VTCA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: VTCA Thread

Cash Man;226775 said:
Didn't get on with Hall but he got on well with Simpson and the SCCC boys last season. Strange move though. If it was about the cash he'd be heading somewhere else altogether.
Who does get on with Hall,why carnt Mckinnon ever use home grown players

Surprised Lancashire have let Mullaney come back for another year....thought he might have stayed at home and rested.Seems to have been injured a lot last few seasons!

getonthetigertrain;226869 said:
heard a rumour aberfeldie have sacked their coach and replaced him with mathew nyhas, can anyone confirm. if this is true they are in a lot of trouble

very true and is leaving the club, not a nice way to treat a coach of 2 years

sledger1976;226991 said:
looks like the coach is going down to Craigieburn to play with his mate Baker.

played against baker when he was at abers, didn't know he had any mates, just mouthed off all the time

springbox;227010 said:
played against baker when he was at abers, didn't know he had any mates, just mouthed off all the time

i think Baker is one of them guys you either love him or hate him but from what i've been told he will always stand by his mates.

Iwannause Yadunny;226870 said:
Here's a future headline "Vic Chand walks out" (Won't predict what round)

Why would APW bother with Chand. Surely he won't bowl in front of Brown, Jones, Taylor and Macumber. If he doesn't get the new ball he will spit it.
The guy has swapped clubs mid season on a number of times. |@

i didn't think jones was playing at airport west this coming season.

Javid Miandmum;226584 said:
As DSCC been recruiting up Darwin way again and will they have the services of Ion all year or just have him play the last 3 games to qualify for finals again? This rule needs to be changed!

Very true!!! Should only make it one game, then Viv can just stroll in last week of Feb, have a one game tune up & dominate finals again.

All, for it!!!
@|

Upto 5 years ago the VTCA used to be a great comp. Now through the blatant cheating of some of the North teams the comp is in tatters.

The North dont care about the rules, with some of the clubs thinking they are bigger than the comp
The South don't want to travel as they think the North are cheats
The Committee don't have any ba!!s to enforce some of the rules

We had a huge chance to overtake the Sub District comp, but now we are on the verge of a split.

The league needs to do something before it is too late

TheNorthHasRuinedTheVTCA;227788 said:
Upto 5 years ago the VTCA used to be a great comp. Now through the blatant cheating of some of the North teams the comp is in tatters.

The North dont care about the rules, with some of the clubs thinking they are bigger than the comp

We had a huge chance to overtake the Sub District comp, but now we are on the verge of a split.

The VTCA need a new executive commttee. The same clowns have been running it for too long. Problem is there is no one new putting their hand up.

The subbies have got the same problem with paid players - get over it. South sides just need to stand up and do something about their rubbish teams instead of complaining.

Agree with most of your post.

Blatant cheating is a known problem. Not sure how to police the 2 paid player rule, this i do not have an answer for. But, something needs to happen very quickly.

As for north sides thinking they are bigger than the comp, I dont think that is the case. IMO I think it is more a case of most clubs knowing that it is obvious there are more than 2 paid players at most clubs. This has led to an if you cant beat em join em scenario. As for the south not wanting to travel because the north are cheats, sounds like a school kid not wanting to go to school because he/she is not as good/clever as the other kids!!

As previously stated in 1 of my earlier posts, our standard of cricket (the top 4-6 sides in Senior) would be very competitive against what I saw in the Subbies granny last year. Is it because of the $$ we spend? Possibly and probably.

Anyone else with thoughts.....

Something needs to be done I agree, but I do not have the answers. So until the Executive have any balls/answers, it is play on.

Here we go again - same crap - different day
whinge, whinge, whinge
Instead of weeping over your lattee or glass of red, maybe it's time for a couple of you southern sooks to have a look at the way your clubs operate, get of your collective arses together, become proactive and have a crack.

Noticed on the VTCA website that the AGM is Monday night - if you're fair dincum, put your hand up to go on the executive and make things happen.

Don't think any of that will happen, and we will be reading this same crap this time next year.

Does anyone know of a good club to play at over in England? Or just a league to go to?

I would think i'll go to London. Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back