VTCA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: VTCA Thread

Cash Man;224092 said:
He might be wide outside the off-stump but at least Javid is having a go.

Claims of $40k for Harwood at Melton or Lewis at Coburg would be in fairyland. Shaun Craig got around $20k at Malvern last year - would have thought that was the ceiling for a park cricketer and that a few of the VTCA pros would be short of that but still in the ball park. Maybe Baker, Brown or Taylor might be $15k - $20k? Possibly some others around this mark? No wonder the South struggle - Hampton and South Caulfield couldn't afford $5k for a pro.

Getting closer to the mark there money bags.

Not so sure about those two poor southern clubs. Ferguson at Hampton wouldn't be playing for peanuts, and they imported Bottomley, a gun pom the year before. At South Caulfield, we all know that Ash does it for nothing, however, Scotty Sager just walked into the place a couple of years ago and just wont leave. Johnny Simpson paid his own way out !!! and Steve Mullaney is at the moment walking from London to take up residency under the scoreboard.

Javid Miandmum;224018 said:
Baker - $10k, Yes
Brown - $10k, Yes
Taylor - $10k, Yes
Rutley - $8k, Yes
Porter - $8k, a bit inconsistant but Yes.
Hutchinson - $8k, Yes.

All match winners and close to first picked in their respective teams.

Well off the mark i'd say.
Baker is worth whatever he gets ,stats dont lie.
Brown not worth it.
Rutley worth every cent (if he gets that much).
Porter, destructive but yes, inconsistent at times.Great last year though.
Hutchy , yes worth it.
Taylor, best player in comp so could ask for anything.
Gun players are in every side but South Caulfield are a classic case of "they can only take you so far". No Depth ,No Success .

DouttanProud;224105 said:
Brown not worth it.
Hutchy , yes worth it.
Gun players are in every side but South Caulfield are a classic case of "they can only take you so far". No Depth ,No Success .

Brown = High Maintenance
However - 6 Seasons - 2400 runs - 140 wickets ( didn't bowl for a season and a half) - 5 times VTCA team of the year - 5 grand finals - 3 premierships

We'd have him

Sniffin Around;224137 said:
Brown = High Maintenance
However - 6 Seasons - 2400 runs - 140 wickets ( didn't bowl for a season and a half) - 5 times VTCA team of the year - 5 grand finals - 3 premierships

We'd have him

I got told this a few years ago that Yarraville club have a budget of 60K a year to spend on 1XI players each year I don't know how true it is.

DouttanProud;224105 said:
Brown not worth it.
Hutchy , yes worth it.

I have played with Brown and he is worth every cent. Great value as a team man who adds a bit of dressing room banter and camraderie, and on-field, the results speak for themselves. Don't diss da Brown dog.

Ifya Adballs;224103 said:
[/B]

Getting closer to the mark there money bags.

Not so sure about those two poor southern clubs. Ferguson at Hampton wouldn't be playing for peanuts, and they imported Bottomley, a gun pom the year before. At South Caulfield, we all know that Ash does it for nothing, however, Scotty Sager just walked into the place a couple of years ago and just wont leave. Johnny Simpson paid his own way out !!! and Steve Mullaney is at the moment walking from London to take up residency under the scoreboard.

It helps when there is about 7 blokes playing there that he has known since he was in primary school. And he played at St Kilda with Ash Russell. Get you facts right before you shoot your mouth off.

It's a Fevolution!!!;224318 said:
I have played with Brown and he is worth every cent. Great value as a team man who adds a bit of dressing room banter and camraderie, and on-field, the results speak for themselves. Don't diss da Brown dog.

underarm bowler;224405 said:
I hear from a reliable source that Bottomley paid his own way over and wasn't getting paid to play.

gloves74;224147 said:
I got told this a few years ago that Yarraville club have a budget of 60K a year to spend on 1XI players each year I don't know how true it is.

Agree with the Brown applause. You pay a player to make runs and take wickets so that if there are enough decent players around him you win premierships. Ticks all boxes, job well done.

Ferguson does a good job at Hampton but he's paid under $5k. He's just happy to play with his brother close to home.There's no cash on that side. Lamb's the only player getting paid good money in the south and rightly so. He'd be the only south player in the VTCA top 10 highest paid.

The VTCA should consider the AFL's system of providing grants to the cash strapped clubs. Clubs like MHSOB's can't afford $2 for a player. How can the south clubs like that compete with a $60k YCCC budget, even if it's half that rumoured amount?

Hi Guys,

Wondering if anyone has heard of an Akbar Shah. He played a bit at Sunshine Druids a few years back and St Albans..What is he like?
Cheers

gloves74;224147 said:
60k? Turner the drunken thief used to spend that much on home renos at the start of each season and another 60k on drinks during the season. Throw a couple of fat blokes like petrolium and Taylor and the budget quoted is way off the mark. Fat blokes don't come much cheaper than drunks remember. The prez tries hard to save a quid by only having the one haircut a year.

Not Out;224408 said:
It helps when there is about 7 blokes playing there that he has known since he was in primary school. And he played at St Kilda with Ash Russell. Get you facts right before you shoot your mouth off.

Was one of their nominated professionals prior to the arrival of the keeper - fact

Sniffin Around;224137 said:
Brown = High Maintenance

We'd have him

You'd hope an ex INTERNATIONAL cricketer would go alright against a bunch of park cricketers. If he played in the womens league he might do even better!
What a Champion!

Cash Man;224415 said:
Agree with the Brown applause. You pay a player to make runs and take wickets so that if there are enough decent players around him you win premierships. Ticks all boxes, job well done.

Ferguson does a good job at Hampton but he's paid under $5k. He's just happy to play with his brother close to home.There's no cash on that side. Lamb's the only player getting paid good money in the south and rightly so. He'd be the only south player in the VTCA top 10 highest paid.

The VTCA should consider the AFL's system of providing grants to the cash strapped clubs. Clubs like MHSOB's can't afford $2 for a player. How can the south clubs like that compete with a $60k YCCC budget, even if it's half that rumoured amount?

Having almost been relegated, not sure any of the MHSOB players are worth the $2...

Fresh_Prince;224420 said:
Hi Guys,

Wondering if anyone has heard of an Akbar Shah. He played a bit at Sunshine Druids a few years back and St Albans..What is he like?
Cheers

Yeah i used to play with Akbar, he used to be fairly quick but i havnt heard of him in a long time.
was actually a better full back in footy than he was a bowler.

just a thought but why doesn't the league just scrap the 'pay 2 players rule'.It would seem to be pretty clear that most clubs especially in the top division pay probably at least 4. it's a bit embarassing especially when most of the league board know about it.
I would agree with people that the northern clubs have more money to spend due to pokies and bigger footie clubs.....the gap between the north and south will get larger i think.any thoughts?will this cause more south clubs doing what Chelsea and Mordialloc did!

underarm bowler;224790 said:
just a thought but why doesn't the league just scrap the 'pay 2 players rule'.It would seem to be pretty clear that most clubs especially in the top division pay probably at least 4. it's a bit embarassing especially when most of the league board know about it.
I would agree with people that the northern clubs have more money to spend due to pokies and bigger footie clubs.....the gap between the north and south will get larger i think.any thoughts?will this cause more south clubs doing what Chelsea and Mordialloc did!

They cant moniter "cash transactions" can they ?
Simple case of "if you cant beat em, join em".

we all know theres different ways to pay a player Douttanproud other than through the books! Senior division is turning into the EPL....soon enough the lower clubs....and not just south teams will get sick of it, which will be a shame.Maybe the paid players can drive the unpaid players to games and help on fuel costs haha.:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back