VTCA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: VTCA Thread

Teen Wolf;282510 said:
Can anyone Shed any light on who J.Welsh is in the Spotswood Senior x11??? if A. Welsh is in the 2nds. any relation?? Age/Ability heard a few whispers about that he rates himself, figures dont look to promising..

J Welsh is the younger bro of Anders. First bat in the 1's for about 4 years 2 weeks ago against YCCC. Went in at 4-16 facing Bronca's hat trick ball. Made a solid 30. Then last week asked to open against Doutta and again got a start. Puts value on his wicket. And yes, he does rate himself, just ask him!!:D

Teen Wolf;282510 said:
Can anyone Shed any light on who J.Welsh is in the Spotswood Senior x11??? if A. Welsh is in the 2nds. any relation?? Age/Ability heard a few whispers about that he rates himself, figures dont look to promising..

J Welsh is the younger bro of Anders. First bat in the 1's for about 4 years 2 weeks ago against YCCC. Went in at 4-16 facing Bronca's hat trick ball. Made a solid 30. Then last week asked to open against Doutta and again got a start. Puts value on his wicket. And yes, he does rate himself, just ask him!!:D

Millhouse;282807 said:
His fielding glasses broke and he only had his punting glasses left to wear so he stayed inside and got on the punt.:)

I think your telling fibs Millhouse,my spies tell me he got in early
for arvo tea before Patrolli,Bronca and co hoed in.Then Turner and co
rolled in and decided to have a session with them?Last seen on dance
floor with boxing gloves on ready for Royal Rubble,sorry Rumble.

Millhouse;282807 said:
His fielding glasses broke and he only had his punting glasses left to wear so he stayed inside and got on the punt.:)

I think your telling fibs Millhouse,my spies tell me he got in early
for arvo tea before Patrolli,Bronca and co hoed in.Then Turner and co
rolled in and decided to have a session with them?Last seen on dance
floor with boxing gloves on ready for Royal Rubble,sorry Rumble.

Too Old Body Broke;282837 said:

Yeh hard bloke 2 face broncs .
been hit by some off his bouncers.
reckon he is the best bowler in VTCA currently.
;)

Yeh hard bloke 2 face broncs .
been hit by some off his bouncers.
reckon he is the best bowler in VTCA currently.
;)

Guru14;282834 said:
Just that the word is 4 down this year so that would make for a very long tail when we get to the business end of the year!

As an addendum to that. Looks like dark clouds are about to descend on F/United. Rumour has it that former captain coach is allegedly very unhappy with current captain coach for not being allowed to bowl his(poo) spin. Apparently words were had in the change rooms for all to hear, including the opposition.

Rumour has it that the big fella allegedly offered the new coach outside for a little pugilistic bare knuckle stuff. Boys will be boys. I think it's time the big fella mounts up and rides off into the sunset.

Guru14;282834 said:
Just that the word is 4 down this year so that would make for a very long tail when we get to the business end of the year!

As an addendum to that. Looks like dark clouds are about to descend on F/United. Rumour has it that former captain coach is allegedly very unhappy with current captain coach for not being allowed to bowl his(poo) spin. Apparently words were had in the change rooms for all to hear, including the opposition.

Rumour has it that the big fella allegedly offered the new coach outside for a little pugilistic bare knuckle stuff. Boys will be boys. I think it's time the big fella mounts up and rides off into the sunset.

southern sledge;280273 said:
I'm not touchy, its just that we don't need comparisons who is better.For years the South was the stronger cricket and now the North is. Is this due to the councils in the West and North being more community minded than some of the Southern councils who are obsessed with the user pays mentality and give no help to the clubs.
We are all in the one competition, which i reckon is pretty good so we need to all work together to make it better.

I would be interested to know how many clubs have there wickets prepared by a council curator and at what cost per season for each turf table. Also how many clubs employ there own curator and at what cost per season per turf table.

southern sledge;280273 said:
I'm not touchy, its just that we don't need comparisons who is better.For years the South was the stronger cricket and now the North is. Is this due to the councils in the West and North being more community minded than some of the Southern councils who are obsessed with the user pays mentality and give no help to the clubs.
We are all in the one competition, which i reckon is pretty good so we need to all work together to make it better.

I would be interested to know how many clubs have there wickets prepared by a council curator and at what cost per season for each turf table. Also how many clubs employ there own curator and at what cost per season per turf table.

