent side and keep up the cricketing level.
yesterday our office organized a tennis cricket tournament nearby our office and we were divided into two teams headed by the regional head of sales and service department...
When i went to the ground the way was thru some trees and when i saw i was stunned to see green outfield with only one wicket in centre...So by tennis standard it was like playing a cricket stadium...
I have not told till date to anybody that i play cricket at club level and rightly so kept quiet during selection as one team was not ready to select and just ignore and let the other team have me in...
It was a 8 over match with only 7 players...
Our captain elected to bat and we lost 3 wickets in first over itself.I went in and batted till the last over without hitting anything in the air and scored 1's,2's and 3's...In the end we scored 45 runs in 8 overs.
We bowled very badly in the 3 overs then i bowled the 5th over gave away only 4 runs and took 2 wickets...that sealed that match and they were all out in the 7th over winning by 20 runs.
I was the man of the match for batting,bowling and fielding.
IInd match: we lost the toss and put to field and again bowled well but two important catches went down even after telling the fielder to move to his left as a catch will come...but he failed to understand.
But we were able to wind them in 37 runs...
38 runs in 8 overs was an easy task for us so we decided to send couple of new players up the order by that time i was calling the shots and no one questioned it...that was good:)
But again we lost 4 wickets in quick span of time and i was in middle waiting at the other end...i got one sensible player and we batted patiently until he got out at 7th over and it came to the last over and last wicket...last player was messing but with 2 balls and 3 runs....he managed to get a single and i was facing the last ball with 2 runs required..
Played the last ball over cover for 4 and ended the match in victory with 2-0...man of the match for batting..
I did not get any trophy for the performances but the admiration and the applause and lifting me in joy was worth all of it...
By playing cricket we all had a great time and it helps for the team bonding in a great way,,,,i have suggested to have regular matches every Saturday after 4 pm till the sunset,,,,if required we must contribute to purchase more bats,stumps and tennis ball.
For being the man of the tournament,,,,i did not received any trophy or cheque but a cup of hot tea:D

Well i think this must be biggest blog entry till date and guess by now the reader must be feeling sleepy.
Bye for now...Virender

Thanks Guys,Our office has decided to play cricket every saturday after 4pm so that will be a good exercise and team bonding as well.
Menawhile i have scheduled a match next saturday in mumbai and will be arranging my friends from other clubs to play.
It is been nearly 2-3 weeks since i played a match and it is high time that i again start playing some matches since i have given up playing in tournaments.
I will lead some new players in that team and my coach has agreed to praticipate as well that is a good thing as he will be able to check and guide us.
I will also get to learn few cricketing and captaincy skills.
We have one week to practice..i hope things should go well.

Virender

Last Week went perfect.
Batting and bowling has been perfect practice in the nets.
Other then my coach no other batsmen were comfortable playing my spin bowling.
In batting i did as my coach told that is to middle the ball in the sweet spot region and hit in the gaps.
So far it is going fine and with more and more practice that will be perfect.
Last Saturday after the meetings and concall got over our office guys arranged cricket matches among themselves and we played 6 matches of reduced 6 overs to have more matches in the less time.
We lost the 1st match but went on to win all the remaining 5 matches.
My bowling throughout the matches was perfect but at times fielding let me down.Batting was pathetic but at the last match i stood till the end and won the match.
The enojyment is great and we are planning to have another tennis cricket match this saturday with the local team.
The interest among the staff is good and we are contributing money to buy bats,stumps and tennis balls.
I hope it will be fun to play match every saturday..

Yeah it sounds like you've got a good thing going there, I wish I could get some more blokes together like that and form teams. A couple of years ago there was a big group of Indian blokes who used to play on a field near us and I joined in once, but here in the UK quite often immigrants and people of different nationailities suffer rascist attacks and even though some of these blokes could speak English they still appeared to be a bit wary of me. Since then I've not seen them on the same field again, but apparently they played 20/20 matches all summer after work in the evenings that year, but kept it pretty much within their community group. I've gone over there many times and practiced there myself hoping to meet them again and try and forge contact with them in order to try and get them to form a team and play against our lot. But as yet it's not happened, but I'll do the same again this summer hoping to get something going.

Today I had a match at Mumbai.
I Won the toss and elected to field.
We bowled out the opposition in 33 overs at 163 runs.
In return we made 164 runs in 36 overs at the loss of 3 wickets.
I was happy at the win but more important was that the boys had a good opportunity to play against a good opposition.
I will try to arrange more such matches in near future as well.
Tomorrow i will go to net practice and inform my coach and captain about the match.
On personal grounds; I was contend to captain the side as i bowled only 2 overs and batted at the opening slot rotating the strike.
I was happy to see the team playing together as a unit and supporting each other and enjoying each other's success.

Back