VTCA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: VTCA Thread

underarm bowler;266163 said:
should be a fixed amount of points for teams that win the match, say 20 points......and bonus points should relate to the team that loses...so they still get something from the match.although may prove difficult if a team is going for an outright!
just proves a bit of a joke when a team has lost or won and still has to play the rest of the match out...say 10 overs! any thoughts.

Not sure about that one underarm bowler. Possibly the worst rule in the VTCA is that if you're good enough to bowl a team out with a few overs to go, you have to go out and bat for how ever many overs are left. That's a joke. The batsmen who have to see off the two or three overs have nothing to gain, cop a barrage of sledging from the blokes who got knocked over during the day while the bowlers come in with a full head of steam and if the snare a couple of wickets it can be game over!! Three overs should be lost for a change over.

InGoodTouch;266205 said:
Not sure about that one underarm bowler. Possibly the worst rule in the VTCA is that if you're good enough to bowl a team out with a few overs to go, you have to go out and bat for how ever many overs are left. That's a joke. The batsmen who have to see off the two or three overs have nothing to gain, cop a barrage of sledging from the blokes who got knocked over during the day while the bowlers come in with a full head of steam and if the snare a couple of wickets it can be game over!! Three overs should be lost for a change over.

Taking the MMVCA as an example, you get 6 a win 10 an outright no bonus points. Before you hounds start barking, the key to the whole thing is that if there is no chance of an outright win on the second day evryone has a beer at 4.30 rather than crack the sads at 6.30 every Saturday when we are still trying to get through the overs. It seems to work as the best 4 sides always make the finals. If you lose the game why should you be given anything, how good would it be for guys in Senior and Senior A being able to get back to the club at a reasonable hour win or lose. It's certainly worth some consideration don't you think boys?

crazycricket;266064 said:
clearly he is not sticking up for douttas, he sticking up for north clubs.
you got to know by now mate, no one will ever stick up for a club who has their head up their arse

You blokes havent even played a game in Senior Div and you have a go at us, the nerve !
To correct you , Keilor did stick up for us , to no avail , so not everyone shares your view.(alot will )
You've even predicted APW for top 4 when they've been wallowing in lower divs for so long, time will tell.From what i've heard ,no doubt they'll be competitive.If we do get a start rd 1 , you might change your mind as i'm sure our blokes WILL hang around for a few beers ,win or lose ,unlike alot of other clubs.

Guru14;266212 said:
Taking the MMVCA as an example, you get 6 a win 10 an outright no bonus points. Before you hounds start barking, the key to the whole thing is that if there is no chance of an outright win on the second day evryone has a beer at 4.30 rather than crack the sads at 6.30 every Saturday when we are still trying to get through the overs. It seems to work as the best 4 sides always make the finals. If you lose the game why should you be given anything, how good would it be for guys in Senior and Senior A being able to get back to the club at a reasonable hour win or lose. It's certainly worth some consideration don't you think boys?

I think most people would agree with you Guru14. Problem is that the Executive see it as something unique that separates the VTCA from all other competitions. So it will never change with the current bunch of buffoons on the Executive.

Also agree with InGoodTouch regarding 3 over change overs. Oppositions playing YCCC may disagree though, Bakes seems to find those 3 overs as a good chance to get 20 not out.

Cash Man;266224 said:
I think most people would agree with you Guru14. Problem is that the Executive see it as something unique that separates the VTCA from all other competitions. So it will never change with the current bunch of buffoons on the Executive.

Also agree with InGoodTouch regarding 3 over change overs. Oppositions playing YCCC may disagree though, Bakes seems to find those 3 overs as a good chance to get 20 not out.

baker always loves playing us (youlden parkville) when theres 3 overs left... he gets close to smashing a half-century nearly every time!! ;)

Has another side withdrawn from North B, as the fixtures have been taken down. Having said that I believe they made an error with their original fixtures as they didn't have every side playing each other twice as was the plan. Does anyone have anything further on this as I don't think the B comp can afford for any more sides to drop out. A 7 side comp with a bye and playing a side from the south wouldn't be inviting at all. There needs to be some serious change if that's the case as it would make for a very boring season I would think for those sides playing.

Guru14;266548 said:
Has another side withdrawn from North B, as the fixtures have been taken down. Having said that I believe they made an error with their original fixtures as they didn't have every side playing each other twice as was the plan. Does anyone have anything further on this as I don't think the B comp can afford for any more sides to drop out. A 7 side comp with a bye and playing a side from the south wouldn't be inviting at all. There needs to be some serious change if that's the case as it would make for a very boring season I would think for those sides playing.

