VTCA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: VTCA Thread

Dingo_Jones;236061 said:
not sure that you are a good judge of a [quality] cricketer. scott douglas worked his way up to opening the batting at footscray 2nds then slipped to middle order. zaheer hussein after opening the batting at essendon 2nds has slipped to middle order 3rds with an average of less than 20.

If you looked at Zaheer's stats from the year before he did a lot better than that in the 2nds. Everyone can have a bad year for some reason or other. And dont forget he is only 17. In North A1 Im sure those of guys would do reasonably well.

Failing that, unless your going to keep outsourcing players, Im not sure any of your current batch of juniors have what it takes to hold down a spot in your 1st XI just yet.

OHHHHHHH NO BALL!!;236101 said:
If you looked at Zaheer's stats from the year before he did a lot better than that in the 2nds. Everyone can have a bad year for some reason or other. And dont forget he is only 17. In North A1 Im sure those of guys would do reasonably well.

Failing that, unless your going to keep outsourcing players, Im not sure any of your current batch of juniors have what it takes to hold down a spot in your 1st XI just yet.

I would take both Mick @|

7/564;236299 said:
I would take both Mick @|

i would have 'em @ our club as well. From what i'seen of these two kids both are very talented crickters with plenty of improvement still left especially Zaheer he's only 17, but i thought he was a Doutta Stars Junior with bRuce pell.

Uncel windows must have some players in his joint if he can afford to dismiss/outsource juniors like these which such disdain.Local clubs can only survive or have longterm success if they develop their own junior/local talent and keep 'em @ the club.Paying cricket mercenaries to bolster squads is not a long term answer, such blokes have no loyaly to the club.

ROY G BIV;236322 said:
i would have 'em @ our club as well. From what i'seen of these two kids both are very talented crickters with plenty of improvement still left especially Zaheer he's only 17, but i thought he was a Doutta Stars Junior with bRuce pell.

Uncel windows must have some players in his joint if he can afford to dismiss/outsource juniors like these which such disdain.Local clubs can only survive or have longterm success if they develop their own junior/local talent and keep 'em @ the club.Paying cricket mercenaries to bolster squads is not a long term answer, such blokes have no loyaly to the club.

Zaheer started at Avondale and left after the club couldn't field an U/14s team anymore. He moved to Douttas as he was mates with a few of their players through rep teams.

OHHHHHHH NO BALL!!;236101 said:

Touche. good point zaheer is still young. you incorrectly referred that I was from avondale. I'm retired and am with a senior 'A' club. I played most of my cricket in the f.c.a. I often have lunch at a hotel in spencer. st. and regularly chat with an 0ld timer from avondale. latest mail is scott douglas has allegedly been offered and accepted the captaincy of footscray premier thirds. why would zaheer and scot be wallowing around in the thirds playing tiddly winks cricket instead of playing 2nd's and heading north. if they don't want to play serious cricket they should go back to there respective clubs and play 'A' grade. thats what david zarodni and nick james have done, just to mention two. no small testicles there.

Has anybody heard of a club called, Wattle Cricket Club? And which competition it plays in please?

any idea which state? you could try "the goldeen wattle cricket club" joffre. st. healsville. 5962 2588. also I believe there is one in sth aust and also herberton QLD and sydney somewhere around bondi. but beware of the bondi cigar.

News from the green trackies. After a weekend on the coast training/drinking the is going to be an internal review at the club. Questions are being raised as to why when training on the beach on Saturday Greenpeace and the local coast guard were called to try and refloat messers Taylor and Petrolium and get them back out to sea. Club officials scoffed at suggestions that it was a set up from a disgruntled G.Turner. Turner was told that there were drinks on offer at BHP that night and apparently in a drunken stupour attended C.U.B. When asked to leave repeatedly by police he was heard screaming the he was there on invitation for the free grog. After several minutes of laughter he promptly wet himself and was taken back to the GILL for a good lie down.

