VTCA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: VTCA Thread

Fatty Vautin;283370 said:
That must make two blokes at spotty who rate themselves then. Heard a whisper there new keeper sidney smith doesnt mind himself either!!!!

Don't think the new keeper would rate himself too highly after his 1 ball innings last Saturday.

Fatty Vautin;283370 said:
That must make two blokes at spotty who rate themselves then. Heard a whisper there new keeper sidney smith doesnt mind himself either!!!!

Don't think the new keeper would rate himself too highly after his 1 ball innings last Saturday.

Ben Dover;283617 said:

Haha yeah, he is having a bad run to start the season. But I think I have seen enough bats to know when someone can hold the stick, and he definately can.;)

Ben Dover;283617 said:

Haha yeah, he is having a bad run to start the season. But I think I have seen enough bats to know when someone can hold the stick, and he definately can.;)

JUSTCALLME X;283731 said:
are we gonna get on sat or what fellas? 1st washout for the year?? might save a few clubs

Doesn't look promising, but then again it looked the same way last week and everyone got on fine. I reckon we'll be right, might be some under prepared decks though (and one 25 yard one).

JUSTCALLME X;283731 said:
are we gonna get on sat or what fellas? 1st washout for the year?? might save a few clubs

Doesn't look promising, but then again it looked the same way last week and everyone got on fine. I reckon we'll be right, might be some under prepared decks though (and one 25 yard one).

Vicious and Well Directed;283756 said:

Good thing Bentleighs ground is out of action!

Look out Hoppers though - could be a very sticky deck at Dendy Pk.

Vicious and Well Directed;283756 said:

NorthClubsDontPayPlayers;283764 said:

Yeah, although I'm sure no club would intentially under prepare their wicket to given them an unfair advantage... you probably wouldn't want to be playing away and chasing on the weekend.

Yeah, although I'm sure no club would intentially under prepare their wicket to given them an unfair advantage... you probably wouldn't want to be playing away and chasing on the weekend.

I've been reading this forum for a while now and I'm keen to know what these blokes who get paid heaps of dough are actually like to play with and have around the club.

I've been reading this forum for a while now and I'm keen to know what these blokes who get paid heaps of dough are actually like to play with and have around the club.

AB 5 Star;283925 said:

I think it depends on the club and the bloke.......general statement i know but from what ive heard true nonetheless....

AB 5 Star;283925 said:

I think it depends on the club and the bloke.......general statement i know but from what ive heard true nonetheless....

Like Baker for example...obviously a gun bat but what else? Does he make the sandwiches in the morning or put the cones out? There's alot to be said for the little things at a club.

Like Baker for example...obviously a gun bat but what else? Does he make the sandwiches in the morning or put the cones out? There's alot to be said for the little things at a club.

AB 5 Star;283983 said:

Mate - Bakes' job is to make runs...Let the volunteers and the other flogs put out the cones etc.

AB 5 Star;283983 said:

Mate - Bakes' job is to make runs...Let the volunteers and the other flogs put out the cones etc.

Dingo_Jones;283579 said:
Does your club own and maintain your machines?

When we took over from the Council for our No.1 ground a couple of seasons back, they provided their roller as part of the deal, though we had already purchased our own Mentay ride on about 7 years earlier, which cost us about $20k at the time. It was a huge investment at the time, however the benefit it has provided has been substantial and was still going strong until vandals burnt down the curators shed at the start of the season.

It worked out well though as everything was insured so a new ride on roller, three new mowers, all new covers and a new bowling machine were the outcome... well worth the significant inconvenience these pests caused.

So to answer your question, yes, the club owns and maintains all the equipment.

Dingo_Jones;283579 said:
Does your club own and maintain your machines?

When we took over from the Council for our No.1 ground a couple of seasons back, they provided their roller as part of the deal, though we had already purchased our own Mentay ride on about 7 years earlier, which cost us about $20k at the time. It was a huge investment at the time, however the benefit it has provided has been substantial and was still going strong until vandals burnt down the curators shed at the start of the season.

It worked out well though as everything was insured so a new ride on roller, three new mowers, all new covers and a new bowling machine were the outcome... well worth the significant inconvenience these pests caused.

So to answer your question, yes, the club owns and maintains all the equipment.

Dingo_Jones;283586 said:
Some councils are putting in bores to water sports ovals. The cost I believe is around $35,000. Various councils are now doing this with the encouragement of the water board. The cost of which is bourne by the council. You should make an application forthwith.

I know the club is pushing Council hard to extend the recycled water pipeline up to our ground to service both ovals, however, they are getting push back as they want the club (and football club) to move up the road to a new "Casey Fields" style multi-oval site near the old RAAF base.

