VTCA Cricket - General Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: VTCA Cricket - General Chat

Max;363204 said:
not kiddin at all , you would most likely of said the same thing about airport west this time last year and look at what they have achieved in only their 1st year in senior division , willy cy's have recruited strongly and will be the surprise package this season im tipping , it will be interesting viewing anyway , good luck to all !!

g,day max, your dead right about airport west last year suprising everyone and preforming so well. they are a great team and the blokes are a good bunch, BUT i no first hand that after their new recruit signed recently that a few of those blokes who guided apw to a grandfinal are ready to jump ship due to dispysing this new guy. not a good start to their season and a shame for apw. hes a wet blanket.

Southern Son;363125 said:
ppfftt... Willi CY's?!... Have some respect for a club that's been around the mark for a number of seasons now.

Willi's focus would surely be on consolidating their position in Snr Div for 2010/11.

around the mark???? ive played in the top division for 8 years and i dont even remember playing against south caufield. your passion for your club is blinding your jugdement and im picking willi cy,s will pull your pants down. ive played in rep sides with and against some of them and trust me they will suprise ppl this season. hey i do remember playing sth cf now, well i remember the long bus ride home when we had drinking compitions after an easy game.:D

mr roliek;363218 said:
around the mark???? ive played in the top division for 8 years and i dont even remember playing against south caufield. your passion for your club is blinding your jugdement and im picking willi cy,s will pull your pants down. ive played in rep sides with and against some of them and trust me they will suprise ppl this season. hey i do remember playing sth cf now, well i remember the long bus ride home when we had drinking compitions after an easy game.:D

You obviously havent played in finals then as they have been in the top 4 at least 3 times over the past 6 or so years...

NorthClubsDontPayPlayers;363236 said:
You obviously havent played in finals then as they have been in the top 4 at least 3 times over the past 6 or so years...

are you kidding me? last year was the first time in 8 years that we didint play off in the grandfinal. who remembers teams that come 2nd let alone teams that come 3rd or 4th or 5th??? not me.

mr roliek;363242 said:
are you kidding me? last year was the first time in 8 years that we didint play off in the grandfinal. who remembers teams that come 2nd let alone teams that come 3rd or 4th or 5th??? not me.

And are you going to be there this year without Porter making 75% of your runs?
Considering Sth Caulfield beat you last year you must be one hell of a cricketer to forget the teams that beat you.

Southern Son;363125 said:
ppfftt... Willi CY's?!... Have some respect for a club that's been around the mark for a number of seasons now.

Willi's focus would surely be on consolidating their position in Snr Div for 2010/11.

While I think due respec to SC for managing to stay in Senior div for many years now is warranted, I also think CY's will be the real smokey this year. Quality bunch of blokes. And if they have recruited as well as what I have heard, will definately be around the mark.

Jika, care to let us know about your recruits? I have also heard that CY's will not be able to field their best 11 due to the points system? If this is the case, your 2nds will also be very strong.

Who has left Airport West and who is the new arrival there? I know Glen Jones has moved on, but anyone else? And what about YClub? Been very quiet as to who they have kept/recruited/lost?:confused:

NorthClubsDontPayPlayers;363243 said:
And are you going to be there this year without Porter making 75% of your runs?
Considering Sth Caulfield beat you last year you must be one hell of a cricketer to forget the teams that beat you.

is that the best you,ve got? i was overseas last season but im back now so when we play sth cf il remember to bring a trophy for you guys that reads CLOSE BUT NOT CLOSE ENOUGH.

weapons05/06;363160 said:
willy cy's have picked up 3 ex subbie players from willy........ a quality leggy an all rounder who bowls good heat(was picked in the subbies rep team)and smashes them everywhere and an opening bowler........

all are around the 22-24 years of age......

Perhaps you should have stayed at Willi this year, you may have got a game in the 1st's.

mr roliek;363215 said:
g,day max, your dead right about airport west last year suprising everyone and preforming so well. they are a great team and the blokes are a good bunch, BUT i no first hand that after their new recruit signed recently that a few of those blokes who guided apw to a grandfinal are ready to jump ship due to dispysing this new guy. not a good start to their season and a shame for apw. hes a wet blanket.

g'day mr roliek , it will be an interesting season i suppose we will have to wait and see !!

