VTCA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: VTCA Thread

been there done that;214098 said:
Correct ther Diz. I bet the team that wins won't be sooking about the wicket. It is now about which is the best team and who applies themselves the best. Surely this is what the gf is all about, regardless of conditions.:confused:

I have a feeling the curator got his dates wrong with St. Patricks day and took the "green" theme a tad too far.

It would seem the pitch was prepared to last 4 days. Not saying whether that is right or (probably) wrong but that is my opinion as to why it was such a greentop last Saturday.

I don't think the wicket will be as green this week which should lead to an exciting first 2 hours on Saturday.

Look at the positives though, don't have to wait until Sunday night to get on it!

been there done that;214098 said:
Correct ther Diz. I bet the team that wins won't be sooking about the wicket. It is now about which is the best team and who applies themselves the best. Surely this is what the gf is all about, regardless of conditions.:confused:

I have a feeling the curator got his dates wrong with St. Patricks day and took the "green" theme a tad too far.

It would seem the pitch was prepared to last 4 days. Not saying whether that is right or (probably) wrong but that is my opinion as to why it was such a greentop last Saturday.

I don't think the wicket will be as green this week which should lead to an exciting first 2 hours on Saturday.

Look at the positives though, don't have to wait until Sunday night to get on it!

been there done that;214097 said:
Unless you are out there playing, how can you comment on the wicket?? Who's to say that there were bad shot selection/pressure etc causing low scores?? Couldn't have been too bad with Doutta being 4 fa not many and ending up with 255?? The game is made for batsmen! About time we see a fair contest with bat and ball. @| I think this has made for a great finish. May the best side win.

So when Keilor write up the complaint ,and Douttas sign it AND the umpire is giving the wicket 1/10 , do you think that says enough about the wicket ?? Why 4 inches of grass is left on the wicket is beyond me.
255 was made because of Ion's class ,not many batsmen in vtca could have played that sort of knock in that situation.
Just ask Porter what he thought of the pitch after his dismissal......

Unless you are out there playing, how can you comment on the wicket?? Who's to say that there were bad shot selection/pressure etc causing low scores?? Couldn't have been too bad with Doutta being 4 fa not many and ending up with 255?? The game is made for batsmen! About time we see a fair contest with bat and ball. @| I think this has made for a great finish. May the best side win.

So when Keilor write up the complaint ,and Douttas sign it AND the umpire is giving the wicket 1/10 , do you think that says enough about the wicket ?? Why 4 inches of grass is left on the wicket is beyond me.
255 was made because of Ion's class ,not many batsmen in vtca could have played that sort of knock in that situation.
Just ask Porter what he thought of the pitch after his dismissal......

Javid Miandmum;214102 said:

yeah i hope my game gets wrapped up on saturday so i can celebrate or commiserate on saturday night rather than sunday night.... always feel guilty taking a sickie when i know it's been self inflicted :D

Javid Miandmum;214102 said:

yeah i hope my game gets wrapped up on saturday so i can celebrate or commiserate on saturday night rather than sunday night.... always feel guilty taking a sickie when i know it's been self inflicted :D

DizzyGillepsie;214089 said:
according to my knowledge, the hobsons bay city council is responsible for the deck at spotswood

Correct Hobsons Bay are in charge of the wicket.. There wouldnt have been a problem as the pitch was meant to be cut on friday! After some morning rain the curator put the mower aside and was going to come back to cut it when the rain stopped! The curator went down to the petrol station to get some smokes and a meat pie and when he came back there was an empty can of Fosters Lager where he had left the mower. The curator from a distance saw someone in a green tracksuit walking away with the mower. The curator thought it was just one of the spotty boys as they have green tracksuits.

At the police station we recieved a call Saturday afternoon from Mrs Turner. She told us that her husband bought in slab of fosters on a lawn mower last night. She screamed at him "where did you get that mower from Gary" and "smackas" shrugged his shoulders and slapped her across the face for yelling at him while he was nursing a nasty hang over from the night before.

We believe this mower belongs to Hobsons Bay city council and we can assure you it will be returned and that the grass will be cut for day 3 of the G.F.

DizzyGillepsie;214089 said:
according to my knowledge, the hobsons bay city council is responsible for the deck at spotswood

Correct Hobsons Bay are in charge of the wicket.. There wouldnt have been a problem as the pitch was meant to be cut on friday! After some morning rain the curator put the mower aside and was going to come back to cut it when the rain stopped! The curator went down to the petrol station to get some smokes and a meat pie and when he came back there was an empty can of Fosters Lager where he had left the mower. The curator from a distance saw someone in a green tracksuit walking away with the mower. The curator thought it was just one of the spotty boys as they have green tracksuits.

At the police station we recieved a call Saturday afternoon from Mrs Turner. She told us that her husband bought in slab of fosters on a lawn mower last night. She screamed at him "where did you get that mower from Gary" and "smackas" shrugged his shoulders and slapped her across the face for yelling at him while he was nursing a nasty hang over from the night before.

