VTCA Cricket - General Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: VTCA Cricket - General Chat

0ver&Out;391430 said:
Did anyone hear what happened during the Strathmore V Doutta Stars semi final?

Apparantly, Strathmore took the covers off late on Saturday evening in the hope that rain would wash the next day out & they would progress to the Grand Final.

Alas, a couple of guys from Douttas were awake to what they might be upto & went for a look & put the covers back down.

Rumour has it that a past Doutta curator now involved with Strathmore may know a little more about it as well as an incident early in the year when a Douttas hose was left on & then ended up with Strathmore.

Interesting story for the VTCA to investigate if true.

Dont believe everything you hear, but who knows what did happen. There was plenty of rain over the weekend

0ver&Out;391430 said:
Did anyone hear what happened during the Strathmore V Doutta Stars semi final?

Apparantly, Strathmore took the covers off late on Saturday evening in the hope that rain would wash the next day out & they would progress to the Grand Final.

Alas, a couple of guys from Douttas were awake to what they might be upto & went for a look & put the covers back down.

Rumour has it that a past Doutta curator now involved with Strathmore may know a little more about it as well as an incident early in the year when a Douttas hose was left on & then ended up with Strathmore.

Interesting story for the VTCA to investigate if true.

some players from douttas admitted it on sunday night after getting on the gas. silly.

pups_magic;391685 said:
some players from douttas admitted it on sunday night after getting on the gas. silly.

Anyone who believes that crap your talking must have rocks in their heads.

Douttas had to win the game & soft coc* Mores were 6/52 overnight so it's pretty obvious who took them off. Strathmore only needed a wash out to progress!!!

anyone know why the VTCA has not continued to adopt the side finishing top being offered the rights to host the grand final? For 2nds and 3rds etc
a few odd decisions on the web page... also how did they come up with the ground allocations when the meeting was on tonight??

Blue Division;391835 said:
anyone know why the VTCA has not continued to adopt the side finishing top being offered the rights to host the grand final? For 2nds and 3rds etc
a few odd decisions on the web page... also how did they come up with the ground allocations when the meeting was on tonight??

Not sure Blue - a lot of chat in South Division blog about the same point.

Believe it or not this is where the VT Exec have decided to play the South 2nds Game - have a look ImageShack Album - 9 images

Blue Division;391835 said:

lifemember;391854 said:
Not sure Blue - a lot of chat in South Division blog about the same point.

the thing i find amusing is that in sth c2, hampton fininsh on top of the ladder, win their semi final, but are the home team against cheltenham at cheltenham in the grand final............bit bizzare isnt it? all this says to me is that your better off aiming to finish the season in 2nd spot so you can host the grand final.

surely it cant be the state of boss james reserve, sth caulfield 2 is in possibly the worst condition in victoria.

0ver&Out;391828 said:
Anyone who believes that crap your talking must have rocks in their heads.

Douttas had to win the game & soft coc* Mores were 6/52 overnight so it's pretty obvious who took them off. Strathmore only needed a wash out to progress!!!

us soft cock mores re pegged the covers to minimise damage saturday, and used the super sopper on sunday morning to get everything right. typical douttas, the first team ever to complain about the best track in the vtca, and it is always delivered the same both weeks no matter who is batting, unlike that pile of dirt on your postage stamp.

hopefully all the old ducks stick in the bar and let the young blokes just play cricket next time, noone cares what happened in the 80s any more fellas

Is there reason why our post's are getting looked at before they come up.

Never had it happen before just wondering if i am on my own in this or it's happening to other people as well.

pups_magic;391879 said:
us soft cock mores re pegged the covers to minimise damage saturday, and used the super sopper on sunday morning to get everything right. typical douttas, the first team ever to complain about the best track in the vtca, and it is always delivered the same both weeks no matter who is batting, unlike that pile of dirt on your postage stamp.

hopefully all the old ducks stick in the bar and let the young blokes just play cricket next time, noone cares what happened in the 80s any more fellas

Think you will find both teams pegged the covers on saturday.
It was obvious someone from Strathmore went back & unpegged it , peeled back the covers and went to bed dreaming of a Grand Final. Little did they know that a bloke on his way home from work at 1am called by to see the covers were off and put them back on.
There was no argument about the pitch at all ,Strathmore do have 1 of the best curators in local cricket and from what i hear , he put a few noses out of joint by doing so much on Sunday to get the pitch up for play.

Kev Davis;391857 said:
the thing i find amusing is that in sth c2, hampton fininsh on top of the ladder, win their semi final, but are the home team against cheltenham at cheltenham in the grand final............bit bizzare isnt it? all this says to me is that your better off aiming to finish the season in 2nd spot so you can host the grand final.

surely it cant be the state of boss james reserve, sth caulfield 2 is in possibly the worst condition in victoria.

same issues in the north... what gets me is the no explanation..and the fact it was decided before the meeting last night??

Blue Division;392057 said:
same issues in the north... what gets me is the no explanation..and the fact it was decided before the meeting last night??
I would think you would find councils have to be notified by Tuesday morning, which doesn't leave much time to sort out who's playing where.

southern sledge;392072 said:
I would think you would find councils have to be notified by Tuesday morning, which doesn't leave much time to sort out who's playing where.

not if your doing your own ground they dont... and what if they were notified of this based on the finals over previous years being played there?

southern sledge;392072 said:

Blue Division;392079 said:
not if your doing your own ground they dont... and what if they were notified of this based on the finals over previous years being played there?

sorry blue, but your barking up the wrong tree, regardless of whether you look after your own ground or not, council has the decisive say as to when the grounds are used and who by

as for the gf's in sth 1's and 2's both at sth caulfield, i agree with most in regards to the condition of princess park surface, but i can also see the point of view from the vtca not any particular person as the executive make the decision as a whole and not individuals and fully support having the same 2 clubs on at the same venue in both grades, its just a shame about the state of the surface of the ground in question.

If princess park had the surface of say bentleigh or murrumbeena would anyone have a problem with it, I doubt it.

i think the guys should just be happy to play, at the ground i work at, we have next to no grass coverage and the wicket is still under water from rain earlier this week and to top it off i find out i have a subbies 4th XI semi on it this weekend just yesterday. very highly unlikely they'll get away at all

Shame, Shame, Shame, would a captain coach of a team who missed the finals by less than 1 point really write a letter to the Pres of the team that lost to the team that put said team out of the finals?????

southern sledge;392092 said:
I know that 2 North Finals with Greenvale were to be played at Royal Park, but MCC booked them out to St. Kevins Colledge.

heard the same southern... but why then not play them at alton north??
yarraville club... etc... or at neutral venues?

Blue Division;392288 said:
heard the same southern... but why then not play them at alton north??
yarraville club... etc... or at neutral venues?
Altona's pavilion is being upgraded and Yarraville didn't want one unless they were playing in it

Its an absolute disgrace that fixturing of away teams getting home finals. Why bother playing the season as hard as you can. Should have started manipulating the teams to make the finals at xmas. The comp is already manipulated enough by using 2nd innings points system. The association is there to keep things fair for ALL!! No excuses southern sledge is not good enough. Its not like the Grand Finals are a surprise. Don't over complicate things. The players play and the VTCA administer. Clubs and players pay them for that privilge!

Also don't use poxy excuses about councils. Councils like hume rent grounds to club and don't do a thing about the wicket.

southern sledge;392298 said:
Altona's pavilion is being upgraded and Yarraville didn't want one unless they were playing in it

i thought they were playing gf's at altona north? With AN's 2nds and 3rds playing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back