VTCA Season 2019/20

So Duckworth-Lewis was voted in at the rules meeting. It would appear though not many actually understand the Duckworth Lewis method. Do we know what historical scores will be used for the basis of the calculation? Senior Division Scores? How far back will the historical scores go? Or have we just called something Duckwoth Lewis which actually isn't Duckworth Lewis?

Well I reckon stage 4 will go to end of Sept.then stage 3 for 4-6 weeks. I don’t think we can train in stage 3 so training to start around start or Nov. so mid November start if things are going well?

So Duckworth-Lewis was voted in at the rules meeting. It would appear though not many actually understand the Duckworth Lewis method. Do we know what historical scores will be used for the basis of the calculation? Senior Division Scores? How far back will the historical scores go? Or have we just called something Duckwoth Lewis which actually isn't Duckworth Lewis?
CSB has used this the last couple of years

Most likely after Xmas. Would be more sensible to have a 18 round competition with Tuesday T20s for points (1sts only) and Saturday 1 day games if starting late or after Xmas. While I applaud people for thinking outside the box, I don't think the idea of 40 over matches split over 2 tuesdays is smart, as more likely to have washouts. We should be trying to get as many completed games as possible.

Sheridan obviously got told he wasn’t gonna get the $$$ he was expecting. Like a true mercenary straight out of there. Surprising because YCC always tell you they play for each other and not for the $$$$$ but as soon as it isn’t there they all jump ship. Surely there aren’t clubs out there stupid enough to pay players this year. It’s a nothing year that means nothing. Only aim should be surviving and bringing youth thru your club.

Nice little puff piece in the paper for Sammy Kandage and crew today. Might make it difficult for a few clubs to recruit from Sri Lanka from now on.

Nice little puff piece in the paper for Sammy Kandage and crew today. Might make it difficult for a few clubs to recruit from Sri Lanka from now on.

I think it has for some time been a source of mirth that every SriLankan male over the age of 16 is a first class cricketer.

Can anyone confirm the rumour that Glen Eira council are putting they curators and the volunteers of cricket clubs in Glen Eira thru a course on how to use a cricket roller and cylinder mower.
I just hope this just a rumour as with the season starting in 2 weeks this is the last thing curators and volunteers of clubs need to put up with the latest bunch of BS.

Can anyone confirm the rumour that Glen Eira council are putting they curators and the volunteers of cricket clubs in Glen Eira thru a course on how to use a cricket roller and cylinder mower.
I just hope this just a rumour as with the season starting in 2 weeks this is the last thing curators and volunteers of clubs need to put up with the latest bunch of BS.
Be thankful Glen Eira council take an interest in cricket pitch curating. The council in the area where I live has never prepared cricket pitches. Clubs have to either rely on their membership for pitch preparation or engage an outsider at cost. Clubs here are also fully responsible for the purchase and maintenance of their roller and cylinder mower. Bear in mind curating is a summer-season-only activity meaning persons engaging in this activity cannot afford to give up their "day job" any more than can umpires at this level. It is becoming increasing difficult to find people willing to volunteer their services. The current crop of cricketers grumble at having to bear some responsibility for the handling of the full-size covers. They have no inclination to engage in cricket pitch curating.

Baker back to YCCC...
Left the club he was coaching on bad terms and they are not happy with him at all... His nickname of the "Grub" , very accurate if you ask some at Buckley Park CC

Baker back to YCCC...
Left the club he was coaching on bad terms and they are not happy with him at all... His nickname of the "Grub" , very accurate if you ask some at Buckley Park CC
Well that was he's junior club and he went back so can't be that bad a bloke. Juniors there left to play higher levels and then went back there after. Regardless of what happened that's a lot more honourable then some blokes.

Well that was he's junior club and he went back so can't be that bad a bloke. Juniors there left to play higher levels and then went back there after. Regardless of what happened that's a lot more honourable then some blokes.
Yeah , only honourable if he didn't put his hand out for $$$ and leave half way through the season

Yeah , only honourable if he didn't put his hand out for $$$ and leave half way through the season
Your seriously expecting Jason Baker to play for free? No one at he's level plays for free. I'm sure he accepted less money at he's local club then he could have got elsewhere. He played all last year and obvouisly this year for whatever reason it didn't work out. I don't for a second think that any local cricketer let alone one of he's standing would start a season without the intent to finish it. I also don't think any clubs are paying up front for the whole season either and payments would be made throughout the year. There's always 2 sides and you have heard 1. It's a shame it has ended this way.

Back