VTCA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: VTCA Thread

Cash Man;294316 said:
Fair chance the hammerhead is from Doutta considering he's named two doutta blokes in the top four players!

Baker is a champion but no doubt he cashes in on the flat tracks. Having said that he makes most of his runs as an opener which I think cancels the flat track factor out. No other gun bat regularly opens the batting, most of them prefer four, some three.

Top 10 players in Senior Division:

Baker
Brown
Porter
Rutley
Bronca
Mulaney
Hall
O'Keefe
Hillas C
Robertson

was this based on performance this year or just in general best players, because if its just in general, i would think taylor would be a bit stiff not to get a mention and contessa

Cash Man;294316 said:
Fair chance the hammerhead is from Doutta considering he's named two doutta blokes in the top four players!

Baker is a champion but no doubt he cashes in on the flat tracks. Having said that he makes most of his runs as an opener which I think cancels the flat track factor out. No other gun bat regularly opens the batting, most of them prefer four, some three.

Baker
Brown
Porter
Rutley
Bronca
Mulaney
Hall
O'Keefe
Hillas C
Robertson

was this based on performance this year or just in general best players, because if its just in general, i would think taylor would be a bit stiff not to get a mention and contessa

Cash Man;294316 said:

Baker
Brown
Porter
Rutley
Bronca
Mulaney
Hall
O'Keefe
Hillas C
Contessa A

Defeintely a batsmans comp, only 2 genuine bowlers in that list. The old debate that has been going on since the start of this thread about Ash Russell being included will probably start up again, probably should be in there given his record. The problem with these lists are that there is always more than 10 players who 'deserve' to be included.

Having said that, any thoughts on the equivalent for Senior A?

Cash Man;294316 said:

Baker
Brown
Porter
Rutley
Bronca
Mulaney
Hall
O'Keefe
Hillas C
Contessa A

Defeintely a batsmans comp, only 2 genuine bowlers in that list. The old debate that has been going on since the start of this thread about Ash Russell being included will probably start up again, probably should be in there given his record. The problem with these lists are that there is always more than 10 players who 'deserve' to be included.

crazycricket;294330 said:

Just a list based on current form and aimed to spark discussion. A lot of blokes could be considered stiff.

crazycricket;294330 said:

Just a list based on current form and aimed to spark discussion. A lot of blokes could be considered stiff.

Cash Man;294334 said:

Pretty easy then, just go to the stats page and grab the the top ten!! IMO, I think you would need to take the last season into account as well?:confused:

Cash Man;294334 said:

Pretty easy then, just go to the stats page and grab the the top ten!! IMO, I think you would need to take the last season into account as well?:confused:

Vicious and Well Directed;294331 said:

D.law
Timms
T.Lamb
Tupper
Osbourne
umm, cant think off too many more

Vicious and Well Directed;294331 said:

D.law
Timms
T.Lamb
Tupper
Osbourne

Too Old Body Broke;294351 said:

Thanks for your input :confused: Just IMO the best players in Senior Division if I was to draft them to play for my team this weekend, in order of perference. Maybe have a crack yourself before you start having a go.

Too Old Body Broke;294351 said:

Thanks for your input :confused: Just IMO the best players in Senior Division if I was to draft them to play for my team this weekend, in order of perference. Maybe have a crack yourself before you start having a go.

DizzyGillepsie;294370 said:
ease up tiger, it was just a suggestion. i don't think he was having a go at you.

I think you got to his post before he could retract his "sh_t for brains" comment? And dont worry Dizz, I have been called funnier and more imaginative names on the field than that....

And I was not having a go at the suggested question, I was simply stating that after what, 5 rounds, it is difficult to say who are the top 10 playing. Some have only had 3-4 hits!!! More than happy for the forum to get chat going......

DizzyGillepsie;294370 said:
ease up tiger, it was just a suggestion. i don't think he was having a go at you.

I think you got to his post before he could retract his "sh_t for brains" comment? And dont worry Dizz, I have been called funnier and more imaginative names on the field than that....

