VTCA Cricket - General Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: VTCA Cricket - General Chat

Opening Batsman;369249 said:
tip is all games to be off this week, not enough pitches ready yet, but you never know

If clubs can get there wickets together they should be able to play.

We pay some good coin to get someone to do our wickets, seems a waste to put in hard work and not be able to play on them.

Not saying other clubs don't try to get there wickets up but clubs that do should not have to miss out on a game and some bonus points which can help them later on in the year

We pay some good coin to get someone to do our wickets, seems a waste to put in hard work and not be able to play on them.

Not saying other clubs don't try to get there wickets up but clubs that do should not have to miss out on a game and some bonus points which can help them later on in the year

Will you guys get a wicket up?

2time;369259 said:

Will you guys get a wicket up?

Yes both our wickets are ready to go.

Spent alot of time on them this week. we had a car drive over one of our wickets Monday night.

Nippy has done a great job fixing it last 2 days.

We could play on them today. Had our first practice match on the turf wicket week before AFL grand final

7/564;369258 said:

I know that with our club we are very much restricted by the local council, who told all curators before Rnd 1 of the VTCA not to prepare wickets. I think we all want to get out there & play but sometimes stuff outside the clubs control can play a part. Very frustrating.

Southern Son;369136 said:
What do you expect from south clubs when there's a dearth of quality players willing to play for not much? After the sluts in the north have finished shopping themselves around to the highest bidder, there's very little for the south club (usually with a modest budgets) to get.

Believe me, a quality pom is far cheaper than a local mercenary.

Huge gamble on quality pom's though cause there aren't many!

All round class;368830 said:
Kev you are a Flog, you are the most hated bloke in the VTCA!

For the record, your 74 runs at 9 must have been pretty special too champ, what do they say about people in glass houses.....

Starting in the 2's pearson?

probably should change your screen name aswell!

nothing classy bout your game at all!

NorthClubsDontPayPlayers;369401 said:
For the record he's starting in the Ones, so I suppose you are wrong

read my post again knob!!!! it was a question not a statement so the the 'Fffffffff (i can't say it, it's a forbidden word on here)' can i be wrong?

The hampton boys continued their succession of wins in senior a / south division with their 11th straight win, easily accounting for murrumbeena.

nicko greenwood taking 5 wickets, pete walters hitting 70runs.

pretty poor batting display from the beena panicked early and never recovered.

poor outfield costing both teams 10-20 runs in the field.

any other results?

McKinnon in trouble at 4/47 - Matty P and Reedy (39 & 62) saw us home.

Sensational partnership!

Great team effort

Last ball victory by Y/C chasing down Keilor 186.. Y/C bowling line-up looks shaky, and don't let the stats fool you, Keilor lost those last six wickets looking for runs in the last few overs... Fair effort from the Tock though... Y/C wicket, was like batting on concrete, not one ball bounced above the mid-riff all day, short balls died in the ass and just got above stump height in most cases.

Gonna be an interesting season... Cricket's Back YEAH!!

cherried_lid;369668 said:
Last ball victory by Y/C chasing down Keilor 186.. Y/C bowling line-up looks shaky, and don't let the stats fool you, Keilor lost those last six wickets looking for runs in the last few overs... Fair effort from the Tock though... Y/C wicket, was like batting on concrete, not one ball bounced above the mid-riff all day, short balls died in the ass and just got above stump height in most cases.

Gonna be an interesting season... Cricket's Back YEAH!!

A few close games.... can someone tell us why Bronca didnt play?

JUSTCALLME X;369843 said:
A few close games.... can someone tell us why Bronca didnt play?

You will find that the new points system didnt allow
Buckets to play ,Yccc will rotate blokes or rest what
ever you would like to call it throughtout the year.:D
Bring Back Patcholi no fun playing without him now i
no why he was selected every week(Sunscreen);)

Interesting to see Altona North have not really gained any bowlers.. will be interesing to see if they promote young gun Patrick McArdle who has started well this week bowling 21 straight and bowling their 2nds to victory!!

Cricket Addict;369602 said:
Tie between AN and RPB.

heard 1 ball to go 2 runs to tie batsman swung and missed... keeper tried to throw down the stumps and gave away 2 overthrows / byes..

fredbassett;369975 said:
heard 1 ball to go 2 runs to tie batsman swung and missed... keeper tried to throw down the stumps and gave away 2 overthrows / byes..
Crazy things happen in cricket, that was probably one of them.

A1B2C3D4;369964 said:
Interesting to see Altona North have not really gained any bowlers.. will be interesing to see if they promote young gun Patrick McArdle who has started well this week bowling 21 straight and bowling their 2nds to victory!!
We have plenty of bowlers. Maybe that wasn't the best game to judge the line-up on. The results show that the pitch clearly favoured the batsman. There was almost 400 runs scored and only 9 wickets taken (4 by RPB). As for me, it was a good spell but their batsman were seriously limited.

century scorer;369963 said:
You will find that the new points system didnt allow
Buckets to play ,Yccc will rotate blokes or rest what
ever you would like to call it throughtout the year.:D
Bring Back Patcholi no fun playing without him now i
no why he was selected every week(Sunscreen);)

this isn't the case Y/C had 44 points

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back