VTCA Cricket - General Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: VTCA Cricket - General Chat

Southern Son;326754 said:
HOT OFF THE PRESS... It seems the VTCA are endeavouring to do something about the farce that is the '2 paid professionals' rule.

Clubs have been sent a request to fill out affidavits to swear they are only paying 2 players. They must be returned by March 4. In a stroke of masterful timing they are also sending a list of players to each club, asking that those players also complete an affadavit to swear they are not being paid. Failure by these players to comply may make them ineligible for finals action.

By all accounts it raised a few heckles at the match committee meeting, with a few north clubs visibly squirming in their seats. Would love to see how the Airport West's, Yaraville's and Keilors of this world respond! :)

The reason why VTCA is a good competition is because it attracts big name ex-internationals, State & District players.

Along with some good home grown players whom benefit from the coaching & training from these professionals.

The truth is they have to get compensated for their time, but Instead of abusing the rules aka Yarraville, Airport West, Keilor, Hoppers, St Albans,

Maccabi etc etc, a points systems should come into effect as discussed in earlier posts. To do this effectively the VTCA have to consult & work with clubs,

instead of having age old philosophies that translate back to the 15th century.

White Line Fever;326917 said:
The reason why VTCA is a good competition is because it attracts big name ex-internationals, State & District players.

Along with some good home grown players whom benefit from the coaching & training from these professionals.

The truth is they have to get compensated for their time, but Instead of abusing the rules aka Yarraville, Airport West, Keilor, Hoppers, St Albans,

Maccabi etc etc, a points systems should come into effect as discussed in earlier posts. To do this effectively the VTCA have to consult & work with clubs,

instead of having age old philosophies that translate back to the 15th century.
Being a newcomer, from what i've read in previous posts, you talk too much sense to be on here.
I agree with a points system because how can the VTCA track Joe Blogs paying players cash in hand ?
Although i doubt Keilor are flogging the rule this year, or St Albans.

fencesitter;326993 said:
Being a newcomer, from what i've read in previous posts, you talk too much sense to be on here.
I agree with a points system because how can the VTCA track Joe Blogs paying players cash in hand ?
Although i doubt Keilor are flogging the rule this year, or St Albans.

No harm in talking sense, about time you got off the fence though!

Sick of reading about "Troy Lamb" or Maccabi Ajax every post.

As for your comment on Keilor & St Albans, they are not the only clubs abusing the 2 player rule.

On good authority I would suggest south teams do it just as much. They just run hard luck stories

when they can't win a final. Could be proven wrong this year...but I doubt it.

I would like to see a North vs South VTCA 20/20.

Thoughts gentlemen? who would be in the teams? whom would be captains?

HOT OFF THE PRESS... It seems the VTCA are endeavouring to do something about the farce that is the '2 paid professionals' rule.

Clubs have been sent a request to fill out affidavits to swear they are only paying 2 players. They must be returned by March 4. In a stroke of masterful timing they are also sending a list of players to each club, asking that those players also complete an affadavit to swear they are not being paid. Failure by these players to comply may make them ineligible for finals action.

By all accounts it raised a few heckles at the match committee meeting, with a few north clubs visibly squirming in their seats. Would love to see how the Airport West's, Yaraville's and Keilors of this world respond! :)

I dont think we are squirming as we have summitted our 2 paid players
as the rules stipulate ,i hope i receive a form i will be telling them that i
get free Big Chief vouchers HaHa

[

As for your comment on Keilor & St Albans, they are not the only clubs abusing the 2 player rule.

No, i doubt these 2 sides are paying more than 2 players.
20/20 ? Would be interesting ,depends on player availabilty.Only the "cricket heads" would play i'd say as most who come back from district just want to play saturdays, assuming it was played on a sunday.

Forget the North South T20 - what about the MArch 1st game of VTCA Aus v VTCA World - any news on the teams for that ?

Will selectors look beyond senior div - particularly for the world side... Couple of Sri Lankan bowlers in North A going well... Could mount a good case for Osborne to be the spinner for Aussie team too.

Both sides will probably end up with 7 or 8 allrounders which is the hardest part of picking teams for something like this, so nobody should have to bowl too much before finals.....

fencesitter;327066 said:
[

No, i doubt these 2 sides are paying more than 2 players.
20/20 ? Would be interesting ,depends on player availabilty.Only the "cricket heads" would play i'd say as most who come back from district just want to play saturdays, assuming it was played on a sunday.

St Albans were the team mentioned at delegates meeting.... If they get done they would be stiff. A high percentage of their team are local juniors and only Brne (Sacked) and Dunn would be getting money I would think - perhaps they gave someone some coin to help out and run training when they sacked the coach - hardly a big offence when you look at some of the other line ups in the league....

OnTheLookout;327294 said:
Forget the North South T20 - what about the MArch 1st game of VTCA Aus v VTCA World - any news on the teams for that ?

Will selectors look beyond senior div - particularly for the world side... Couple of Sri Lankan bowlers in North A going well... Could mount a good case for Osborne to be the spinner for Aussie team too.

Both sides will probably end up with 7 or 8 allrounders which is the hardest part of picking teams for something like this, so nobody should have to bowl too much before finals.....

