VTCA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: VTCA Thread

JUSTCALLME X;294780 said:
For the umpteenth time, can we move on from the Lamb discussion????? Start another forum if everyone is going to talk about him an Maccabi!

What is everyones thought for a start this week? I think its highly unlikely.

Todays Lamb. Tomorrows mutton.:D

JUSTCALLME X;294780 said:
For the umpteenth time, can we move on from the Lamb discussion????? Start another forum if everyone is going to talk about him an Maccabi!

What is everyones thought for a start this week? I think its highly unlikely.

Todays Lamb. Tomorrows mutton.:D

Gavone;294929 said:
As a famous Sunshine/Hoppers ex-coach used to say, "water will always find its own level".

Never a wiser word spoken.

NorthClubsDontPayPlayers;294754 said:
I hate to keep coming back to this but I can't let this ignorant sledge go by without returning serve.

Won an award for MCC's best young player. When put up to the Ones was batted at 7 or 8 behind the likes of Baldwin, Kent, Hodge and McDonald whehn they played. I don't know what it was like at South but Tom Donnell also left there, no doubt South was a sinking ship when both Lamb and Donnell played there, with no future at Albert Pk.

Again, I hate to keep coming back to talking abaout this as I think everyone is over it, but I also think you can show a bit more respect than your comment.
Gee arn't we sensitive. How long were you on the tit for, before you were weaned?

Gavone;294929 said:
As a famous Sunshine/Hoppers ex-coach used to say, "water will always find its own level".

NorthClubsDontPayPlayers;294754 said:
I hate to keep coming back to this but I can't let this ignorant sledge go by without returning serve.

Won an award for MCC's best young player. When put up to the Ones was batted at 7 or 8 behind the likes of Baldwin, Kent, Hodge and McDonald whehn they played. I don't know what it was like at South but Tom Donnell also left there, no doubt South was a sinking ship when both Lamb and Donnell played there, with no future at Albert Pk.

Again, I hate to keep coming back to talking abaout this as I think everyone is over it, but I also think you can show a bit more respect than your comment.
Gee arn't we sensitive. How long were you on the tit for, before you were weaned?

Imnotgoing2lie2u;295008 said:
You cannot deny that on glovework ability Weinstock should have been inta state side.

I am sick of hearing 'this guy could have been this, or he could have been that". Its the same in football - "i knew a guy who should be playing for carlton if he stuck with it"...... fact is they didnt, they are not at that level so let it go!

Imnotgoing2lie2u;295008 said:
You cannot deny that on glovework ability Weinstock should have been inta state side.

I am sick of hearing 'this guy could have been this, or he could have been that". Its the same in football - "i knew a guy who should be playing for carlton if he stuck with it"...... fact is they didnt, they are not at that level so let it go!

JUSTCALLME X;295354 said:

Love how opinion is being passed off as irrefutable fact as well.

While the honest spelling bee champ googles for images of Ajax players to go on his bedroom wall, he might want to look up Darren Berry - it may explain why his boy Jono never made it.

Anyway, any chance we can talk about cricket for this weekend?

JUSTCALLME X;295354 said:

While the honest spelling bee champ googles for images of Ajax players to go on his bedroom wall, he might want to look up Darren Berry - it may explain why his boy Jono never made it.

southern sledge;295383 said:
The South has had more rain today, some decks might struggle to come up

Just called past Spotty and the wicket is coming up a treat, albeit still just a little soft. Light roller today and "Big Bertha" tomorrow. Helps alot when you have someone of the ilk of Lenny Robbins Snr now helping out.The man has a wealth of knowledge on turf. Gets very, very excited when asked questions like "what type of blade is that grass there Len"?!!! We are very lucky to have him. Training turf wickets are getting better, but are still a bit up and down.

What will the call be? Report to grounds surely?

southern sledge;295383 said:
The South has had more rain today, some decks might struggle to come up

Just called past Spotty and the wicket is coming up a treat, albeit still just a little soft. Light roller today and "Big Bertha" tomorrow. Helps alot when you have someone of the ilk of Lenny Robbins Snr now helping out.The man has a wealth of knowledge on turf. Gets very, very excited when asked questions like "what type of blade is that grass there Len"?!!! We are very lucky to have him. Training turf wickets are getting better, but are still a bit up and down.