We believe this mower belongs to Hobsons Bay city council and we can assure you it will be returned and that the grass will be cut for day 3 of the G.F.

No way Turner would have slapped his wife. He might have dropped a can!!
Just a quick update on the Turner file. Was last seen in a punch up Saturday night asking if he could hold anybodies drinks. His mate Patcholli was asleep in a bin at the time and his fat replacement Taylor was observed eating the contents out of said bin. Good luck to Keilor on the weekend especially the blokes with ropes burns already from the past couple of Grannies waiting to go out, I'm mean bat. Ha Ha. Where's Henry???????

Just a quick update on the Turner file. Was last seen in a punch up Saturday night asking if he could hold anybodies drinks. His mate Patcholli was asleep in a bin at the time and his fat replacement Taylor was observed eating the contents out of said bin. Good luck to Keilor on the weekend especially the blokes with ropes burns already from the past couple of Grannies waiting to go out, I'm mean bat. Ha Ha. Where's Henry???????

No More Moose Please;214078 said:
Wicket was a disgrace for a Grand Final. They should never be allowed to host the Senior Division Grand Final again.

Bit puzzling why Douttas batted 1st on a raving seamer.

Ion has looked a class above anyone else on that deck. Probably only played & missed at 2 balls for the day.

If curator prepares the same wicket for day 3 (& he is supposed too) then Douttas will win easily. Otherwise, it may go down to the wire like 3 years ago.

Can someone tell me why the GF wasnt played at Hansen res ? No games their at all,does Yccc charge ground rental? If not could someone tell us the reason why both grounds arent played on i made a swash buckling century their back in 69 i think?

No More Moose Please;214078 said:
Wicket was a disgrace for a Grand Final. They should never be allowed to host the Senior Division Grand Final again.

Bit puzzling why Douttas batted 1st on a raving seamer.

Ion has looked a class above anyone else on that deck. Probably only played & missed at 2 balls for the day.

If curator prepares the same wicket for day 3 (& he is supposed too) then Douttas will win easily. Otherwise, it may go down to the wire like 3 years ago.

Can someone tell me why the GF wasnt played at Hansen res ? No games their at all,does Yccc charge ground rental? If not could someone tell us the reason why both grounds arent played on i made a swash buckling century their back in 69 i think?

superfreak;214093 said:
is he still 'no gun'? 27 wickets against the three other finalists. a hattrick in the semi on the way to 6/42 then 4 wickets in 5 balls in the GF on the way to 6/40. not bad for a bloke who is 'no gun' ;)

We are all prophets after the fact.

superfreak;214093 said:
is he still 'no gun'? 27 wickets against the three other finalists. a hattrick in the semi on the way to 6/42 then 4 wickets in 5 balls in the GF on the way to 6/40. not bad for a bloke who is 'no gun' ;)

We are all prophets after the fact.

Millhouse;214119 said:

Just did the local ring around to fellow publicans and please to report Yccc,Avondale still going strong no word on turner,but a couple of his teammates were seen outside the waterloo.

Millhouse;214119 said:

Just did the local ring around to fellow publicans and please to report Yccc,Avondale still going strong no word on turner,but a couple of his teammates were seen outside the waterloo.

century scorer;214121 said:

Brains at the council decided to rip up the car park or was it that YCCC decided to pave it in gold and name it Turner Drive??

Seriously good job by the council lots of pre planning went into the renos especially when you try and get an ambulance in!! Knobs!!!!!

century scorer;214121 said:

Brains at the council decided to rip up the car park or was it that YCCC decided to pave it in gold and name it Turner Drive??

Seriously good job by the council lots of pre planning went into the renos especially when you try and get an ambulance in!! Knobs!!!!!

The Publican;214123 said:
Whisper is that poor old bakes had his lunch cut again with the scorer?? Last seen knawing on a homeless person with Johnny Taylors much fatter hooked nosed brother??

The Publican;214123 said:
Whisper is that poor old bakes had his lunch cut again with the scorer?? Last seen knawing on a homeless person with Johnny Taylors much fatter hooked nosed brother??

thepmwearsgreentrackiesto;212325 said:
Keilors best player of the game = porter
YCCC best player of the game = Fraser. what a good pick up he was. bloke couldnt catch a cold.

Douttas best player= Fraser had a good finals series 0,0 did he drop any catches this week?

thepmwearsgreentrackiesto;212325 said:
Keilors best player of the game = porter
YCCC best player of the game = Fraser. what a good pick up he was. bloke couldnt catch a cold.

Douttas best player= Fraser had a good finals series 0,0 did he drop any catches this week?

century scorer;214126 said:

Rumour was that after the semi Keilor wanted to drop him but crusty the clown was not qualified? ha ha Seriously you are very welcome at Hoppers Lee we drop everything but mostly semi finals!!

century scorer;214126 said:

Rumour was that after the semi Keilor wanted to drop him but crusty the clown was not qualified? ha ha Seriously you are very welcome at Hoppers Lee we drop everything but mostly semi finals!!