Whats going o with Strathmore this year? 3 losses to open the season, thought they were a strong club?

Are the top 4 pretty much settled in Senior A? Cant see any one below being classy enough to knock off the top 4.

Whats going o with Strathmore this year? 3 losses to open the season, thought they were a strong club?

Are the top 4 pretty much settled in Senior A? Cant see any one below being classy enough to knock off the top 4.

NorthClubsDontPayPlayers;283233 said:

Hoppers vs CY's grand final for mine, both looking very strong at the minute.

NorthClubsDontPayPlayers;283233 said:

Hoppers vs CY's grand final for mine, both looking very strong at the minute.

Dingo_Jones;283161 said:

Hoppers now prepare the wickets on all three of our grounds. The main oval took us many years of negotiation with the Council to take over, but since that time the improvement has been massive, with our own guy putting in the TLC required to prepare a nice track.

Costs are not cheap though, probably spending around $8-10k per annum for the three grounds plus our turf training wickets.

Dingo_Jones;283161 said:

Hoppers now prepare the wickets on all three of our grounds. The main oval took us many years of negotiation with the Council to take over, but since that time the improvement has been massive, with our own guy putting in the TLC required to prepare a nice track.

Costs are not cheap though, probably spending around $8-10k per annum for the three grounds plus our turf training wickets.

Gavone;283238 said:

Its a shame you cant prepare the oval as well . The 2nd oval is a disgrace.

Gavone;283238 said:

Boofa;283244 said:

Terrible place out there in the middle of nowhere, windy and a sparse covering of grass. But on the positive side, great TAB and the opportunity to get the minibus going and smash cans on the trip back. Or stick around and head to Volt (if it's still open).

No real change in personnel for Strathmore so it's a bit of surprise to see them struggling. Hoppers, CYs and Brighton are probably the certainties for finals. United a monty for relegation, seem to be playing a few kids, south side could be Beauy or MHSOB. Snowdogs definitely the surprise packet but still reliant on Osborne, although might have a decent bunch of mediums by adding Mullins. Sorry Laurie, Ajax will miss out on finals but Lamb will score the most runs in the comp, which should be enough to excite you.

Boofa;283244 said:

Terrible place out there in the middle of nowhere, windy and a sparse covering of grass. But on the positive side, great TAB and the opportunity to get the minibus going and smash cans on the trip back. Or stick around and head to Volt (if it's still open).

No real change in personnel for Strathmore so it's a bit of surprise to see them struggling. Hoppers, CYs and Brighton are probably the certainties for finals. United a monty for relegation, seem to be playing a few kids, south side could be Beauy or MHSOB. Snowdogs definitely the surprise packet but still reliant on Osborne, although might have a decent bunch of mediums by adding Mullins. Sorry Laurie, Ajax will miss out on finals but Lamb will score the most runs in the comp, which should be enough to excite you.

Boofa;283244 said:

Tell me about it... I have to play on it every second game and my old legs are feeling the pain!!

Unfortunately, it is outside the club's control and is a Council issue... and obviously they are not watering it. Sad thing is, our No.1 ground's outfield is not much better!!

I would rather take a great wicket and crap outfield than the other way around though any day of the week!!

Boofa;283244 said:

Tell me about it... I have to play on it every second game and my old legs are feeling the pain!!

Unfortunately, it is outside the club's control and is a Council issue... and obviously they are not watering it. Sad thing is, our No.1 ground's outfield is not much better!!

I would rather take a great wicket and crap outfield than the other way around though any day of the week!!

Time to make the call down at Coode Island, I mean Altona North.

Stats dont lie. 9 2nd innings runs in 1 hit for a total of 12 for the year.

Surely away games for you now Boo:

Brian Bourchier | Altona North

Senior Division 1 4,11 Oct 1:00 PM Keilor 1 c 1 1
Senior Division 2 18,25 Oct 1:00 PM Spotswood 1 b 0 1
2 lbw 9 5
Senior Division 3 1,8 Nov 1:00 PM McKinnon 1 lbw 2 6
Senior Division 4 15,22 Nov 1:00 PM Youlden Parkville 1 lbw 0 7

Might be an idea to start using the bat judging by mode of dismissal!!!

Time to make the call down at Coode Island, I mean Altona North.

Stats dont lie. 9 2nd innings runs in 1 hit for a total of 12 for the year.