10notout;363256 said:
Perhaps you should have stayed at Willi this year, you may have got a game in the 1st's.

probably would have......

nope time for me to move on and get into snr coaching.......time for my young pups to get a gig in the ones at willy........;)

cheers

weapons05/06;363324 said:
probably would have......

nope time for me to move on and get into snr coaching.......time for my young pups to get a gig in the ones at willy........;)

cheers

good luck

Too Old Body Broke;363245 said:
While I think due respec to SC for managing to stay in Senior div for many years now is warranted, I also think CY's will be the real smokey this year. Quality bunch of blokes. And if they have recruited as well as what I have heard, will definately be around the mark.

Jika, care to let us know about your recruits? I have also heard that CY's will not be able to field their best 11 due to the points system? If this is the case, your 2nds will also be very strong.

Who has left Airport West and who is the new arrival there? I know Glen Jones has moved on, but anyone else? And what about YClub? Been very quiet as to who they have kept/recruited/lost?:confused:

Hello TOBB,

Yes we have had a few changes since our most recent GF debarcle (shit we've had a few of them in the last 15 years). At this point we have at least 8 new 1's and 2's players aged between 18-24, and my understanding is we haven't lost any from last year. My guess is at least 4 of the new blokes will start in the 1sts, maybe 5. Got 3 from subbies, 2 from o/s, 1 from Hoppers (clearance pending I think), 1 from another local comp and 1 who didnt play last year. Point system wont be a problem, although it is getting pretty tight. Couple of older blokes have stepped down (or been given the flick, whichever u prefer) so Mozza will captain the 2nds and Im captaining the 3rds in the 1 day comp of a Sunday (can I still bowl 20 from 1 end). We have also had another 6-7 new blokes at training who we didn't actively recruit and a couple of them look pretty reasonable at this time. We have had to enter a 5ths this year which is fantastic as only 3 or 4 years ago we were struggling to get 3rds.

vivion;362570 said:
And replace with who..Keilor? kidding yourself...

hey viv, i see you were quick to jump ship at douttas! actually most of you guys jumped ship, didnt want to stick it out for your club? just shows everyone else what sort or character you guys have down there! loyalty is a wonderful thing mate it shows what sort of a person you are. i wonder what your new team mates think? all credit to tankard for working his arse off for his team mates and his club even with a dodgy leg. now thats loyalty!

He who knows best;355170 said:
from speaking with my contacts there Stuart is NO CHANCE of being there, wasn't he playing 2nds at Doutta's ?

Not wanted was the feedback I heard

J Ingleton a great get, another old head with Shanahan and they should improve with those two in charge

sounds like they are heading down the right path

clinton stuart? isint he a jockey? pitty jingles has to put up with yet another doutta bloke who jumped ship. i hope the opposition bowlers slow down to him tho coz he wears kids cricket gear and theres not much padding on those babies. his sponsor is pumpkin patch at highpoint. jingles is a legend bloke and i wish all the best this season.

Mozza;363457 said:
That's not true at all Jika......You been drinking again!!!:D

Gday Mozza,

When you say again, that implies that he had stopped!!!! Sounds like you guys will be very strong this year. Good luck. I look forward to a few sherbets.

Jika,

I dont think they allow wheel chair access to the wicket. Well thats what i got :Dtold last year!!

Mozza;363541 said:
Still do Mr Keilor.......i mean Mr Roliek!

if you keep it up on the sunbeds mozza you'll end up looking like a ten year old weather beaten sherrin !!

your already starting to look like the old chick off there's something about mary !!!!

mr roliek;363536 said:
clinton stuart? isint he a jockey? pitty jingles has to put up with yet another doutta bloke who jumped ship. i hope the opposition bowlers slow down to him tho coz he wears kids cricket gear and theres not much padding on those babies. his sponsor is pumpkin patch at highpoint. jingles is a legend bloke and i wish all the best this season.

hahahaha

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back