VTCA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: VTCA Thread

Millhouse;210663 said:
The news from the wankers with the green trackies continues. Turner out on another bender and as a result told he was not to bat on day 2. Rumour has it he hasnt been seen around the club for a week and continues to get boozed everyday. President even fronted to the seconds to try and smooth things over!! Is this the end for Turner? May have a couple of mates on the outer with girl shoes Pacholli told to drop some weight and a massive blue at the club between the pres and tocka on sunday.

Further to that i was told, Turner and Pacholi last seen Sunday night leaving Druids, blind, after contract negotiations took place

Millhouse;210663 said:
The news from the wankers with the green trackies continues. Turner out on another bender and as a result told he was not to bat on day 2. Rumour has it he hasnt been seen around the club for a week and continues to get boozed everyday. President even fronted to the seconds to try and smooth things over!! Is this the end for Turner? May have a couple of mates on the outer with girl shoes Pacholli told to drop some weight and a massive blue at the club between the pres and tocka on sunday.

Further to that i was told, Turner and Pacholi last seen Sunday night leaving Druids, blind, after contract negotiations took place

BakersDozen;210597 said:
He musta been under some pressure coming in at 6-300. What did he make in last years semi final ?
We'll fix up Kielor this weak and look forward to taking on Douttas the following weak, no-one should lose to south caulfield in a semi

If the Douttas selectors make a mess of the side like they did in last years semi they might be straight out...Absolute poo!!

BakersDozen;210597 said:
He musta been under some pressure coming in at 6-300. What did he make in last years semi final ?
We'll fix up Kielor this weak and look forward to taking on Douttas the following weak, no-one should lose to south caulfield in a semi

If the Douttas selectors make a mess of the side like they did in last years semi they might be straight out...Absolute poo!!

century scorer;210723 said:
Just looked up result,was down 2 bat at 11 your mail might be right millhouse,as 4 pres and tocka that carnt be right both respected family men,unless o,keefee told him 2 have hair cut and make over 4 finals.

i went by to watch the semi final last year to see the president of yccc with a hair cut and he looked well presented, must be finals tradition for committee at yccc. guessing he would do the same this year. talking about hair, they have a few blokes that seem to be abit light on top eg. baker, turner, pacholli, rooney.

century scorer;210723 said:
Just looked up result,was down 2 bat at 11 your mail might be right millhouse,as 4 pres and tocka that carnt be right both respected family men,unless o,keefee told him 2 have hair cut and make over 4 finals.

i went by to watch the semi final last year to see the president of yccc with a hair cut and he looked well presented, must be finals tradition for committee at yccc. guessing he would do the same this year. talking about hair, they have a few blokes that seem to be abit light on top eg. baker, turner, pacholli, rooney.

boinkeroo;210630 said:
Rumour has it sunshine druids are protesting Bentleigh about their use of covers. Photographic proof Bentleigh had covers on their wicket after 8:30, with blue sky overhead! Bentleigh to lose points, miss out on finals.

QUOTE]

I think you'll find that the photographic proof came from the boys down the highway from Brighton.

boinkeroo;210630 said:
Rumour has it sunshine druids are protesting Bentleigh about their use of covers. Photographic proof Bentleigh had covers on their wicket after 8:30, with blue sky overhead! Bentleigh to lose points, miss out on finals.

QUOTE]

I think you'll find that the photographic proof came from the boys down the highway from Brighton.

NorthClubsDontPayPlayers;210435 said:
all the keilor smartasses might be a bit quiet this week - seriusly u beat the bottom 4 sides and say your getting on a roll - what a joke.

as expected SCCC and YCCC win - good teams have a habit of doing that.

If beer tits Pixton is there leading wicket taker they must be in a little strife, still think they'll smack Yarraville though!

NorthClubsDontPayPlayers;210435 said:
all the keilor smartasses might be a bit quiet this week - seriusly u beat the bottom 4 sides and say your getting on a roll - what a joke.

as expected SCCC and YCCC win - good teams have a habit of doing that.

