VTCA Cricket - General Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: VTCA Cricket - General Chat

southern sledge;326250 said:
Very amusing Ifya, harmless fun but is it true !

Must be something in it as it comes from the bogans on the Cooper St. balcony, sprouting something about "people who live in glass houses".
However a conflicting report has it as simply a rumour started by Captain Lard Arse to deflect attention away from the fact that he is the first captain in the Clubs proud history to lead them into relegation.

Ifya Adballs;326225 said:
Sledge may not be to far off the mark, Doutta Galahs may not be able to influence the finals make up on the field, however rumours doing the rounds are that they have asked the VTCA to lodge an investigation into what they believe is a conspiracy by RPB to have them relegated by tanking against fellow relegation contenders in the last 2 rounds to insure the Galahs are relegated. They say they have the evidence but don't want to be seen as dobbers by formally presenting it.:D

why would RPB throw games and which could cost them playing finals, thats just stupid. the muppets down at douttas are just trying to find an excuse for their lack of performance. and for those riding off apw, if they win this week and RPB win, apw will be in finals, and if they make it to finals, back them to win it

out of Curiosity....how does sth/nth, senior and senior A compare with district cicket standards.....Any1 whos had district cricket experience would b handy?

Don't go 'riding' or even writing off anyone just yet. I think it would be pretty easy to just name each clubs top players as shaping finals, doesn't take brains to do that....i think you can normally chalk those players down for a score or wickets. Its the lesser players that have to stand up at finals times....probably those who have been carried all year.
I guess the less passangers the greater chance of winning the flag.
Can't look past Yccc but my tip is Airport to sneak in and make it to Final!!!

underarm bowler;326354 said:
Don't go 'riding' or even writing off anyone just yet. I think it would be pretty easy to just name each clubs top players as shaping finals, doesn't take brains to do that....i think you can normally chalk those players down for a score or wickets. Its the lesser players that have to stand up at finals times....probably those who have been carried all year.
I guess the less passangers the greater chance of winning the flag.
Can't look past Yccc but my tip is Airport to sneak in and make it to Final!!!

Your tip is YCCC and Airport West will make the Grand Final......

If and a big IF Airport West sneak in they will play each other in the semi......

sh sh shot;326353 said:
out of Curiosity....how does sth/nth, senior and senior A compare with district cicket standards.....Any1 whos had district cricket experience would b handy?

someone once told me that senior division is like premier/district 2's. not sure as to how true that is, but that's what they said.

Whilst having no impact on the finals race the Maccabi vs Chelt Grand Final rematch should be rather entertaining this weekend. Pretty well known that both teams don't see eye to eye!

go surfing;326467 said:
Your tip is YCCC and Airport West will make the Grand Final......

If and a big IF Airport West sneak in they will play each other in the semi......

No i meant YCCC were the obvious favourites, Airport West were my outside bet....which would mean beating Yccc in the semi.

Airport West team of good individual players, but will be known more for being overpaid and putting together mediocre results.

White Line Fever;326060 said:
Looks like the ole' Doutta's are heading down to Senior A. What will this mean for BubbleButt and infamous one hit wonder team!

No doubt Doutta get their whack on here, and rightfully so with some of the lunatics posting here last year, but Rutley would be very disapointed with the performances of his recruits from last year, McKinley and Gray. Especially after Cooper and Green left and theguy from Adelaide broke down every game.

The question in senior A this week is will St Bernards and Cy's show their full range of talents to each other considering they will most likely finish 1 and 2 regardless.

you would have thought that both teams would be playing to win and wouldnt be hiding anything , whoever wins would be able to take a lot out of the game especially if they were to meet again in the GF !!

NorthClubsDontPayPlayers;326100 said:
The games that will decide the make up:

Hampton v Yarraville. Yarraville easy.
Sth Caulfield v Youlden Parkville. Sth Caulfield easy, bonus points the key.
Airport West v Keilor. Keilor to win and ensure one of the best individual sides misses the finals in Airport West.
Royal Park v McKinnon. Have Royal Park had their best players in the same team at least once this year? Either Maurice, Hillas or someone else has been out at one time or the other. Im tipping McKinnons ginat killing run to come to an end. Get Hall and White and the rest fold.

