VTCA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: VTCA Thread

fredbassett;272002 said:
throw in steven byrne as well.....albion, keilor , east keilor, keilor, albion ,st albans... you would only play for st albans for a packet...

He needs the cash for all the zinc and the specially made helmet to fit over his huge beak!

Another ordinary bloke!

Q: When these guys retire, which club or players do they go and have a social drink with or go down to support??

JUSTCALLME X;272170 said:
He needs the cash for all the zinc and the specially made helmet to fit over his huge beak!

Another ordinary bloke!

Q: When these guys retire, which club or players do they go and have a social drink with or go down to support??

All this talk of paid players and how many different clubs they play for. I have been at Spotty for the best part of 16 years. In that time I would guestimate that we have had about 15 differnet paid players. To my knowledge, only 1 has left to go and play at another club, the late Clinton McCarthy. He went back to where his junior cricket started at St Leonards as they were looking at folding as a club. We definitely have not lost any players to other VTCA clubs for $$:D And to think there are quite a few on here that bag our club:confused: We must be ok for our players to stay with us and not chase $$

Slipper;272013 said:
2nd best bat in comp ? Please.
he's been playing South A for how long ?
4 or 5 blokes in Senior have district hundreds and 1 has a 1st class 50, another a 1st class 100.How many district hundreds has he got ?
he's PROBABLY behind Brown,Taylor,O'keefe,Porter,Marcy,A.Russell,Davies,Ferguson ,Mullaney,Smart.
just 2 name a few off the top.

just outta interest who are these blokes with 1st class 50 and 100?

been there done that;272178 said:
All this talk of paid players and how many different clubs they play for. I have been at Spotty for the best part of 16 years. In that time I would guestimate that we have had about 15 differnet paid players. To my knowledge, only 1 has left to go and play at another club, the late Clinton McCarthy. He went back to where his junior cricket started at St Leonards as they were looking at folding as a club. We definitely have not lost any players to other VTCA clubs for $$:D And to think there are quite a few on here that bag our club:confused: We must be ok for our players to stay with us and not chase $$
I hear that the Board of Control for Cricket in India is chasing the Spotswood curator. It is rumoured that they need a finals quality wicket like that prepared for the grand final of season 07/08, believing a wicket prepared by the Spotswood curator would provide their best chance to defeat the Australians and throw them off their game for the rest of the series in order to win the series. The curator is reported to have replied to the BCCI that there are too many good blokes at Spotswood (as suggested by 'been there done that' 15 Oct. 2008) and that he would not prepare any wicket in India no matter how much cash they offered him.

Vicious and Well Directed;272209 said:
Jan (94) and Mullaney (165*), courtesy of cricinfo.com.

Don't forget Ashok Perara for Moonee Valley who has a highest first class score in Sri Lanka of 201 not out, and can bat. From what I have seen his batting would be even better in a higher grade of cricket with the ball coming on. Scored a lazy 150 odd against the bext bowler in the comp who had played and opened the bowling for Melb at district firsts level.

Guru14;272211 said:
Don't forget Ashok Perara for Moonee Valley who has a highest first class score in Sri Lanka of 201 not out, and can bat. From what I have seen his batting would be even better in a higher grade of cricket with the ball coming on. Scored a lazy 150 odd against the bext bowler in the comp who had played and opened the bowling for Melb at district firsts level.

Try Arosha Perera

Heywood Jablowme;272206 said:
I hear that the Board of Control for Cricket in India is chasing the Spotswood curator. It is rumoured that they need a finals quality wicket like that prepared for the grand final of season 07/08, believing a wicket prepared by the Spotswood curator would provide their best chance to defeat the Australians and throw them off their game for the rest of the series in order to win the series. The curator is reported to have replied to the BCCI that there are too many good blokes at Spotswood (as suggested by 'been there done that' 15 Oct. 2008) and that he would not prepare any wicket in India no matter how much cash they offered him.

You tool! The grand final wicket thing has been done to death!! As you are obviously unable to read through prvious posts, the wicket is, and has been for about 20 years, prepared by the local council:p Our club has absolutely NO say/input into how it is prepared! Now all we need is for you to bring up the runners up photos thing again........ I bet you play for a club that is sitting in NTH b or something:D In fact, i bet you have never stepped onto a Senior div ground? Thought so.... Hey, maybe you are a curator and not a cricketer? Sounds like you know alot about turf wickets:rolleyes:

I could guess he plays for Doutta and his dad might of done there wicket last year:D

been there done that;272221 said:
You tool! The grand final wicket thing has been done to death!! As you are obviously unable to read through prvious posts, the wicket is, and has been for about 20 years, prepared by the local council:p Our club has absolutely NO say/input into how it is prepared! Now all we need is for you to bring up the runners up photos thing again........ I bet you play for a club that is sitting in NTH b or something:D In fact, i bet you have never stepped onto a Senior div ground? Thought so.... Hey, maybe you are a curator and not a cricketer? Sounds like you know alot about turf wickets:rolleyes:
Why should I be cricticised because your wicket was disgraceful. It was you who was spruiking about your club. Not me.

As to your comment that the wicket is prepared by the council and not the club, and therefore your club is not to blame for the wicket is a nonsense. You allow the council to prepare your wicket. Why not have a private curator? Why, if you know the council curator does not care to put in the time and effort required have them do the work properly? Further, was the grand final thrust upon you by the Association or did Spotswood seek to host the grand final? It seems that you are prepared to accept mediocrity from the council by resigning yourself to the fact that the council is preparing your wicket.