And I was not having a go at the suggested question, I was simply stating that after what, 5 rounds, it is difficult to say who are the top 10 playing. Some have only had 3-4 hits!!! More than happy for the forum to get chat going......

mickeybee;294314 said:
Baker is not a flat track bully, he is an absolute gun. Even if he made 50 runs collectively for the rest of the year, I would still say he is the best in the VTCA by heaps..

-Never saw Timms though.

Porter is very good, Rutley pretty good..

Are you the up and comer from Douttas?

considering hammerhead gave himself a plug, who is the best up and comer going round. guerra from keilor?

mickeybee;294314 said:
Baker is not a flat track bully, he is an absolute gun. Even if he made 50 runs collectively for the rest of the year, I would still say he is the best in the VTCA by heaps..

-Never saw Timms though.

Porter is very good, Rutley pretty good..

Are you the up and comer from Douttas?

considering hammerhead gave himself a plug, who is the best up and comer going round. guerra from keilor?

NorthClubsDontPayPlayers;294248 said:
Sounds like a fantastic idea. Who are some of the other Lancs boys out here? Mullaney? Any others in the VTCA?

Yeah Mullaney, a few at St Kilda (Smith, Cross), Chilton at Melb Uni etc....

Just on the game, I know that Peter Siddle was penciled in for the Aussie side until he got a call up to the Test team. Bit of a let down for him having to play at the WACA rather than the hollowed turf of JBO!!

crazycricket;294352 said:
D.law
Timms
T.Lamb
Tupper
Osbourne

Add Cheetham in there. Plays 1st Class cricket in England and has 12 wickets at 8 so far this year.

NorthClubsDontPayPlayers;294248 said:
Sounds like a fantastic idea. Who are some of the other Lancs boys out here? Mullaney? Any others in the VTCA?

Yeah Mullaney, a few at St Kilda (Smith, Cross), Chilton at Melb Uni etc....

Just on the game, I know that Peter Siddle was penciled in for the Aussie side until he got a call up to the Test team. Bit of a let down for him having to play at the WACA rather than the hollowed turf of JBO!!

crazycricket;294352 said:
D.law
Timms
T.Lamb
Tupper
Osbourne

Add Cheetham in there. Plays 1st Class cricket in England and has 12 wickets at 8 so far this year.

Wayne White from McKinnon has been a pretty handy addition this season, more than adequete replacement for Mullaney.

Personally
Baker, Brown, Porter are the best 3 in Senior. It gets too hard from there.

Contessa is a gun but he rarely opens the bowling and has only ever batted 4 or 5. He has 80 innings in RV, 13 times at 4, 41 times at 5, 17 times at 6. Would love to see him get selfish and bat 1,2 or 3.

Wayne White from McKinnon has been a pretty handy addition this season, more than adequete replacement for Mullaney.

Personally
Baker, Brown, Porter are the best 3 in Senior. It gets too hard from there.

Contessa is a gun but he rarely opens the bowling and has only ever batted 4 or 5. He has 80 innings in RV, 13 times at 4, 41 times at 5, 17 times at 6. Would love to see him get selfish and bat 1,2 or 3.

Too Old Body Broke;294378 said:

Heres some Chat... How about the fact that you bowl cream pies, without the cream... Body is broke alright..

Too Old Body Broke;294378 said:

Heres some Chat... How about the fact that you bowl cream pies, without the cream... Body is broke alright..

Vicious and Well Directed;294359 said:
Wouldn't think Tupper is there on form at the moment.

Gallage, Mullins, Hignett, Tillakeratne are some more.

Glen Mills from Willy CY's. Best spinner in Senior A @ 44 years young.

Vicious and Well Directed;294359 said:
Wouldn't think Tupper is there on form at the moment.

Gallage, Mullins, Hignett, Tillakeratne are some more.

Glen Mills from Willy CY's. Best spinner in Senior A @ 44 years young.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back