If beer tits Pixton is there leading wicket taker they must be in a little strife, still think they'll smack Yarraville though!

JohnTaylorstolemywallet;210742 said:
boinkeroo;210630 said:

QUOTE]

Who cares where it comes from, as long as it exists and the smug pricks from Bentleigh get the ass from finals. Unlikely though... Apparently they called and got the all clear from the association to leave the covers on.

boinkeroo;210630 said:

QUOTE]

Who cares where it comes from, as long as it exists and the smug pricks from Bentleigh get the ass from finals. Unlikely though... Apparently they called and got the all clear from the association to leave the covers on.

Finals have arrived. It's time for the real cricket to begin.

Semi-Final 1:
Doutta Stars v. South Caulfield

Doutta will have many selection drama's this week but will account for SCCC quite comfortably with whatever 11 players Captain BubbleButt selects. They have a lot of bases covered and Cat McKinley has finally made runs in a no pressure situation.

This game will be over with 60 overs to spare.

Poser No.1: What has happened to the South African/Pom? Will he be back?
Poser No.2: Will Viv Ion put rubbish removals before playing finals?

Semi-Final 2:
Yarraville Club v. Keilor

Until the last few rounds YCCC were the runaway leaders of the comp, but a couple of losses away have brought them back to the pack and they have relinquished top spot. Keilor after a few hiccups before xmas have been the form team in the new year.

Both sides match up well on paper and have a great recent rivalry but I'm tipping Keilor in a tight one to meet DSCC in the final.

Poser No.1: Will James McKay and Dean Paccoli resume their battle from earlier this year?
Poser No.2: Which Semi-Final will Lyndsy Howarth officiate in?
Poser No.3: Will the VTCA play the final in the South so the locals can see what a real game of cricket looks like?

Good luck to all those participating this week.

Semi-Final 1:

Doutta will have many selection drama's this week but will account for SCCC quite comfortably with whatever 11 players Captain BubbleButt selects. They have a lot of bases covered and Cat McKinley has finally made runs in a no pressure situation.

Semi-Final 2:

Until the last few rounds YCCC were the runaway leaders of the comp, but a couple of losses away have brought them back to the pack and they have relinquished top spot. Keilor after a few hiccups before xmas have been the form team in the new year.

Both sides match up well on paper and have a great recent rivalry but I'm tipping Keilor in a tight one to meet DSCC in the final.

Poser No.1: Will James McKay and Dean Paccoli resume their battle from earlier this year?
Poser No.3: Will the VTCA play the final in the South so the locals can see what a real game of cricket looks like?

Vicious and Well Directed;210771 said:

No such thing in the rules as an 'ok' from the association re: covers.
They can only refer to rule E.27 (written in invisible ink) that reads: In good conditions or at the discretion of the curator teams located behind centre rd safeways can play finals every year no matter how mediocre their performances.

Vicious and Well Directed;210771 said:

No such thing in the rules as an 'ok' from the association re: covers.
They can only refer to rule E.27 (written in invisible ink) that reads: In good conditions or at the discretion of the curator teams located behind centre rd safeways can play finals every year no matter how mediocre their performances.

Tubba LaBumba;210732 said:

They have got a hard task this week,16 into 11 dont go,some hard decisions will have 2 be made,might park myself under the Baker rotunder with clearance papers at the ready.

Tubba LaBumba;210732 said:

They have got a hard task this week,16 into 11 dont go,some hard decisions will have 2 be made,might park myself under the Baker rotunder with clearance papers at the ready.

century scorer;210792 said:

Any chance of telling us who these 16 players are? Surely ones not that little garden gnome Quentin Stuart is it?
Wasn't aware they named a rotunder after me, should be just enough room under it to fit me and my scorer in there!

century scorer;210792 said:

Any chance of telling us who these 16 players are? Surely ones not that little garden gnome Quentin Stuart is it?
Wasn't aware they named a rotunder after me, should be just enough room under it to fit me and my scorer in there!