Not sure how this will play out, however, I think they will have to do something in the short term as the outfield (and surrounds) are a disgrace. Not safe for kids too, as my wife and young son found out last week watching me. With all the wind, the dust that was being produced was unbearable for players and spectators alike.

Dingo_Jones;283586 said:
Some councils are putting in bores to water sports ovals. The cost I believe is around $35,000. Various councils are now doing this with the encouragement of the water board. The cost of which is bourne by the council. You should make an application forthwith.

I know the club is pushing Council hard to extend the recycled water pipeline up to our ground to service both ovals, however, they are getting push back as they want the club (and football club) to move up the road to a new "Casey Fields" style multi-oval site near the old RAAF base.

Not sure how this will play out, however, I think they will have to do something in the short term as the outfield (and surrounds) are a disgrace. Not safe for kids too, as my wife and young son found out last week watching me. With all the wind, the dust that was being produced was unbearable for players and spectators alike.

We are used to it thanks to Saidy's dodgy training decks!!

Borlase and Timms will get the runs on their own!!

We are used to it thanks to Saidy's dodgy training decks!!

Borlase and Timms will get the runs on their own!!

AB 5 Star;283983 said:

hahahaha, surely the committee would put a bonus clause in for cone placement?

From a Hoppers perspective, Shane McEachran and Trent Said are two of the best blokes you are ever likely to meet. Always hang around for a beer well into the night, are happy to socially interact with all players from 1sts to 7ths, are very hard trainers and are very helpful with the kids.

AB 5 Star;283983 said:

From a Hoppers perspective, Shane McEachran and Trent Said are two of the best blokes you are ever likely to meet. Always hang around for a beer well into the night, are happy to socially interact with all players from 1sts to 7ths, are very hard trainers and are very helpful with the kids.

onlyonepaidpro@clubbers;284074 said:

Those flogs that you refer to are the heart and soul of local cricket....it's park cricket people...lighten up a bit.

onlyonepaidpro@clubbers;284074 said:

Those flogs that you refer to are the heart and soul of local cricket....it's park cricket people...lighten up a bit.

Very reasonable question though AB 5 Star. You want your pro to help out, train regularly, stick around for a beer and be well liked by the guys around the club - there's more to it than just being a good cricketer.

Very reasonable question though AB 5 Star. You want your pro to help out, train regularly, stick around for a beer and be well liked by the guys around the club - there's more to it than just being a good cricketer.

Gavone;284079 said:

So are you saying that Borlase and Timms dont do this then?

Gavone;284079 said:

Slow day in the office...
Senior:
OEG will be all over South Caulfield
Hampton will just avoid outright
Spotswood should hold off Doutta
RPB on that small ground should do enough, although should be a cracker
Baker gone, Keilor should win
Last one could go either way, but would rather have runs on the board and 7 wickets to get instead of 140 to chase

Senior A:
Hoppers will chase down the 212 pretty comfortably, particularly without Tillakaratne
Strathmore should keep the Snowdogs at bay, all depends on Osborne
MHSOB should bring up their first win over Chelt, 140 to chase
Druids to get over the top of Beauey, did let them off the hook, probably should have already won the game by now
CY's will do an number of Bentleigh outright, can't see anyone being too disappointed with that
Get ready Laurie... here it comes... Ajax will bundle United out fairly cheaply, although if Billy Blair can find a partnership somewhere they might go close.

No danger of a washout by the looks of it at the moment.

Slow day in the office...
Senior:
OEG will be all over South Caulfield
Hampton will just avoid outright
Spotswood should hold off Doutta
RPB on that small ground should do enough, although should be a cracker
Baker gone, Keilor should win
Last one could go either way, but would rather have runs on the board and 7 wickets to get instead of 140 to chase

Senior A:
Hoppers will chase down the 212 pretty comfortably, particularly without Tillakaratne
Strathmore should keep the Snowdogs at bay, all depends on Osborne
MHSOB should bring up their first win over Chelt, 140 to chase
Druids to get over the top of Beauey, did let them off the hook, probably should have already won the game by now
CY's will do an number of Bentleigh outright, can't see anyone being too disappointed with that
Get ready Laurie... here it comes... Ajax will bundle United out fairly cheaply, although if Billy Blair can find a partnership somewhere they might go close.

No danger of a washout by the looks of it at the moment.

Gavone;284079 said:

You must be paying Mc Eggman appearance money,never trained
and first 2 leave when playing at Yccc.

Gavone;284079 said:

You must be paying Mc Eggman appearance money,never trained
and first 2 leave when playing at Yccc.

Boofa;284111 said:
I think the question would be does Borlase know where the ground is or do they leave a trail of notes all the way out to the wicket for him to follow?

Boofa;284111 said:
I think the question would be does Borlase know where the ground is or do they leave a trail of notes all the way out to the wicket for him to follow?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back