VTCA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: VTCA Thread

NorthClubsDontPayPlayers;289618 said:
Agreed - Porter, Hutchinson fire and a few others stand up, and look out. Keilor are the dark horse to sneak a spot in the 4.

Dunno about darkhorse, they are a decent side!!! I think 5 will fight out for 4 spots (A/W, YC, RPB, S/C, Keil) with Mckinnon the darkhorse. I think at this stage, the other 7 sides can only shape the 4 by beating one of these sides here and there.

NorthClubsDontPayPlayers;289618 said:
Agreed - Porter, Hutchinson fire and a few others stand up, and look out. Keilor are the dark horse to sneak a spot in the 4.

Dunno about darkhorse, they are a decent side!!! I think 5 will fight out for 4 spots (A/W, YC, RPB, S/C, Keil) with Mckinnon the darkhorse. I think at this stage, the other 7 sides can only shape the 4 by beating one of these sides here and there.

Laurie Shneider;289594 said:
Just like Maccabi AJAX with Dave Glebart and Daniel Onas, outstanding all-rounders. Plus David Fayman is up and coming, will be quality all-rounder for the club.

Laurie, can you hear that tree falling in the woods?

Quite frankly I am suprised Andrew Hilditch has not come calling for these players, they are just about the best players I have ever seen on a cricket field. If I had the choice between Daniel Onas and Darell Brown, I'd take Onas every day of the week. Dave Gelbart or Scott Porter? Garry Litinsky or Gallage? Litinsky would go in to battle with me. I would be suprised if Ajax didn't have all 11 players in the Team of the Year. In fact, Hilditch should replace that Australian side and put Ajax in its place against Sth Africa in Perth.

Laurie Shneider;289594 said:
Just like Maccabi AJAX with Dave Glebart and Daniel Onas, outstanding all-rounders. Plus David Fayman is up and coming, will be quality all-rounder for the club.

Quite frankly I am suprised Andrew Hilditch has not come calling for these players, they are just about the best players I have ever seen on a cricket field. If I had the choice between Daniel Onas and Darell Brown, I'd take Onas every day of the week. Dave Gelbart or Scott Porter? Garry Litinsky or Gallage? Litinsky would go in to battle with me. I would be suprised if Ajax didn't have all 11 players in the Team of the Year. In fact, Hilditch should replace that Australian side and put Ajax in its place against Sth Africa in Perth.

Not Out;289579 said:
1 wicket with the new pill & 5 with the darts. Very handy bowler

Interesting to see top 3 wicket takers in senior div so far this season are all "spinners". Strange considering that this time of year USUALLY favours the seam/quicks!!

Not Out;289579 said:
1 wicket with the new pill & 5 with the darts. Very handy bowler

Interesting to see top 3 wicket takers in senior div so far this season are all "spinners". Strange considering that this time of year USUALLY favours the seam/quicks!!

Too Old Body Broke;289653 said:

Spinners just don't get the respect they deserve! Spinners are winners.

Too Old Body Broke;289653 said:

Red Ink No.8;289658 said:

I would have to agree here. All clubs have medium (or fast as they like to be called) pace bowlers - but it seems that a good smart spinner can be the difference in games though! Still, the likes of Bronca and co will be up there come finals time.

Red Ink No.8;289658 said:

I would have to agree here. All clubs have medium (or fast as they like to be called) pace bowlers - but it seems that a good smart spinner can be the difference in games though! Still, the likes of Bronca and co will be up there come finals time.

spotiswoode 1888;287942 said:
Not Really Buddy, only 1 batsmen down. Other was a tailender. Much More batting to come. Only 2 R.P.O required.
I heard the curator forgot to take his pills in the morning. Very Sick in the Head man.

He's probably not the best person to be slagging off!! had a verbal stoush with Adam Contessa and replied with possibly one of the quickest bouncers you will see this year at Boss James, Hit Contessa on the head one bounce over the boudary for 4 leg byes.......

but hey, if you want to see fire works, i'm sure he wont mind

all i wanted to say

Carry On Lads
:D

spotiswoode 1888;287942 said:
Not Really Buddy, only 1 batsmen down. Other was a tailender. Much More batting to come. Only 2 R.P.O required.
I heard the curator forgot to take his pills in the morning. Very Sick in the Head man.

He's probably not the best person to be slagging off!! had a verbal stoush with Adam Contessa and replied with possibly one of the quickest bouncers you will see this year at Boss James, Hit Contessa on the head one bounce over the boudary for 4 leg byes.......

but hey, if you want to see fire works, i'm sure he wont mind

all i wanted to say

Carry On Lads
:D

NorthClubsDontPayPlayers;289645 said:

What sort of jungle juice are you on? I'd love to try some.

NorthClubsDontPayPlayers;289645 said:

What sort of jungle juice are you on? I'd love to try some.

The fact that the spinners are on top of wicket ladder shows what has been pretty obvious in club cricket for a while.......average league cricketers can't play spin.

