VTCA Cricket - General Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: VTCA Cricket - General Chat

Goneforaduck;339329 said:
APW to get the choccies tomorrow over Yarraville!:)

Someone mention food. I once again did my job for the team in
taken the shine of the ball for Tocka to belt around port.
Those Dimmies are looking good on the way home with a beer or two.:D;)

7/564;339768 said:
Who won senior G/F last i heard Airport West needed 250 in 50 overs

Airport West were bowled out for 190...

Congratulations to Yarraville Club - Is O'Keefe not the best bat in the comp?

Southern Son;339833 said:
Airport West were bowled out for 190...

Congratulations to Yarraville Club - Is O'Keefe not the best bat in the comp?
It is an absolute honour to take the shine off the ball for the master to get his work done. Personally I have a massive hangover after winning the flag and contributing a catch and thats all. I did however get a little lost after the final wicket was taken. The players all ran in together to celebrate and crack open the drinks but I found myself running toward the sth market to crack a couple of dozen dimmies. Luckly I was stopped by the smell of free food in the rooms. Heaps of food demolished by my good self over night in another best on food performance.

Interesting to see a photo of the winning Avacardo tracksuit mob on the main page of the VTCA website, but going on past efforts they won't be at the presentation night to accept any awards. It is good to see money can buy a flag, bring in the points system VTCA to make it fair.

I would be very suprised if Yarraville are to hold their Presentation night on April 17 again. Congrats though it is a well deserved victory. Undefeated all year, O'Keefe and Smart are both big game players.

St Bernards have done an amazing job to re group after round 11, what a difference Osborne makes.

Any suprises or dramas in any other Grand Finals?

Congrats to all the premiers and well done to all the runners up.

St bernards would have to be the only surprise to come outta Nth granfinals.
Willi CYMS were the better side in that grade but St bernards after being 2nd best in Nth A granny last year had a terrific season in SEN A, and after being smashed by Willi in rnd 11 and only taking 2/170+ on day 1 of the granny what a come back. Expected willi to pile on the runs from 2/170 to 300+ atleast but well done St bernards.

Can anyone enlighten us on tyhe make up of VTCA next year. Heard the exec decided to disband SEN A, is that true. If so what will be the make up of SEN DIvision NTH A Nth B.

How many teams in each of these divisions and hwo u decide which club ends up where.

u would assume st bernards will go up to SEN Div and Doutta back one..but where?

southern sledge;340133 said:
Interesting to see a photo of the winning Avacardo tracksuit mob on the main page of the VTCA website, but going on past efforts they won't be at the presentation night to accept any awards. It is good to see money can buy a flag, bring in the points system VTCA to make it fair.
Ha ha Baker 6 years, okeefe and smart 5 years now. not many points left to allocate to long term clubmen now. Here is a tip get down to the sth market with me to smash some of the finest dim sims cause clearly you dont have much else in your life if u need to keep taking potshots at the premiers. Get on a nth club and maybe u 2 can feel the joy of winning the flag. Rubble 2 for 2 and out!

ROY G BIV;340285 said:
Congrats to all the premiers and well done to all the runners up.

St bernards would have to be the only surprise to come outta Nth granfinals.
Willi CYMS were the better side in that grade but St bernards after being 2nd best in Nth A granny last year had a terrific season in SEN A, and after being smashed by Willi in rnd 11 and only taking 2/170+ on day 1 of the granny what a come back. Expected willi to pile on the runs from 2/170 to 300+ atleast but well done St bernards.

You wanted a squillion on Law picking up the last couple of wickets, but well done to the Saints boys, stuck at it and picked them off. Cracking game to watch from the bottom of a stubbie.

Morning everyone

Congratulations to all the winners.

The only reason I come onto this forum is to read unsubstantiated rumours so I thought I'd throw in a couple of my own.

Interesting to see Bentleigh have already signed an ex-Ryder medalist (see their website) and rumor is that they are talking to Peter Roach.

Have also heard that Troy Lamb (I know, I'm sorry) is to begin selling himself on ebay again...so if you need an arrogant, under-performing jerk at your club and have a spare $20k...give him a call!

southern sledge;340133 said:

Presentation night we will need the Armour Guard truck out the front
when we collect the flag,batting average,club championship and what ever
food is left after Dan and Rubble make there presence felt.:D:p:)

tcnthat;340632 said:
You wanted a squillion on Law picking up the last couple of wickets, but well done to the Saints boys, stuck at it and picked them off. Cracking game to watch from the bottom of a stubbie.
Law is over rated......mainly by himself!

Red Ink No.8;341653 said:
Law is over rated......mainly by himself!

Couldn't meet a more down to earth guy than Danny. If I'd played 10 yrs of county cricket, represented England A on a tour to Sth Africa and all his other achievments I'd think I could "talk myself up". Its like pulling teeth to get information/comment re these times out of him, the last thing he has done this year at our club is talk himself up. In fact the opposite would apply. If you have met him (which I doubt) and had a decent conversation with him, I am sure you would realise that the comments you have made are way off the mark.

jika jika;341712 said:
Couldn't meet a more down to earth guy than Danny. If I'd played 10 yrs of county cricket, represented England A on a tour to Sth Africa and all his other achievments I'd think I could "talk myself up". Its like pulling teeth to get information/comment re these times out of him, the last thing he has done this year at our club is talk himself up. In fact the opposite would apply. If you have met him (which I doubt) and had a decent conversation with him, I am sure you would realise that the comments you have made are way off the mark.

Yeah have to agree there bud...........I only knew him briefly,I went adelaide test with him years ago when he was with Essendon + he was a gun bloke,gun cricketer too................move on you tossers!!!!!!!!!!

jika jika;341712 said:
29 overs out of 40 from one end in the GF suggests to me that he didn't have any faith in Morrison, Leetet or Moughanie. I also noticed he bowled a heap in the semi on what was possibly a sticky due to the amount of rain that week but batted himself way down the order......but he may very well be a nice guy except he didn't have a beer with us during the year....either day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back