VTCA Cricket - General Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: VTCA Cricket - General Chat

go surfing;332411 said:
Senior Div
YCCC will be too good for RPB.
Airport West to beat Keilor. Keilor rely too much on Porter.

Senior A
St Bernards to beat Brighton
Hoppers over cy's.

Sen Div
YCCC v RBP tough contest, tight game. Especially if RPB bring back half the north team they were playing at the start of the season. YCCC in a close one, tempers to fly btw Contessa's & Bronca's men.

AWSTC v Keilor another tight game. Brown & Porter key's to both teams, but it will be the depth in each team that will guide to victory. Keilor to have the edge on there track & ground which is tricky to gauge. Airport West on the back foot after a shocking season & team full of chiefs.

Sen A
St Bernard's to cap off a brilliant year by winning through to the GF, from coming out of nowhere. Questions surround there batting depth.

CY's have a tough one against Hoppers. Good depth with batting and bowling stocks...Cy's to have the edge due to being in top form.

White Line Fever;332420 said:
Sen Div
YCCC v RBP tough contest, tight game. Especially if RPB bring back half the north team they were playing at the start of the season. YCCC in a close one, tempers to fly btw Contessa's & Bronca's men.

AWSTC v Keilor another tight game. Brown & Porter key's to both teams, but it will be the depth in each team that will guide to victory. Keilor to have the edge on there track & ground which is tricky to gauge. Airport West on the back foot after a shocking season & team full of chiefs.

Sen A
St Bernard's to cap off a brilliant year by winning through to the GF, from coming out of nowhere. Questions surround there batting depth.

CY's have a tough one against Hoppers. Good depth with batting and bowling stocks...Cy's to have the edge due to being in top form.

Law is apparently injured and unable to bowl...

Vicious and Well Directed;332472 said:
Ok, to put it in perspective, a bloke told me on about the 15th jar. I should have put that caveat on it.

Fair enough !! you cant always believe what you hear in the pub though .
i suppose that Hoppers will find out either way on the weekend

go surfing;332411 said:
Senior Div
YCCC will be too good for RPB.
Airport West to beat Keilor. Keilor rely too much on Porter.

Senior A
St Bernards to beat Brighton
Hoppers over cy's.

and what airport west don't
1 man beat keilor last week
8 fa and a chanceless ton.
look at the scorecard. 8 players got less than 10 for airport west
keilor had contributions from just about everyone...
taylor and brown got them over the line..

and remember keilor have a massive ground, longer grass and a different wicket, which they are acclimatised too..
will be a good game.
i for one am going to get down and watch..

cherried_lid;332518 said:

and remember keilor have a massive ground, longer grass and a different wicket, which they are acclimatised too..
will be a good game.

dont tell me you are trying to say apw are a 2man batting line up, apw batting depth probaly goes deeper than any other side in the VTCA.

will be a good game.

APW are by no means a one man band ,maybe whoever it was at Keilor that said he was old and past it should have kept there thoughts to themselves , talk about egg on your face , there is no better way of firing up a champion player than taking snipes at him especially when he hears about it !!
you talk about APW relying on brown and taylor ,if porter and hutchison dont fire then its all over for Keilor .

Heard through the grapevine that a pommy import may be going over to yarraville club next season he trained with them this week , he has played over in the DDCA for the past 3 years and has been one of the leading players in that comp .

Max;332474 said:
Fair enough !! you cant always believe what you hear in the pub though .
i suppose that Hoppers will find out either way on the weekend

Law Who?? Soft Pom that could once play!! Didnt realise the achillies started in the chest!!
He and Moughanie and the rest of the seagulls are pretenders and that will be shown this weekend if the rain stays away!!

Go Hoppers!!

Calypso King;333016 said:
Law Who?? Soft Pom that could once play!! Didnt realise the achillies started in the chest!!
He and Moughanie and the rest of the seagulls are pretenders and that will be shown this weekend if the rain stays away!!

Go Hoppers!!

