Vtca 2012/13 Player Movements

Aberfeldie have been active since the end of the year, told today that their President posted on facebook that Peter Magafas from Hoppers is the new C/C also told they have grabbed some other big names must have plenty of dollars down there

Aberfeldie have been active since the end of the year, told today that their President posted on facebook that Peter Magafas from Hoppers is the new C/C also told they have grabbed some other big names must have plenty of dollars down there
Surprise, surprise..... if true (Mags rumour) it must now be club # 12!!! I just dont get it.

Surprise, surprise..... if true (Mags rumour) it must now be club # 12!!! I just dont get it.
What dont you get?
Some players play cricket for money, (majority of which play senior Div). And when you are getting between 10-15k, and in some cases 20-25k, its like a job.
So if someone offered you a pay rise to go join them.......
If someone is getting 3k, and leaves to go to another club for 5k, then yes, there is something wrong.

Also, can you name the 12 clubs. I thought Hoppers was his 5th.

Also, name a capt coach who has been at a top club for more then 4yrs in that role? Osborn and contessa only ones that come to mind.

can someone advise how he attracts money like that he played 2nds at HC last year

Batting by season Click a row to view this player's statistics for that season.
SEASONGRADEMATCHESINNINGSNOs*100s50sDUCKSHSAGGREGATEAVERAGE
2010/2011 VTCA:North Division 12 13 1 0 0 1 40 214 17.83
ALL GRADES 12 13 1 0 0 1 40 214 17.83
2011 MYCA:West Division 1 1 0 0 0 0 13 13 13.00
ALL GRADES 1 1 0 0 0 0 13 13 13.00
2011/2012 VTCA:Senior Division 7 7 0 0 1 0 55 182 26.00
VTCA:Senior Seconds 2 2 0 0 0 0 20 22 11.00
ALL GRADES 9 9 0 0 1 0 55 204 22.67
ALL SEASONS, ALL GRADES 22 23 1 0 1 1 55 431 19.59

can someone advise how he attracts money like that he played 2nds at HC last year

Batting by season Click a row to view this player's statistics for that season.
SEASONGRADEMATCHESINNINGSNOs*100s50sDUCKSHSAGGREGATEAVERAGE
2010/2011 VTCA:North Division 12 13 1 0 0 1 40 214 17.83
ALL GRADES 12 13 1 0 0 1 40 214 17.83
2011 MYCA:West Division 1 1 0 0 0 0 13 13 13.00
ALL GRADES 1 1 0 0 0 0 13 13 13.00
2011/2012 VTCA:Senior Division 7 7 0 0 1 0 55 182 26.00
VTCA:Senior Seconds 2 2 0 0 0 0 20 22 11.00
ALL GRADES 9 9 0 0 1 0 55 204 22.67
ALL SEASONS, ALL GRADES 22 23 1 0 1 1 55 431 19.59

Those $$ i was talking about were not directed at Magafus. I got no idea what Hopeprs are paying him. Doubt it would have been less then 5k but.

But more so making the point that players can leave to go to another club if they want, and people have blinkers on if they think a paid player is always going to be Loyal.

Good thing about the VTCA is the money that attracks the players

Dean Mighell
Aberfeldie CC is delighted to announce Peter Magafas as our Senior Coach for next season. We are delighted to have a player of Peter's calibre and character join us. Stand by for further updates on new players and Development Coaches.

Taylor is a big get for North A – although he has certainly not been the solid performer he once was over the last 2 seasons. No doubt being an ex first class cricketer, he will be a model of off field behaviour and teach the boys how to prepare the night before a game in order to get the best out of yourself.

Taylor and Magafas would have to be two of the worst blokes to ever grace the field in the VTCA.
Abers have always been a good bunch of blokes to play against, good to enjoy a beer with and have a chinwag after play. Not any more. How quickly the fabric of a club can change in one foul swoop.

Taylor and Magafas would have to be two of the worst blokes to ever grace the field in the VTCA.
Abers have always been a good bunch of blokes to play against, good to enjoy a beer with and have a chinwag after play. Not any more. How quickly the fabric of a club can change in one foul swoop.

"Liked"

What dont you get?
Some players play cricket for money, (majority of which play senior Div). And when you are getting between 10-15k, and in some cases 20-25k, its like a job.
If someone is getting 3k, and leaves to go to another club for 5k, then yes, there is something wrong.

Also, can you name the 12 clubs. I thought Hoppers was his 5th.

Also, name a capt coach who has been at a top club for more then 4yrs in that role? Osborn and contessa only ones that come to mind.
I dont get how some players can simply come and go..... they are like nomads. I certainly would not like to see a player at Spotty that has had, as you say, 5 clubs. I know when I said "12 clubs" it was inflated.... it was tongue in cheek. If you were in charge of recruiting for a VTCA club, would you rather have a chat to a player that is interested in coming for the right reasons, or for the $'s on offer. And to those that choose $'s, and they end up playing for many clubs, well, each to their own. I am sure at the end of their cricket days, they will have a tough decision to know which club they could call home is all I am saying. And you seem to contradict yourself...
As for captain/coaches that have been at a top club for more than 4 years, I think you have forgotten about a couple of blokes at YCC?? In my time at Spotty, I cannot recall a player leaving to find/chase $ elsewhere.

It sounds like the Abers Pres is doing everything to purchase a premiership with thier Captain Nyhus walked and I have been told by someone close to the club that one of thier best players in Shannahan is also gone he would be one of the best spinners in North A but supposedly told he's not wanted either. very strange as Taylor/Shannahan as a bowling duo would be formidable in North A.

I dont get how some players can simply come and go..... they are like nomads. I certainly would not like to see a player at Spotty that has had, as you say, 5 clubs. I know when I said "12 clubs" it was inflated.... it was tongue in cheek. If you were in charge of recruiting for a VTCA club, would you rather have a chat to a player that is interested in coming for the right reasons, or for the $'s on offer. And to those that choose $'s, and they end up playing for many clubs, well, each to their own. I am sure at the end of their cricket days, they will have a tough decision to know which club they could call home is all I am saying. And you seem to contradict yourself...
As for captain/coaches that have been at a top club for more than 4 years, I think you have forgotten about a couple of blokes at YCC?? In my time at Spotty, I cannot recall a player leaving to find/chase $ elsewhere.
Yes, agree spotswood mave good record keeping players. Dont include YCC cos we all know the $$ they offer make a big difference. They seem a good club to play for, but if they didnt have the pokies proping the club up, many of the blokes would leave as they would get more $$'s offered elsewhere.....and ill have one more crack to explain my point..

Player A gets 5k to play with club X. Club Y says to player A we will offer you 15k to come play with us. Player A would be stupid not to take the cash as its a years mortgage repayments etc. Thats why some players leave to go to other clubs.
This happened to a player who was playing subbies that got offered 5x more by a VTCA senior div team from the south.

To some money dont matter. But to most, it does, and the $$'s can be significant to make them pack up and leave every 2-3yrs.

As for clubs, its up to them to decide if its money well spent. If a pro only stays for two years but helps you move up a grade in that time well i think its money well spent.

Back