Too Old Body Broke;295393 said:

would have too be, with little rain forecast between now and saturday

Too Old Body Broke;295393 said:

would have too be, with little rain forecast between now and saturday

Vicious and Well Directed;295372 said:

Your grade looks interesting this week.

Strathy should break through for a win this week, Beauy are strugglinga nd a few boys in their ones are either past it, or not ready.

St Bernards and Willy to both win away, and MHSOB to knock off United in a 1 dayer.

Vicious and Well Directed;295372 said:

Strathy should break through for a win this week, Beauy are strugglinga nd a few boys in their ones are either past it, or not ready.

St Bernards and Willy to both win away, and MHSOB to knock off United in a 1 dayer.

NorthClubsDontPayPlayers;295403 said:

Strathmore are an enigma at the moment, but you'd hope they knocked off Beauy. Apart from Hignett and Harrison, who is fairly underrated in the comp - I reckon he goes alright, they don't seem to have too much.

St Bernards are top notch, would think they have the best bowling attack in the grade. Should see them roll through Bentleigh fairly comfortably I'd think.

Druids showed they can get runs against a decent attack out at Hoppers last round so this one will be really interesting I'd think. CY's shaping up as the benchmark though.

Will be interesting just to see if MHSOB can last the 40 overs or post over 100. Didn't manage to do that in two digs last game. Last weeks team isn't on mycricket (!?) but the week before Taylor didn't play. He'd be fairly crucial to their batting depth. Reckon they can win though, no Boddington this year and Billy Blair a year older is probably hurt them a bit.

Hoppers boys will be smashing cans in the bus on the way back over the Westgate post victory. Would be a quality trip home, Timms the designated driver...

Brighton should get over the line, but Chelt were surprising last week. Obviously some boys read bigcricket and were fairly fired up and the spray they coped from Bentleigh mid-match. Rookie error that!

Enjoy the Christmas break!

NorthClubsDontPayPlayers;295403 said:

Strathmore are an enigma at the moment, but you'd hope they knocked off Beauy. Apart from Hignett and Harrison, who is fairly underrated in the comp - I reckon he goes alright, they don't seem to have too much.

St Bernards are top notch, would think they have the best bowling attack in the grade. Should see them roll through Bentleigh fairly comfortably I'd think.

Druids showed they can get runs against a decent attack out at Hoppers last round so this one will be really interesting I'd think. CY's shaping up as the benchmark though.

Will be interesting just to see if MHSOB can last the 40 overs or post over 100. Didn't manage to do that in two digs last game. Last weeks team isn't on mycricket (!?) but the week before Taylor didn't play. He'd be fairly crucial to their batting depth. Reckon they can win though, no Boddington this year and Billy Blair a year older is probably hurt them a bit.

Hoppers boys will be smashing cans in the bus on the way back over the Westgate post victory. Would be a quality trip home, Timms the designated driver...

Brighton should get over the line, but Chelt were surprising last week. Obviously some boys read bigcricket and were fairly fired up and the spray they coped from Bentleigh mid-match. Rookie error that!

Enjoy the Christmas break!

Apparently the VTCA have told clubs that covers are optional for this weekend given the varying states of wickets across the city. Up to each club/curator if they want to put the covers on... Hopefully every club adopts the decision the way it was intended and aims to get a start.

Supposedly not meant to rain tonight or tomorrow, but that's putting a lot of faith in the BoM.

Apparently the VTCA have told clubs that covers are optional for this weekend given the varying states of wickets across the city. Up to each club/curator if they want to put the covers on... Hopefully every club adopts the decision the way it was intended and aims to get a start.

Supposedly not meant to rain tonight or tomorrow, but that's putting a lot of faith in the BoM.

century scorer;294509 said:
He must of bowled plenty of pies to Patcholi,Taylor and Bronca
then.
Don't why you people keep picking on my son leave him alone? He is a very nice boy with a kind heart and massive man boobs and no bum! As for that petrolium fella that opens the batting is he there for anything more than cannon fodder to take the shine off for the others at that club? He clearly has eaten more pies than he has made runs and has a massive strike rate at the afternoon teas so i'm told??

century scorer;294509 said:
He must of bowled plenty of pies to Patcholi,Taylor and Bronca
then.
Don't why you people keep picking on my son leave him alone? He is a very nice boy with a kind heart and massive man boobs and no bum! As for that petrolium fella that opens the batting is he there for anything more than cannon fodder to take the shine off for the others at that club? He clearly has eaten more pies than he has made runs and has a massive strike rate at the afternoon teas so i'm told??