Why is it there are plenty of clubs posting who they will play in the first round, with some clubs even quoting their fixture for the entire year yet nothing is on the website:confused: I think it's a joke when you have supporters waiting on the fixtures without anything forth coming.

Guru14;236835 said:
Why is it there are plenty of clubs posting who they will play in the first round, with some clubs even quoting their fixture for the entire year yet nothing is on the website:confused: I think it's a joke when you have supporters waiting on the fixtures without anything forth coming.

stop fretting darling. you still have to play them and beat them, no matter who they are.

RD 1
SCCC v McKinnon
Altona Nth v Old Essendon
Hampton v Keilor
Doutta v AWStC
YCCC v Spotswood
Royal Park v Youlden Parkville

Season 2008/09
North A1
Round 1 // Round 7
4/10/2008 &11/10/2008 // 10/01/2009
Keilor Parkv Westmeadows // Avondale Heights vGreenvale
Seddon vAvondale Heights // WestmeadowsvWest Newport
Parkville District vSt Albans // TullamarinevEast Keilor
West Newport vTullamarine // St Albans vSeddon
East Keilor vAlbion // Footscray UnitedvParkville District
GreenvalevFootscray United // AlbionvKeilor Park

Round 2 // Round 8
18/10/2008 & 25/10/2008// 17/01/2009
Avondale Heights v West Newport// Avondale Heights v Parkville District
Westmeadows v East Keilor// Westmeadows v Greenvale
Tullamarine v Greenvale// Tullamarine v Keilor Park
St Albans v Keilor Park // St Albans v East Keilor
Footscray United v Seddon // Footscray United v West Newport
Albion v Parkville District // Albion v Seddon

Round 3 // Round 9
1/11/2008 & 8/11/2008// 24/01/2009 & 31/01/2009
Keilor Park v West Newport // Keilor Park v Footscray United
Westmeadows v Tullamarine// Seddon v Tullamarine
Parkville Districtv Seddon // Parkville District v Westmeadows
St Albans v Avondale Heights // West Newport v Albion
East Keilorv Greenvale // East Keilor v Avondale Heights
Albion v Footscray United // Greenvale v St Albans

Round 4 // Round 10
15/11/2008 & 22/11/2008// 7/02/2009 & 14/02/2009
Avondale Heights v Keilor Park// Avondale Heights v Westmeadows
Seddon v Westmeadows // Seddon v Keilor Park
Tullamarinev Albion //Parkville District v East Keilor
West Newport v East Keilor // St Albans v Albion
Footscray United v St Albans // Footscray United v Tullamarine
Greenvale v Parkville District// Greenvale v West Newport

Round 5 // Round 11
29/11/2008 & 6/12/2008// 21/02/2009 & 28/02/2009
Keilor Park v East Keilor// Keilor Park v Greenvale
Westmeadows v Albion // Westmeadows v Footscray United
Tullamarine v St Albans // Tullamarine v Parkville District
West Newport v Parkville District// West Newport v St Albans
Footscray United v Avondale Heights// East Keilor v Seddon
Greenvale v Seddon// Albion v Avondale Heights

Round 6 // Semi Finals
13/12/2008 & 20/12/2008// Saturday 7/03/2009
Avondale Heights v Tullamarine// Sunday 8/03/2009
Seddon v West Newport // Grand Final
Parkville District v Keilor Park// Saturday 14/03/2009
St Albans v Westmeadows // Sunday 15/03/2009
East Keilor v Footscray United // Saturday 21/03/2009
Albion v Greenvale // Sunday 22/03/2009

North A2 play on Opposite Ground
Temp at the min. But the fixtures are out there, just ask your club

Sorry boys forgot to mention i have some more fixtures but only 1st and 2nds if anyone keen let me no.

There could be some changes but unlikely i would think

7/564;265653 said:
Sorry boys forgot to mention i have some more fixtures but only 1st and 2nds if anyone keen let me no.

There could be some changes but unlikely i would think

7 fa do you have the lineup for B1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back