VTCA Cricket - General Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: VTCA Cricket - General Chat

NorthClubsDontPayPlayers;337140 said:
Any update on the cricket?

Senior no play, surely Yarraville are in the box seat now, with that batting lineup. Daisy might put them in and try to knock them over quickly on seam friendly conditions.

Senior A Willy likewise can do what they please, 2 for 100 and the opportunity to bat St Bernards out of it.

South A - who are the Port wickets. If it is Daykin, Khawaja and Piercy then it is all over, Port's other non paid batsmen are going to be tested against Chelsea's strong bowling lineup.
How strange that St Bernards had their GF last year cut short by the heat policy then this year have it shortened by rain.

Coming from Darwin, he has no knowledge of local conditions. Called in there on Sunday and i would say they are in a fair bit of trouble with those three out. Khawaja played a fig shot when he should have just grinded it out, Daykin got a beauty first ball and was plumb and Piercy was boled middle stump the ball before.This could be the closest of the first X1 finals and will be worth the trip, good prices on the VB's as well $3 a stubby.

southern sledge;333978 said:
News out of Mckinnon is that the very popular Chris Hall is heading to Frankston next season as coach and skipper of the seconds. They will find it very hard to replace him as he along with White carried them for the season.

Did the ring around after semi-final weekend some interesting discussion
were heard over the bars.Out of the south side one player from(S>C)
was giving out his phone number too a couple of presidents from the north
saying get me out of here.A couple of Footscray boys heading too St Albans,
A moose heading home too S-United and Keilor and Hoppers boys Chocked
on the froth of there Beers.Remember keep your pot to your mouth and
your ear to the ground.:D

What will Chelsea do if they win the flag? having dropped down 2 grades cos nobody wanted to travel over the bridge.watch out for a few blokes shouldering arms if it gets tight!

underarm bowler;337406 said:
What will Chelsea do if they win the flag? having dropped down 2 grades cos nobody wanted to travel over the bridge.watch out for a few blokes shouldering arms if it gets tight!

They will just win and threaten to leave the comp if they dont stay, just like last year. Port are still a chance depending on the showers Saturday, I certainly wouldn't be writing them off. I'm tipping their 3rd 4th and 5th string bowlers wont get much of a go though, it will be Daykin and Lawrence bowling unchanged.

A special thanks to the vtca from my good self. Due to the game being at port and with the weather causing a washout over the weekend I was able to spend the whole weekend belting down dimmies at the south market. Must have had 80 each day so that made up for the overs lost hey. Problem was I had to use my whites to carry them but oh well easy come easy go.

bad news for hoppers chances next season with doutta coming down , rumour has it they are looking to buy their way back to senior division next year with some new blood !!

Max;337916 said:
bad news for hoppers chances next season with doutta coming down , rumour has it they are looking to buy their way back to senior division next year with some new blood !!

Any rumours who these players may be?

The VTCA Executive have just sent an email confirming that a Points System will be in place for the 2009/10 season. There will be a series of meetings over the next 3 weeks for clubs to attend for the system to be introduced and explained !!

Seems like a good idea to me - at least the rules should be policeable.... watch this space, im sure someone will report back from the meetings soon enough !

Not Just Empty Words;338697 said:
The VTCA Executive have just sent an email confirming that a Points System will be in place for the 2009/10 season. There will be a series of meetings over the next 3 weeks for clubs to attend for the system to be introduced and explained !!

sounds like the best thing that could happen , all other means of trying to stop {clubs /players} from stretching/breaking the rules have so far drawn blanks ,its great to see the exec making positive strides to change the comp for the better. This will hopefully get rid of all the negative comments and rumours that are rife every season, at least now everything will be transparent and above board and we can all get on with doing the one thing we love and thats to play good cricket !!

Thoughts for tomorrow? Yarraville to win the toss and bat for two days.

Willy to pile on the runs v St Bernards.

Keilor to get Avondale's score 5 or 6 down.

Edrich v Perera a cracker.

Port to crumble & be exposed as a three man team, or do the other players have the talent to step up when it matters.

Perera to get the 1,000 v Bonbeach & Heatherton to bat for two days.

Originally Posted by The Publican
A couple of Footscray boys heading too St Albans,

Im guessing you mean Footscray premier and not Footscray Utd.

heard one of them is andrew mcammond

fredbassett;339225 said:
Originally Posted by The Publican
A couple of Footscray boys heading too St Albans,

Im guessing you mean Footscray premier and not Footscray Utd.

heard one of them is andrew mcammond

Fair pick up if that is the case! Very good LAF bowler.

And with the new points system coming in they might have to axe a couple of players and St Albans were one of the clubs that carried on at a meeting about the affidavits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back