BakersDozen;210798 said:

What about YCCC , they have 4 players who pick themselves then they have a raffle with 7 out of the remaining 29 players getting a game in the 1's.
Surely they couldnt do it for a final or could they ? 22 players are going to be very stiff this week at Hansen Reserve.

BakersDozen;210798 said:

What about YCCC , they have 4 players who pick themselves then they have a raffle with 7 out of the remaining 29 players getting a game in the 1's.
Surely they couldnt do it for a final or could they ? 22 players are going to be very stiff this week at Hansen Reserve.

NorthClubsDontPayPlayers;210804 said:
Glenister, Tate, Wigmore, Ion, McKinley, Stuart, Parry, Rutley, Tankard, Cooper, Green, Morris, Lamberti, Gray make 14 who are qualified. McFarlane only played the 2.

think youll find that mcfarlane snuck in for a sneaky game in the 2's with lamberti one week that may have went un noticed.. so he is qualified!
as for stuart, last time i saw him he was in a wheel chair and they were going to do a story on him on a current affair a couple of weeks back.

Glenister, Tate, Wigmore, Ion, McKinley, Stuart, Parry, Rutley, Tankard, Cooper, Green, Morris, Lamberti, Gray make 14 who are qualified. McFarlane only played the 2.

think youll find that mcfarlane snuck in for a sneaky game in the 2's with lamberti one week that may have went un noticed.. so he is qualified!
as for stuart, last time i saw him he was in a wheel chair and they were going to do a story on him on a current affair a couple of weeks back.

Is the DSCC website or big cricket website?

Is the DSCC website or big cricket website?

Glenister out with broken finger. Morris out with torn hammy. McFarlane will play. Parry with broken foot. Stuart doesnt make height regulations.
Query on Sager at SCCC , can anyone confirm or just BS ?

Glenister out with broken finger. Morris out with torn hammy. McFarlane will play. Parry with broken foot. Stuart doesnt make height regulations.

Slipper;210808 said:

most likely bs along with 95% of the dribble that is spoken on here!

Slipper;210808 said:

most likely bs along with 95% of the dribble that is spoken on here!

Sager took 5 on the weekend.
South A looks all over with Maccabi certainties unless Lamb and Weinstock are dismissed cheaply,then they might be in trouble with their soft attack.
Old Mentonians have been a surprise packet and if they get over Cheltenham could give MACC a run for their money,Cheltenham could be in trouble if pom Cheetham has gone home.
Murrumbeena were lucky to sneak in compliments of a last round outright to put the unpopular Port out of the finals,they must be hurting after paying for Piercy to fly backwards and forwards from Darwin every week,hear they are looking at flying in Shane Bond in from NZ next season and getting Khawaja into hospital for a arm straightning operation.

Sager took 5 on the weekend.
South A looks all over with Maccabi certainties unless Lamb and Weinstock are dismissed cheaply,then they might be in trouble with their soft attack.
Old Mentonians have been a surprise packet and if they get over Cheltenham could give MACC a run for their money,Cheltenham could be in trouble if pom Cheetham has gone home.
Murrumbeena were lucky to sneak in compliments of a last round outright to put the unpopular Port out of the finals,they must be hurting after paying for Piercy to fly backwards and forwards from Darwin every week,hear they are looking at flying in Shane Bond in from NZ next season and getting Khawaja into hospital for a arm straightning operation.

BubbleButtRutts;210790 said:

Semi-Final 1:

Semi-Final 2:

Keilor the form team of the new year??? They've beaten no one & lost to the multi cultural society on the weekend. Form side my rear end!!!

BubbleButtRutts;210790 said:

Semi-Final 1:

Semi-Final 2:

Keilor the form team of the new year??? They've beaten no one & lost to the multi cultural society on the weekend. Form side my rear end!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back