Surely away games for you now Boo:

Brian Bourchier | Altona North

Senior Division 1 4,11 Oct 1:00 PM Keilor 1 c 1 1
Senior Division 2 18,25 Oct 1:00 PM Spotswood 1 b 0 1
2 lbw 9 5
Senior Division 3 1,8 Nov 1:00 PM McKinnon 1 lbw 2 6
Senior Division 4 15,22 Nov 1:00 PM Youlden Parkville 1 lbw 0 7

Might be an idea to start using the bat judging by mode of dismissal!!!

That must make two blokes at spotty who rate themselves then. Heard a whisper there new keeper sidney smith doesnt mind himself either!!!!

That must make two blokes at spotty who rate themselves then. Heard a whisper there new keeper sidney smith doesnt mind himself either!!!!

Gavone;283238 said:

Thanks for the info. Sounds about around the ball park. A good curator will charge around $3000 per turf table per annum for a conscientious job. Using the club owned roller and reel mower.

I've heard that some councils charge $6,000 to prepare some turf tables per annum. Maribyrnong council for example, handed over the roller and reel mower to the clubs free of charge when they decided to quit providing the service. The responsibility of maintaining and servicing those machines also fell to the clubs.

I firmly believe responsible clubs that prepare there own tracks consistently produce the best playing surfaces.

I would be interested to know how much other clubs are charged by council to prepare there turf tables per season.

Does your club own and maintain your machines?

Gavone;283238 said:

Thanks for the info. Sounds about around the ball park. A good curator will charge around $3000 per turf table per annum for a conscientious job. Using the club owned roller and reel mower.

I've heard that some councils charge $6,000 to prepare some turf tables per annum. Maribyrnong council for example, handed over the roller and reel mower to the clubs free of charge when they decided to quit providing the service. The responsibility of maintaining and servicing those machines also fell to the clubs.

I firmly believe responsible clubs that prepare there own tracks consistently produce the best playing surfaces.

I would be interested to know how much other clubs are charged by council to prepare there turf tables per season.

Does your club own and maintain your machines?

Gavone;283258 said:

Some councils are putting in bores to water sports ovals. The cost I believe is around $35,000. Various councils are now doing this with the encouragement of the water board. The cost of which is bourne by the council. You should make an application forthwith.

Gavone;283258 said:

Some councils are putting in bores to water sports ovals. The cost I believe is around $35,000. Various councils are now doing this with the encouragement of the water board. The cost of which is bourne by the council. You should make an application forthwith.

Millhouse;282809 said:
G.Turner seen in deep contract negotiations over the weekend. SMS's doing the rounds as late as Saturday morning claiming the great man is about to return?? Discussions failed late morning due to a clause in the contract allowing Turner to drink at will until he passed out not being met? Appears Turner did that by himself and couldn't get to the ground. His good mate Roy Symonds has come out and admitted he has a drinking problem but Turner insists that he is just soft. When discussing the Doutta wicket with Turner his comment was "Nothing wrong with the length of the pitch at all, you need room for the esky dont you?" His little fat mate Patroliummm heard to chime in with "Yeah and the dim sims ha ha!"

That pies petrolium is on the nose. I called in to western region cricke centre pre-season and there was this guy trying to bowl something that looked like poo. He was dressed in a dirty old creamy jacket that looked like it had been lifted from an old derelic that resides under footscray .rd. bridge. Someone told me it was pies himself. Is there no pride anymore representing your club?

Millhouse;282809 said:
G.Turner seen in deep contract negotiations over the weekend. SMS's doing the rounds as late as Saturday morning claiming the great man is about to return?? Discussions failed late morning due to a clause in the contract allowing Turner to drink at will until he passed out not being met? Appears Turner did that by himself and couldn't get to the ground. His good mate Roy Symonds has come out and admitted he has a drinking problem but Turner insists that he is just soft. When discussing the Doutta wicket with Turner his comment was "Nothing wrong with the length of the pitch at all, you need room for the esky dont you?" His little fat mate Patroliummm heard to chime in with "Yeah and the dim sims ha ha!"

That pies petrolium is on the nose. I called in to western region cricke centre pre-season and there was this guy trying to bowl something that looked like poo. He was dressed in a dirty old creamy jacket that looked like it had been lifted from an old derelic that resides under footscray .rd. bridge. Someone told me it was pies himself. Is there no pride anymore representing your club?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back