VTCA Cricket - General Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: VTCA Cricket - General Chat

Bowls Left arm help yourself, batting questionable and is a shocking bloke off the field goes home staright after the game no beers and watches Oprah = Weird!

underarm bowler;368655 said:
Keep an eye out for the overseas at St Bernards...Duncan Snell should do pretty well at this level.

Double post haven't been on here for a while:

Bowls Left arm help yourself, batting questionable and is a shocking bloke off the field goes home staright after the game no beers and watches Oprah = Weird!
End Quote

Cricket Addict;368776 said:
By the way, I think it's good that they've realigned the 2nds with the 1sts. Anyone got an opinion on this?

only good things mate. lets face it, you'd be looking at one or two long trips for the whole season. having the 1's and 2's playing the same opponent on opposite grounds really does make sense.

last year in the 2's we played some teams twice, and didn't play MHSOB at all, 2 seasons ago I played against the same team twice in a row, in 2 1 scheduled 1 dayers. this way seems much fairer.

Kev Davis;368088 said:
You'd be a pathetic lawyer wouldn't you boss????? not exactly a great argument you make!!!!!!!!!!

Your also picking out ONE game and pumping him up the date!!!!!!!! are you forgetting that i played another 7 games with him last year where he done Sweet F A. i don't really think your rash statement backs up your view that i'm a "FLOG".

here's a few stats to back up my statement:

1 Run against Doutta - RELEGATED

2 runs against McKinnon

2 runs against keilor

1 run against Old Essendon

and i wouldn't really call 30 and 2wkts a decent performance when your defending 240!!!! especially when docksey hits 40 odd batting at 9 and takes 4 Wkts and nick greenwood hits 40 and takes 3 wkts.

scored a smashing total of 106 runs in senior div in 07/08,
136 runs in senior A a year or 2 before

not exactly flattering stats are they??????

as for playing at hampton for 7 seasons, your forgetting 2 of those have been in senior div, the rest below.

maybe you should just hush hush ya nuffy, and before you start calling peopl a "FLOG" again make sure you can put up a better counter argument

Kev you are a Flog, you are the most hated bloke in the VTCA!

For the record, your 74 runs at 9 must have been pretty special too champ, what do they say about people in glass houses.....

DizzyGillepsie;368819 said:
only good things mate. lets face it, you'd be looking at one or two long trips for the whole season. having the 1's and 2's playing the same opponent on opposite grounds really does make sense.

last year in the 2's we played some teams twice, and didn't play MHSOB at all, 2 seasons ago I played against the same team twice in a row, in 2 1 scheduled 1 dayers. this way seems much fairer.

Great move aligning the 1's and 2's! It helps makes it a true "club" competition.

All round class;368830 said:
Kev you are a Flog, you are the most hated bloke in the VTCA!

For the record, your 74 runs at 9 must have been pretty special too champ, what do they say about people in glass houses.....

most hated bloke hey, i'm honoured! is that because i'm not scared to voice my opinion?????

as for my 74 runs at 9, if i could bat i wouldn't be playing vtca let me tell you!

must be a real challenge trying to find a critiscm of me that hasn't already been used.

Top quality fella you are when all you can refer to is an illness which is unpreventable to have a crack at me.

the thing is , i was born with the illness thats my excuse.

Steve Mullaney is returning to Australia for 3 games with his former club McKinnon. I wouldn't think that would go down to well at South Caulfield.

southern sledge;368970 said:
Steve Mullaney is returning to Australia for 3 games with his former club McKinnon. I wouldn't think that would go down to well at South Caulfield.

This is where the overseas rule is going to be tested. McKinnon have a couple of Poms coming over, can they play all 3 in the one side? Surely that is not a great display for our league where you can play multiple overseas players?

Gee.. might be tight for spots at Mckinnon - their 2s will be strong! :)

NorthClubsDontPayPlayers;369047 said:
This is where the overseas rule is going to be tested. McKinnon have a couple of Poms coming over, can they play all 3 in the one side? Surely that is not a great display for our league where you can play multiple overseas players?

There really is no rule as such - you can now play as many OS players as you like - provided your selected team is under the points cap.

This is what the VTCA have created, wanting the strongest comp etc etc

Kev Davis;368839 said:
most hated bloke hey, i'm honoured! is that because i'm not scared to voice my opinion?????

as for my 74 runs at 9, if i could bat i wouldn't be playing vtca let me tell you!

must be a real challenge trying to find a critiscm of me that hasn't already been used.

Top quality fella you are when all you can refer to is an illness which is unpreventable to have a crack at me.

the thing is , i was born with the illness thats my excuse.

your both crap by the stats so move on! let's get on the Jaccas bandwagin - they are going places in 09/10

To go down as well as it did with McKinnon when he went off to Sth Caulfield in the first place?

Qball;369108 said:
your both crap by the stats so move on! let's get on the Jaccas bandwagin - they are going places in 09/10

Hopefully to the bakery for fresh bread and the bottle-o for half decent beer:D

ANCC;369113 said:
is it one dayer this week or is it still called off ?

VT have asked clubs to report on state of grounds by Thurs 6pm, so would expect a decision soon after.

As it stands still a 1-dayer, with clubs to organise alternative venue between themselves if host's ground no good.

NorthClubsDontPayPlayers;369047 said:

What do you expect from south clubs when there's a dearth of quality players willing to play for not much? After the sluts in the north have finished shopping themselves around to the highest bidder, there's very little for the south club (usually with a modest budgets) to get.

Believe me, a quality pom is far cheaper than a local mercenary.

Qball;369108 said:

i rather have poor stats in the highest division than struggling like your mob in the lower grades champ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back