If you want a poor wicket, water it the night before the game and try and soak it so you can stay at home and not have to tend to the wicket. Did Spotswood highlight any concern to the council that the wicket was below what is expected? What has Spotswood done to ensure that the type of track that was produced is not produced again?

It is easy to tee off at me with personal attacks, mistaken and misguided as you are. All your abuse does is highlight to the world that you and your club have done nothing, and it seems from your arrant nonsense that you are powerless to do anything about improving your standards. Nikolai Gogol wrote, "It is no use to blame the looking glass if your face is awry". All you say is 'blame the council'. I blame you and your club, and everyone who enjoys the game has a right to ask questions about what is being done to fix the problem.

Fair to say Spotty won't be preparing another senior division grand final wicket anytime soon.The low scoring grand finals in all grades over recent years are a concern. It seems neutral grounds just makes for a neutral curator who couldn't care less. Possible solution - home grand finals.

lets be fair and say spotty are a great club with a great history:confused:! and also why would we play in the south at brighton that means the teams from north would have to go out there way to ploay in there grand finals seeing so there hasnt been a south team in the granny for the past 7 years or so u spik.

yours truly ancc
back the mario auciello fan club

mickeybee;194352 said:
36 odd.. Not sure exactly, but got myself out.. Again..

Beautiful deck out there, but the ball was swinging everywhere.. Hopefully it will be enough.

Haydn has been playing brilliantly this year so far, just sucks he couldn't ton it up today..

Any other results?? I see Hampton only just bowled out Chelsea and Keilor didn't bowl RPBCC out.

mickeybee;194347 said:
OEG 9-303 v's Spottswood..

Haydn Mckeon played very well for his 97..

Spottswood have a 14 year old left arm quick.. Anyone else seen him, he is going to be some player..

Funny how quick it changes.. I remember Spotty having the best deck out of anyone last year.. I know that that was in December, but looks like the council does pretty well most of the time..

From memory Spotty was a great all round club, seem to remember lovely ladies making a great spread. Oh well, fickle world this Internet cyber forum thingy.. Reputations are made and lost with one click of the mouse..

fooey5for10;272257 said:
can we get back to sanity & talk about the round just past?? thats what some of us here WANT to do.

any performances worth noting??

yeah well actually... A.Steward, 57 classic runs in senior central seconds

Heywood Jablowme;272243 said:
Why should I be cricticised because your wicket was disgraceful. It was you who was spruiking about your club. Not me.

As to your comment that the wicket is prepared by the council and not the club, and therefore your club is not to blame for the wicket is a nonsense. You allow the council to prepare your wicket. Why not have a private curator? Why, if you know the council curator does not care to put in the time and effort required have them do the work properly? Further, was the grand final thrust upon you by the Association or did Spotswood seek to host the grand final? It seems that you are prepared to accept mediocrity from the council by resigning yourself to the fact that the council is preparing your wicket.

If you want a poor wicket, water it the night before the game and try and soak it so you can stay at home and not have to tend to the wicket. Did Spotswood highlight any concern to the council that the wicket was below what is expected? What has Spotswood done to ensure that the type of track that was produced is not produced again?

It is easy to tee off at me with personal attacks, mistaken and misguided as you are. All your abuse does is highlight to the world that you and your club have done nothing, and it seems from your arrant nonsense that you are powerless to do anything about improving your standards. Nikolai Gogol wrote, "It is no use to blame the looking glass if your face is awry". All you say is 'blame the council'. I blame you and your club, and everyone who enjoys the game has a right to ask questions about what is being done to fix the problem.

Damn straight i am spruiking my club!! This discussion started around how many $ chasing players swap from club to club. I simply stated facts about paid players at our club. Then you go and bring up the old grand final wicket chest nut.

As far as having a private paid curator, what cost this would add to runnning a club? If every club that played in the vtca was told they MUST have a paid curator, where do you think the $'s are going to come from? We feel lucky that the council do our wicket! I am sure if you ask all that have played at our ground over the years, there would not be too many that do not look forward to batting on our decks!! Not to mention our arvo teas! As for us "seeking to host THE gf", like all clubs, we put in that we would make our grounds available to play on. It is then purely an Exec decision on where each gf is played. The fact that our ground was selected surely tells you that it IS generally, over the year, one of the better wickets to play on. Why else would the exec choose to play it there?

I am the first to admit that the wicket was not at its best, but you are beating a dead horse my friend. As part of the commitee last year, we did in fact write a letter to the council expressing our concerns.

You can quote from whoever you like (not sure who Nikolai Gogol is), but all i have to quote is "go and bounce ya balls somewhere else".

Bentleigh produced a very comfortable victory first up! Even managed to catch up with a fellow past test cricketer who was watching the game from the opposition camp. Too good for senior a we are!!

ANCC;272255 said:
lets be fair and say spotty are a great club with a great history:confused:! and also why would we play in the south at brighton that means the teams from north would have to go out there way to ploay in there grand finals seeing so there hasnt been a south team in the granny for the past 7 years or so u spik.

yours truly ancc
back the mario auciello fan club

Agreed!!

Speakin of Muzz, I see he opened the batting in the 2nds:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back