Hoppers must have thought last week was the Semi when they choked against Sunshine!

What has happened to Stevie Brne at Willy CY? Was he given the boot and has he gone off sulking because he can't bowl 30 overs a day??

will be a good game.

Think you will find KCC ground won't hold too many fears for Brown - probably knows it better than AWCC ground.........

NorthClubsDontPayPlayers;333033 said:
Hoppers must have thought last week was the Semi when they choked against Sunshine!

What has happened to Stevie Brne at Willy CY? Was he given the boot and has he gone off sulking because he can't bowl 30 overs a day??

hoppers might have lost intentionally to play willi in semi final ! Hoppers arent chokers Mr Northern Suburbs!

That Le teet bloke will regret the decision to leave Hoppers as he will be playing Snr A1 next year . Fancy not being able to take a wicket on Day 2 of their game until Hoppers passed the score. . . . Might be Willi CY's that choke. . . .
Its confirmed that Danny Law wont bowl. . . . i have a very good source. . . .

Javid Miandmum;333034 said:
Think you will find KCC ground won't hold too many fears for Brown - probably knows it better than AWCC ground.........

AWCC for the whole year have played an individual brand of cricket, which has seen them scrape through to the finals. There is a huge internal crack that divides the team, which has been evident for the whole year. Unnamed players don't agree with Darrel in the field, batting or bowling line-ups. Poor attitudes & no team plan results in blokes swinging out of there arse from the first ball and bowling short shit all day long.

McKinnon & South Caulfield are much more deserving of a finals berth for this overrated team abusing the VTCA rules.

Calypso King;333036 said:
hoppers might have lost intentionally to play willi in semi final ! Hoppers arent chokers Mr Northern Suburbs!

That Le teet bloke will regret the decision to leave Hoppers as he will be playing Snr A1 next year . Fancy not being able to take a wicket on Day 2 of their game until Hoppers passed the score. . . . Might be Willi CY's that choke. . . .

interesting ,i wonder how the weather might affect things ?? seeing as there is no reserve day and i would imagine that none of the teams have started to cover there wickets yet, with the rain that we have had will the vtca make clubs put covers down or not ? if they do then the wickets will have no chance of drying out in time as i would imagine that they are all fairly wet at this stage and with the forecast being for more rain then what chance is there to produce a deck ??
i would be interested to hear peoples views on this one ?

Max;333041 said:
interesting ,i wonder how the weather might affect things ?? seeing as there is no reserve day and i would imagine that none of the teams have started to cover there wickets yet, with the rain that we have had will the vtca make clubs put covers down or not ? if they do then the wickets will have no chance of drying out in time as i would imagine that they are all fairly wet at this stage and with the forecast being for more rain then what chance is there to produce a deck ??
i would be interested to hear peoples views on this one ?

Thats the problem with the higher team getting home ground advantage 4 a semi final. If its raining why would you put down covers before Friday night.

The rules do say that you can put down covers at any time during the week. i just drove past Spotty before covers are not down. If we do get a start might be a good idea who ever wins the toss to bowl

7/564;333061 said:
Thats the problem with the higher team getting home ground advantage 4 a semi final. If its raining why would you put down covers before Friday night.

The rules do say that you can put down covers at any time during the week. i just drove past Spotty before covers are not down. If we do get a start might be a good idea who ever wins the toss to bowl

your spot on , it would be a shame for a game to be effectively decided by the toss of a coin teams bowling first would have a massive advantage that is if they get on at all !!

Calypso King;333036 said:

hey champ, ask the st bernards top order if Danny Law will bowl this week or not. Your source is struggling.

crazycricket;332767 said:
dont tell me you are trying to say apw are a 2man batting line up, apw batting depth probaly goes deeper than any other side in the VTCA.

never said that
i said they were beaten by one man in this game
the results don't lie.
taylor the only other who fired with the bat..
yes when jones comes in a 10 thats a helluva line-up
didn't make a lick of difference though, was left up to Browny and Johnny to get the runs..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back