WORLD TEAM

Daryl Brown (Capt) AWSC (West Indies)
Steve Cheetham Cheltenham (England)
Indika Dharmawardana Sunshine United (Sri Lanka)
Lee Elmore Altona North (England)
Indika Gallage Sunshine Druids (Sri Lanka)
Chris Hall McKinnon (England)
Asif Jan AWSC (West Indies)
Adnan Kahwaja Port Melbourne (Sri Lanka)
Danny Law Williamstown CYMS (England)
Tim Linley Old Essendon (England)
Steve Mullaney South Caulfield (England)
Antonio Mullins St Bernards (South Africa)
Waddington Mwayenga Youlden Parkville (Zimbabwe)
William Roach Murenbeena (England)
Yasas Tillakaratne Brighton Districts (Sri Lanka)
Ben Walker Westmeadows (England)
Wayne White McKinnon (England)
Steve McKay (wk) Footscray Utd (Australia)

AUSTRALIA

Jodi Hutchinson (Capt) Keilor
Damien Abbey Altona North
Matty Albers Aberfieldie Park
Justin Baker Yarraville Club
Jason Chapple Chelsea
Dan Davies Spotswood
Matt Daykin Port Melbourne
Peter Magafas AWSC
James McKay Keilor
Michael Menzies Williamstown CYMS
Tarek Moughanie Williamstown CYMS
Daniel Onas Maccabi Ajax
Andrew Pizano Greenvale
Adam Ray Middle Park
Ashley Robertson Spotswood
Rob Rutley Doutta Stars
Ben Tupper Strathmore
David Zahorodni Tullamarine

White Line Fever;327360 said:
WORLD TEAM

AUSTRALIA

Jason Chapple Chelsea
Dan Davies Spotswood
Peter Magafas AWSC
James McKay Keilor
Daniel Onas Maccabi Ajax
Andrew Pizano Greenvale
Adam Ray Middle Park
Rob Rutley Doutta Stars
Ben Tupper Strathmore

Is that official or opinion ?? Some interesting selections - Walker form WEstmeadows ahead of Sathpath from Avondale very odd... unless playing as a bat I suppose (plenty of bats already). No imported wicketkeeper anywhere I take it, lol.

After some of the over-the-top debate on North A page about Zahrodni of late, interesting to see him in and not some of the others he has been compared too - for what its worth Im happy to see him picked - quality player !

It's hot of the press fence! Sent through the VTCA senior ranks, through to the clubs...news travels fast! Will be a good match everybody should get down for a great cause!

It's the official teams picked by Darryl & the VTCA.

Interesting to note Doutta must be pulling out all stops to avoid relegation as they must have flown Ryan Green back as he's named in their side for tomorrow!

Snagglepuss;327385 said:
Interesting to note Doutta must be pulling out all stops to avoid relegation as they must have flown Ryan Green back as he's named in their side for tomorrow!

Just in time for him to sign an Affidavit

Snagglepuss;327385 said:

All is forgiven in the name of relegation??

if it hasn't escaped your notice, keilor have played 9 players from their 2nds grand final winning side in the ones and currently around 7 hold a spot in that side..
interesting no-one mentioned royal park brunswick????
the results to this affidavit will be interesting though.

cherried_lid;327500 said:
if it hasn't escaped your notice, keilor have played 9 players from their 2nds grand final winning side in the ones and currently around 7 hold a spot in that side..
interesting no-one mentioned royal park brunswick????
the results to this affidavit will be interesting though.

That means you are only paying 4 players?Big game today
must win the toss,who knows what Doutta will throw up
next week

altonanorthlegend;327738 said:
That means you are only paying 4 players?Big game today
must win the toss,who knows what Doutta will throw up
next week

And win the toss you did ANL. You would think Doutta are almost gone now but ANCC have given themselves every chance to stay up with that score.

No Ash Robertson bowling gives OEGCC hope they will chase doen the runs though.

White Line Fever;327360 said:
WORLD TEAM

AUSTRALIA

Jason Chapple Chelsea
Dan Davies Spotswood
Peter Magafas AWSC
James McKay Keilor
Daniel Onas Maccabi Ajax
Andrew Pizano Greenvale
Adam Ray Middle Park
Rob Rutley Doutta Stars
Ben Tupper Strathmore

should be a cracker of a game and will be interesting to see how some of the big fish in the lower divisions go with the big boys ,a few would really rate themselves quite highly, so it will be good to see a good contest and also it will be great if there is a good turnout as its for such a good cause !!

A couple of interesting results, namely McKinnon have blown it, proving they are really a 2 man team and if you get White & Hall, its goodnight.

Airport West look like they should knock off the 226 against Keilor - look set for bonus points to come into the equation here. So many options, McKinnon, AW and RPB could all finish around 90 points. Sth Caulfield are not home yet - lose to Youlden and they could also be out.

Javid Miandmum;328344 said:
And win the toss you did ANL. You would think Doutta are almost gone now but ANCC have given themselves every chance to stay up with that score.

No Ash Robertson bowling gives OEGCC hope they will chase doen the runs though.

AN should surely have enough, no matter how good the Cooper St deck is next Saturday. I assume the rolling would have started as soon as the sprinklers went off on Saturday night!?! AN just need one or both of their neighbours to bowl and bat well now. YC must get 240?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back