Which leaves

Yarraville
Keilor
Sth Caulfield
RPB/McKinnon (will be decided on bonus points)

Not sure what you mean by dark horse. Only the top 6 can make it, and if anything, RPB and APW have been in the four or expected to be, for the bulk of the season.

For Yarraville, they bat around O'Keefe, and Baker is due.
For Keilor, Porter is the obvious one. He is close top 1000+ runs, has taken wickets and is a good fielder. Get him and Keilor could be all out for under 100. If he gets in, they make 250.
Sth Caulfield the RUssells are big game players and Mullaney has been good, but I'd be looking at Jeffree as a real key for their bowling.
RPB - Contessa, Maurice, C Hillas. the 3 all rounders are their stars.
McKinnon - White and Chris Hall.

GF - Yarraville v Keilor in a rematch of their semi last year. Yarraville desperate to atone, too many stars and a couple of good Footscray additions (Cristofaro, Cullen, Oosterhof).

Very good summary North's. By dark horse I meant can RPB, McKinnon or South Caulfield get up.

Yarraville. Runs from Old Man Tock , Bakes, Bowling from bouncy Bronca plus extra look the form team.

South Caulfield. A. Russell plus Mullaney all they got, no bowling firepower.

McKinnon. Not much talent apart from White & Hall, with bat and ball.

RPB. Some good players whom refuse to play after xmas.

Keilor. One word Porter. The rest of the team have performed much like RPB.

Airport West. Individuals + $ = Bad team environment.

White Line Fever;326596 said:
Very good summary North's. By dark horse I meant can RPB, McKinnon or South Caulfield get up.

Yarraville. Runs from Old Man Tock , Bakes, Bowling from bouncy Bronca plus extra look the form team.

South Caulfield. A. Russell plus Mullaney all they got, no bowling firepower.

McKinnon. Not much talent apart from White & Hall, with bat and ball.

RPB. Some good players whom refuse to play after xmas.

Keilor. One word Porter. The rest of the team have performed much like RPB.

Airport West. Individuals + $ = Bad team environment.

Great summary.
APW would have to be the biggest disappointment although with Taylor firing, could sneak in and YCCC would be nervous facing them in a semi.
RPB AKA Richmond FC ,always threaten but have never delivered.
YCCC to claim 3rd flag in 4 years for me , with their added depth and strong batting.

NorthClubsDontPayPlayers;326503 said:
No doubt Doutta get their whack on here, and rightfully so with some of the lunatics posting here last year, but Rutley would be very disapointed with the performances of his recruits from last year, McKinley and Gray. Especially after Cooper and Green left and theguy from Adelaide broke down every game.

True although i think Gray overachieved last year and back to reality this year.The depth they had last year just isnt there and its cost them big time.
Knowing guys from that club, and they're decent guys, they will hit back hard and they will win another Senior Div flag (even if relegated) before at least 6 other sides that stay in the top division.

HOT OFF THE PRESS... It seems the VTCA are endeavouring to do something about the farce that is the '2 paid professionals' rule.

Clubs have been sent a request to fill out affidavits to swear they are only paying 2 players. They must be returned by March 4. In a stroke of masterful timing they are also sending a list of players to each club, asking that those players also complete an affadavit to swear they are not being paid. Failure by these players to comply may make them ineligible for finals action.

By all accounts it raised a few heckles at the match committee meeting, with a few north clubs visibly squirming in their seats. Would love to see how the Airport West's, Yaraville's and Keilors of this world respond! :)

DizzyGillepsie;326472 said:
someone once told me that senior division is like premier/district 2's. not sure as to how true that is, but that's what they said.

i would think it would be between ones and twos, because their are a lot of players that could play premier ones if they wanted to

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back