Gavone;294929 said:

And as the famous Philosopher Rab C Nesbitt stated that Dog Sh*t will always end up on the soles of your shoes so what does that mean?

Gavone;294929 said:

And as the famous Philosopher Rab C Nesbitt stated that Dog Sh*t will always end up on the soles of your shoes so what does that mean?

Vicious and Well Directed;295455 said:
Chelt were surprising last week. Obviously some boys read bigcricket and were fairly fired up and the spray they coped from Bentleigh mid-match. Rookie error that!

Yeah, that would be the reason why Cheltenham won last round, nothing to do with the fact that Bentleigh dropped 6 catches and weren't good enough to defend 227 against a team who's previous highest score this season was 190 after having them 6-141.

I would have thought it's quite obvious that anyone who claims to be from Bentleigh on this site is not telling the truth.

Vicious and Well Directed;295455 said:
Chelt were surprising last week. Obviously some boys read bigcricket and were fairly fired up and the spray they coped from Bentleigh mid-match. Rookie error that!

Yeah, that would be the reason why Cheltenham won last round, nothing to do with the fact that Bentleigh dropped 6 catches and weren't good enough to defend 227 against a team who's previous highest score this season was 190 after having them 6-141.

I would have thought it's quite obvious that anyone who claims to be from Bentleigh on this site is not telling the truth.

crazycricket;294381 said:
considering hammerhead gave himself a plug, who is the best up and comer going round. guerra from keilor?

t jones from yarraville club, ver good player, bad run of luck... and would say b pope but unfortunate injury cut short his season b4 christmas...

don't forghet the other kid at keilor, dixon, has made a fe runs this year.

umm and there's 1 at south caulfield i think...
can anyone verify

crazycricket;294381 said:
considering hammerhead gave himself a plug, who is the best up and comer going round. guerra from keilor?

t jones from yarraville club, ver good player, bad run of luck... and would say b pope but unfortunate injury cut short his season b4 christmas...

don't forghet the other kid at keilor, dixon, has made a fe runs this year.

umm and there's 1 at south caulfield i think...
can anyone verify

a few questions...
1. what the hell happened with airport west?????????

2. the drawn game, how did it go down, and will it really make a difference seeing as both sides are 1 and 2

3. KEILOR in the 4 wow, i thought they would have had no chance, and south caulfield at 6 with spotty and mackinnon ahead of them?????

4. Heard a rumour that Hampton sent Keilor in to bat on a peach of a deck.....

5 after seeing the ladder at the end of the pre-christmas period, and having a look at the fixture, what does everyone think the ladder will look like at the end of the year???

i reckon it'll stay exactly the same with just a few places chopped and changed, any thoughts????

a few questions...

2. the drawn game, how did it go down, and will it really make a difference seeing as both sides are 1 and 2

3. KEILOR in the 4 wow, i thought they would have had no chance, and south caulfield at 6 with spotty and mackinnon ahead of them?????

5 after seeing the ladder at the end of the pre-christmas period, and having a look at the fixture, what does everyone think the ladder will look like at the end of the year???

i reckon it'll stay exactly the same with just a few places chopped and changed, any thoughts????

cherried_lid;296890 said:
a few questions...

1. No one cares.

2. No one gives a sh!t about the top grade.

3. Merry Christmas

4. Hope you had a good Sunday on the gas. My spies tell me that a certain Southern president might have roped a few blokes out on the gas...

5. You want sport, you come to Jirrah Court.

cherried_lid;296890 said:
a few questions...

1. No one cares.

2. No one gives a sh!t about the top grade.

3. Merry Christmas

4. Hope you had a good Sunday on the gas. My spies tell me that a certain Southern president might have roped a few blokes out on the gas...

5. You want sport, you come to Jirrah Court.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back