VTCA Cricket - General Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: VTCA Cricket - General Chat

Javid Miandmum;328344 said:
And win the toss you did ANL. You would think Doutta are almost gone now but ANCC have given themselves every chance to stay up with that score.

No Ash Robertson bowling gives OEGCC hope they will chase doen the runs though.

On the contrary, i think OEG will shit their pants when they have to feel the full force of Jack "The Ripper" Noble

DizzyGillepsie;328775 said:
On the contrary, i think OEG will shit their pants when they have to feel the full force of Jack "The Ripper" Noble

Hahaha and the sight of 1 Dizz steaming in after his big bux nite last sat!!!!

Hey Dizz, you forgot to mention our secret weapon in lieu of Ash. "The HOT Chocolate Rapist" The fiend himself. TIP for OEG. Don't drink the tea with milk. You might wake up with a very sore arse and quite a headache.
BTW don't mention his rolled up sleeves..:D

So my old comrades are relying on you to keep them up.(s**t).

Obviously you cant get paid in $$$$$ as you already have 2 paid players.How about me shipping down a nice woollen sweater for a 5 for?

tcnthat;328700 said:
AN should surely have enough, no matter how good the Cooper St deck is next Saturday. I assume the rolling would have started as soon as the sprinklers went off on Saturday night!?! AN just need one or both of their neighbours to bowl and bat well now. YC must get 240?

320 always tough to chase and rarely gets done, in vtca anyway. Not so sure on YC, why would Hampton even bother preparing the wicket until friday or saturday morning ?
RPB to go for quick runs
Sth Caulfield vulnerable at 1fa
APW SHOULD get over the line ,then again they SHOULD be in the 4
Spotty comfortably

What's new at Hampton... Never a well prepared track so why be suprised if Saturday's is a disgrace!

Not Out;329343 said:
What's new at Hampton... Never a well prepared track so why be suprised if Saturday's is a disgrace!

Our captain (GRUB BAKER) won the toss and sent them in,Didnt
help that our last couple of overs went for 40 odd with 22 coming
off the last over.:confused:

White Line Fever;327360 said:
WORLD TEAM

Daryl Brown (Capt) AWSC (West Indies)
Steve Cheetham Cheltenham (England)
Indika Dharmawardana Sunshine United (Sri Lanka)
Lee Elmore Altona North (England)
Indika Gallage Sunshine Druids (Sri Lanka)
Chris Hall McKinnon (England)
Asif Jan AWSC (West Indies)
Adnan Kahwaja Port Melbourne (Sri Lanka)
Danny Law Williamstown CYMS (England)
Tim Linley Old Essendon (England)
Steve Mullaney South Caulfield (England)
Antonio Mullins St Bernards (South Africa)
Waddington Mwayenga Youlden Parkville (Zimbabwe)
William Roach Murenbeena (England)
Yasas Tillakaratne Brighton Districts (Sri Lanka)
Ben Walker Westmeadows (England)
Wayne White McKinnon (England)
Steve McKay (wk) Footscray Utd (Australia)

AUSTRALIA

Jodi Hutchinson (Capt) Keilor
Damien Abbey Altona North
Matty Albers Aberfieldie Park
Justin Baker Yarraville Club
Jason Chapple Chelsea
Dan Davies Spotswood
Matt Daykin Port Melbourne
Peter Magafas AWSC
James McKay Keilor
Michael Menzies Williamstown CYMS
Tarek Moughanie Williamstown CYMS
Daniel Onas Maccabi Ajax
Andrew Pizano Greenvale
Adam Ray Middle Park
Ashley Robertson Spotswood
Rob Rutley Doutta Stars
Ben Tupper Strathmore
David Zahorodni Tullamarine

Sorry if this has already been addresed, but how were these sides picked and by whom?

Not Out;329343 said:

You're a peanut... So you've been down on a regular basis to inspect the wicket there?

What a pathetic early excuse for an upset Hampton win

The thing is that the wicket is in the same class as Brighton East's deck, NO GRASS.
In this climate it is pretty tough to get good decks.

southern sledge;329848 said:
The thing is that the wicket is in the same class as Brighton East's deck, NO GRASS.
In this climate it is pretty tough to get good decks.

When are the southern teams going to threaten the finals series? Because there is always a load of talk and not much action similar to RPB!

leroy1304;330109 said:
im just a stats man and his stats are pretty good just wondering why he wasnt picked thats all.

Because there are limits and playing South B1 against Senior Division bowlers could have serious implications!

And there may not be enough room in the Dawg's World XI team.

Start writing about someone else Leroy because its starting to sound like "Lamb Fever" all over again!

White Line Fever;330103 said:
When are the southern teams going to threaten the finals series? Because there is always a load of talk and not much action similar to RPB!

Oh, I don't know... Perhaps when they decide to sell their souls and start buying teams.

BTW - It appears the Yarraville boys are struggling to put pen to affadavit paper. Have it on very good authority their Prez pulled them aside to sternly tell all concerned not to sign anything. Apparently the club 'will look after it' and anyone who decides to not tow the party line with be cut loose.

Should shape up as an interesting finals series. The VTCA advised Pres/Sec's at the recent meeting they are very serious about rubbing out anyone in finals games who refuses to sign a requested affadavit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back