Millhouse;214124 said:

What does the carpark run through the middle of the ground?Hobson Bay + Maribyrnong council should recriut John SO ?

Millhouse;214124 said:

What does the carpark run through the middle of the ground?Hobson Bay + Maribyrnong council should recriut John SO ?

century scorer;214129 said:

Who cares? That Turner bloke was probably sleeping there and they didn't want a fuss considering the drunken stink that follows him around (Patcholli)!

century scorer;214129 said:

Who cares? That Turner bloke was probably sleeping there and they didn't want a fuss considering the drunken stink that follows him around (Patcholli)!

I saw the wicket before the start of play. You don't have to be Einstein to work out what happens when there is a raving green top & quality pace bowlers in Hutchinson, McKay, Tankard & Green.

Players from both sides couldn't put bat on ball with only Ion in 2nd innings adapting to conditions.

I agree about a fair contest between bat & ball. This wasn't that though.

Lets hope for similar pitch conditions so the game is played on an even keel on the 2nd weekend.

I saw the wicket before the start of play. You don't have to be Einstein to work out what happens when there is a raving green top & quality pace bowlers in Hutchinson, McKay, Tankard & Green.

Players from both sides couldn't put bat on ball with only Ion in 2nd innings adapting to conditions.

I agree about a fair contest between bat & ball. This wasn't that though.

Lets hope for similar pitch conditions so the game is played on an even keel on the 2nd weekend.

QuackQuack;214003 said:
Young Foulds played the innings of his life to put Strathmore in a strong position against the Keilor Seconds.(103n/o)

Foulds came in at no.3 when Strathmore were 2 for not many and has put us in an unbackable position. WE CAN NOT LOSE FROM HERE !!!!

5/198 Chasing 289!!!!! We have this wrapped up!!!!

Come and see us win the 2nds GF !!!

Go MORES !!!!!:D :D :D

With Tupper out early and the egan still in hasnt made much this season (best 65) egan also made 12 and 9 last time he played em
also have a look at the last 5 bats , last time they played airport west

L Howard b 0
A Steel lbw 0
C Dunlop not out 14
N Pantland c 12
D Brigham c 14

40 . odd runs bewteen em .

still its a grannie anything can happen@|

QuackQuack;214003 said:
Young Foulds played the innings of his life to put Strathmore in a strong position against the Keilor Seconds.(103n/o)

Foulds came in at no.3 when Strathmore were 2 for not many and has put us in an unbackable position. WE CAN NOT LOSE FROM HERE !!!!

With Tupper out early and the egan still in hasnt made much this season (best 65) egan also made 12 and 9 last time he played em

L Howard b 0
A Steel lbw 0
C Dunlop not out 14
N Pantland c 12
D Brigham c 14

QuackQuack;214003 said:

gee some one is nice and keen... ive watched strathmore 2's a few times this year.. dont think they have much left in the shed with 91 still to get... keilor bowled well considering the conditions.. and what a poor out field.. if u wanna go to the beach this weekend just come down to syd magain oval and play in the sand.. i'd just love to see strathmore get rolled by 1 run for there cockness.

QuackQuack;214003 said:

gee some one is nice and keen... ive watched strathmore 2's a few times this year.. dont think they have much left in the shed with 91 still to get... keilor bowled well considering the conditions.. and what a poor out field.. if u wanna go to the beach this weekend just come down to syd magain oval and play in the sand.. i'd just love to see strathmore get rolled by 1 run for there cockness.

Having been able to sit back and watch it all on the weekend that is the sort of call the Keilor spirit might thrive on. Not that they would have needed any more motivation, but statements like "We can not lose from here" are made so that they can bite you on your bubblebutt you turkey...I hope for your sake the Scoobs run through those 'Mores like some industry strength Mylanta! :eek:

Having been able to sit back and watch it all on the weekend that is the sort of call the Keilor spirit might thrive on. Not that they would have needed any more motivation, but statements like "We can not lose from here" are made so that they can bite you on your bubblebutt you turkey...I hope for your sake the Scoobs run through those 'Mores like some industry strength Mylanta! :eek:

random_guy;214138 said:

L Howard b 0
A Steel lbw 0
C Dunlop not out 14
N Pantland c 12
D Brigham c 14

i heard still didnt do much better last week either against keilor. decieded to run to wen the fielder had the ball in his hands.. dont think you can get much smarter then that in the 3rd over of there innings.. dont think he is all there.

random_guy;214138 said:

L Howard b 0
A Steel lbw 0
C Dunlop not out 14
N Pantland c 12
D Brigham c 14

i heard still didnt do much better last week either against keilor. decieded to run to wen the fielder had the ball in his hands.. dont think you can get much smarter then that in the 3rd over of there innings.. dont think he is all there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back