If that was the case, what would be your solution ?
You call yourself Guru, but you never have any answers.

Sniffin Around;266556 said:
If that was the case, what would be your solution ?
You call yourself Guru, but you never have any answers.

It would seem pretty straight forward to me!! Why would you not have 10 sides in each grade? Aberfeldie don't deserve to be given another chance to finish last in A1 and West Newport were lucky to go back to the Willi comp after their stint in the VTCA. Surely the powers that be need to look at the fixture now and the make up of the sides rather than wait till next year and drop 4. Given the results of last year Abers and Parkville District finished bottom 2 so they need to come back and even up the grades. North B1 is still a grade which first eleven sides play each other it's not a grade of mixs as happens in the MMVCA and I think the VTCA should treat it as just that. To me it's about ensuring the top 2 are given the upmost priority which is fine given they are usually the strongest local sides going around but the other 2 divisions get nothing. Why wouldn't you look at south, north A&B being determined geographically (hopefully I spelt that right) and having 10 teams in each. Would work for me and has worked with some of the football comps going back to this scenario. The subbies have 2 divisions with the winners of each division playing off in a grand final which you could also have with the winner having the opprtunity to go to senior A. You will find the comps would be very even and the prize to move up to some serious cricket a great incentive. Sniffin around I could talk to you at length on ways this scenario can be worked for all and sundry but we don't have that much time.:D

AbersChangedTeam;266578 said:
Opportunity We will wait to rnd 1 results actions speak louder than words.

Absolutely they do and your actions for the last 3 years makes me think they was no acton or words. Given the draw you are an ouside chance to win one before Xmas, I hope the club improves but it's not players so much as attitude and commitment. I couldn't believe that i was told the club would leave off covers on a Friday rather than get smashed the following day. Before you tell me it's not true my source is not reliable it's gospel!!
You guys probably need more than luck

Your right all gossip and right about commitment and attidude something that has changed and will continue to change the club has been in disaray and that why it will be changed this year with new inclusion and the people that want to be commited. What are the odds that we will get to win more than 1 game before xmas as it is a monty.

DizzyGillepsie;266617 said:
i think i've seen you play against spotty twice last season

ok. i remember those games... first one was in the threes early & second one in the twos late.

you were playing for spotswood or spectating??

AbersChangedTeam;266585 said:
Your right all gossip and right about commitment and attidude something that has changed and will continue to change the club has been in disaray and that why it will be changed this year with new inclusion and the people that want to be commited. What are the odds that we will get to win more than 1 game before xmas as it is a monty.

the great saviour as coach nyhas, could be worse than tim watson's coaching career

Will do a job a job that has need to be done at abers for along time we are all up for the challenge and are all committed to taking on challenge games will be one this year because of attitude and commitment because of the new people at club at those original people that are willing to put ion the hard and we WILL make the most of this opportunity

AbersChangedTeam;266653 said:
Will do a job a job that has need to be done at abers for along time we are all up for the challenge and are all committed to taking on challenge games will be one this year because of attitude and commitment because of the new people at club at those original people that are willing to put ion the hard and we WILL make the most of this opportunity

aberfeldie is the joke of the vtca, all they are are a bunch of pissheads who dont know cricket. they embarass themselves each week last year in every game they played.
and when you say new people at the club, surely you cannot be referring to people like p.singh

Fellas I've been reading your comments re the bonus points system with alot of interest. your comments have merrit, but miss one single most important fact. That is it encourages the playing of cricket until stumps on both days of a two day game. If a first innings result is achieved early on the second day it enables other players of both sides who perhaps did"nt go so well to step forward and redeem themselves . I seem to remember playing cricket because I enjoyed it. The bonus points system as far as I'M aware was not invented by the v.t.c.a. and as far as I can recall has been around since the seventies in one form or another. The 6 for a win and 10 for an outright is also a good system but is open to more abuse. I've seen some games abandoned as early as 3pm on the second day. Two teams 5th and 6th on the ladder needed 10 points to get in the four. They conspired that whoever won on first innings would be the outright winner. They filled out the score book accordingly and went home by 4pm. We owe it to our great game to keep it simple and to nuture it for the benefit of all. I must admit I have never been a fan of the 80 overs an innings game at junior club level. Mainly due to the fact that it encourages boring batting for the first 40 overs. I would prefer a 50 overs an innings one-day game. It would be more entertaining and I think it would encourage more supporters who would come along to see brighter cricket. underarm bowler 2988_ in good touch 2989_ guru 14 2990 _ cashman 2992.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back