The fact that the spinners are on top of wicket ladder shows what has been pretty obvious in club cricket for a while.......average league cricketers can't play spin.

JUSTCALLME X;289620 said:

RPB will be a finalist this season. I think there batting will carry the day providing Gene Maurice can produce alot of runs. He should go well after xmas. He needs to learn very quickly how to play on our kind of tracks if they are to be a force in the granny. Porter struggled in his first season with Keilor, but look at him now. The slower tracks in our comp take a little getting used to, but once these guys sort it out they then dominate.

JUSTCALLME X;289620 said:

RPB will be a finalist this season. I think there batting will carry the day providing Gene Maurice can produce alot of runs. He should go well after xmas. He needs to learn very quickly how to play on our kind of tracks if they are to be a force in the granny. Porter struggled in his first season with Keilor, but look at him now. The slower tracks in our comp take a little getting used to, but once these guys sort it out they then dominate.

some interesting results in senior A.
Strathmore gone.
Any one know why Cy's result disputed.
Hoppers with a big score against Druids.
I. Timms 204 must be rated up near the better bats in the comp i.e. Baker, Okeefe, Porter etc.

Strathmore gone.
I. Timms 204 must be rated up near the better bats in the comp i.e. Baker, Okeefe, Porter etc.

InGoodTouch;288346 said:
Bentleigh back in good touch on the weekend!! We smashed those Cheltenham hacks all over the park on a terribly slow pitch! Those loud mouth derelicts on the boundary can abuse us as much as what they want, Bentleigh are on the way to senior division and Cheltenham are headed back in South A. They've got 1 quality players and 10 hacks playing for them. We will run through them outright next week!!!

As the great Nelson Muntz once famously said...........HA HA!!! :D

InGoodTouch;288346 said:
Bentleigh back in good touch on the weekend!! We smashed those Cheltenham hacks all over the park on a terribly slow pitch! Those loud mouth derelicts on the boundary can abuse us as much as what they want, Bentleigh are on the way to senior division and Cheltenham are headed back in South A. They've got 1 quality players and 10 hacks playing for them. We will run through them outright next week!!!

As the great Nelson Muntz once famously said...........HA HA!!! :D

go surfing;289964 said:
Strathmore gone.

Result disputed just because batsman retired hurt didn't come back on. Brighton claiming all 10 wickets, Willi 9 declared

go surfing;289964 said:
Strathmore gone.

Result disputed just because batsman retired hurt didn't come back on. Brighton claiming all 10 wickets, Willi 9 declared

He isn't good enough to be a consistent district ones player. District 2nds yes, but his time in Premier cricket proved that he wasn't quite up to it at the first grade level. Great player at this level though.

He isn't good enough to be a consistent district ones player. District 2nds yes, but his time in Premier cricket proved that he wasn't quite up to it at the first grade level. Great player at this level though.

Imnotgoing2lie2u;290038 said:
Im gegoing to be honest, If T Lamb did not therow his wicket away he would be inta district ones.

maybe your right mate, but their are many players playing in vtca that could be playing district ones

Imnotgoing2lie2u;290038 said:
Im gegoing to be honest, If T Lamb did not therow his wicket away he would be inta district ones.

maybe your right mate, but their are many players playing in vtca that could be playing district ones

southern sledge;290071 said:
And maybe would have better respect from their peers

Troy Lamb does not care what peers think of him he just wants Maccabi AJAX to win. He has Maccabi AJAX playing with more confidence than I have ever seen. He is a superstar in an unbelievable team. We were supurb yesterday with our gun all-rounders firing and Jono Weinstock taking unbelievable leg side stumpings off Daniel Onas who bowls very fast. Tough fixtures coming up but we will win them.

southern sledge;290071 said:
And maybe would have better respect from their peers

Troy Lamb does not care what peers think of him he just wants Maccabi AJAX to win. He has Maccabi AJAX playing with more confidence than I have ever seen. He is a superstar in an unbelievable team. We were supurb yesterday with our gun all-rounders firing and Jono Weinstock taking unbelievable leg side stumpings off Daniel Onas who bowls very fast. Tough fixtures coming up but we will win them.

Laurie Shneider;290090 said:

Thanks Laurie....and now for the cheer squad!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Laurie....and now for the cheer squad!!!!!!!!!!!

go surfing;289964 said:
Strathmore gone.

Agree with the Timms comment, have seen him bat, he appears to do it with ease. Clearly the best in Senior A.

go surfing;289964 said:
Strathmore gone.

Agree with the Timms comment, have seen him bat, he appears to do it with ease. Clearly the best in Senior A.

Oh Gday Laurie, There has been alot of talk around the VTCA traps about the amazing debut of Rowan Bricker, with some dubbing him the next Bradman. Can you tell us anything about his deevelopement into a gun VTCA Cericketer?

Oh Gday Laurie, There has been alot of talk around the VTCA traps about the amazing debut of Rowan Bricker, with some dubbing him the next Bradman. Can you tell us anything about his deevelopement into a gun VTCA Cericketer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back