VTCA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: VTCA Thread

fooey5for10;268079 said:
our 4s are in the mercantile cricket association & all bar 1 team (parkville district) are from the south so theres some travelling to be had this season!!

**laugh** our relationship with royal park brunswick is "strained" at the best of times but we do have an intense rivalry with parkville district.

were still trying to find out who the better club is in the inner north!! ;)

ROY G BIV;268084 said:
pal, both RPB & Parville are North Clubs. RPB in recent years worked their way up from NTH A to SEN div, where as Parville have been back n forth in NTh A & B

I think fooey5for10 (not bad bowling figures mind you) means where there 4ths play are all south clubs expect for themselves and Parkville who must play in the different comp for there bottom side.

So who is the bettre club amoung the 3, Youlden Parkville, Royal Park Brunswick and Parkville District.

So who is the better club?

Opening Batsman;268085 said:
I think fooey5for10 (not bad bowling figures mind you) means where there 4ths play are all south clubs expect for themselves and Parkville who must play in the different comp for there bottom side.

So who is the bettre club amoung the 3, Youlden Parkville, Royal Park Brunswick and Parkville District.

Not related to Doug Hawkins are you Opening Batman?

Think RPB would have the others covered on recent form.

yes mate, my bad! Just had a quick glane @ fooey5for10 post & didn't realize the full context.

For what it's worth u have to say RPB shades Youlden Parkville and Parkville District a very distant third-almost went back to Nth B last year after finishing 2nd last & wouldn't be surprised if they are in the bottom 4 this year.

History will tell you Royal Park Brunswick are the best club in the Parkville region....played in Senior Division for a long time, have one flags....they have gone through the tough times of relegation to North A...and fought back wininng flags in North A & Senior A, been extremely competitive in Senior Division on their return, would have played finals last year if the curator didn't put the covers back onto the deck one morning, plus they have a Paxino Medalist in their side....

YP just mark time in Senior Div, not sure whether they have even seen a finals campaign in Senior Div, as for relationships....maybe in the lower XI's fooey believes relationships are strained, there are some old stubborn heads still around, but the reality is YP & RPB exist quite well together......:cool:

Opening Batsmen & Guru14. I can assure you both that Kwaja is playing with Kingsville this year, and he has been appointed coach .

Back to this big mouth Oracle. Like I have previously stated, he is a gutless little boy who hides in disguise that he plays at Kingsville, and is an opening bowler.

I know who he is and have given you both the lead to flush that nerd out into the open.

Direct all your questions about Oracle to Yarraville Club, as he plays there.

Have you noticed since he last opened his nerdy gob and slagged all you good people on here, and I asked him he deserves a second chance not to say that he plays at Kingsville, he has since vanished.

Hey guys, I'm wondering if any of you have an opinion on the v.t.c.a. extreme heat policy. Apparently play in the nth A grand final played at canning st. last season albion v's st. bernards was suspended when the temperature reached 38 Degrees at around 3pm on the last day.They say st. bernards runs chase was probably out of there reach because they had lost too many wickets. But osborne was still in and they had the beleif they could get the runs required in the remaining overs. My source tells me the temperature as announced by the weather bureau ranged from 38 to 38.90 degrees for 2 and a half hours. Play was finally called off at 5.30 with the temp at 38.50. Seems to me st. bernards was seriously disadvantaged as albion already had a first innings lead. I'm not aware of an extreme heat policy in premier or vsdca cricket who are supposed to be the trend setters. So why do we have it. Imagine coming off the ground when it gets to 38.20degrees. How pissed will you be then. we still cook at 37.90 degrees, 39.90 degrees won't be any different.

Guru14;267585 said:
Having been a keen watcher of all grades of the VTCA have they lost their marbles! Kingsville Baps have fled the scene leaving a hole in the fixture which has now been filled by H/Crossing third XI. It basically says stuff you Jack to the other sides, how can you have thirds playing a club's 1st XI. The couple of bowlers might hurt some poor bloke from HC and then where will the whole thing be. It just doesn't make sense:eek:

You should have a game in the nth D 1 one-day turf comp played on sundays. your likely to be facing anybody from anywhere. It"s totally open to all comers. congrats to H/crossing for filling a hole. They are a good strong proud club with a large following. I believe they will do well as they are men of great fortitude.

Dingo_Jones;268379 said:
Hey guys, I'm wondering if any of you have an opinion on the v.t.c.a. extreme heat policy. Apparently play in the nth A grand final played at canning st. last season albion v's st. bernards was suspended when the temperature reached 38 Degrees at around 3pm on the last day.They say st. bernards runs chase was probably out of there reach because they had lost too many wickets. But osborne was still in and they had the beleif they could get the runs required in the remaining overs. My source tells me the temperature as announced by the weather bureau ranged from 38 to 38.90 degrees for 2 and a half hours. Play was finally called off at 5.30 with the temp at 38.50. Seems to me st. bernards was seriously disadvantaged as albion already had a first innings lead. I'm not aware of an extreme heat policy in premier or vsdca cricket who are supposed to be the trend setters. So why do we have it. Imagine coming off the ground when it gets to 38.20degrees. How pissed will you be then. we still cook at 37.90 degrees, 39.90 degrees won't be any different.
What if it had of rained would you be whingeing now, bit late for a sook.

so what do reckon about this week Rnd1 folks,
do u reckon we'll get a start or would it be the obligatory week off as per usual.
weather looks reasonable only excuse would be more time to prepare wickets!

Dingo_Jones;268432 said:
I would lay money on the latter.

yeah mate, u r dough is pretty safe there given history of VTCA rnd 1 wk 1 being called off for one reason or another.

It would be good to get a start on wk1 for a change though

a question when would vtca make it known if wk1 is off ? i am guessing Thursday?

ROY G BIV;268478 said:
yeah mate, u r dough is pretty safe there given history of VTCA rnd 1 wk 1 being called off for one reason or another.

a question when would vtca make it known if wk1 is off ? i am guessing Thursday?

It will be known via text msg on Wed night looks more positive than not 60/40 at the moment need the clubs to get wickets there is an email out to all clubs nowwho has wickets up? We do at ABers we will play aslong as comp goes ahead

ROY G BIV;268478 said:

Clubs have to advise the VTCA of their grounds availability by Wednesday night. An announcement will then be made Wednesday night or Thursday morning.

It's been the dryest September on record but still every chance it will be called off for week one.

Campaigner;268096 said:
History will tell you Royal Park Brunswick are the best club in the Parkville region....played in Senior Division for a long time, have one flags....they have gone through the tough times of relegation to North A...and fought back wininng flags in North A & Senior A, been extremely competitive in Senior Division on their return, would have played finals last year if the curator didn't put the covers back onto the deck one morning, plus they have a Paxino Medalist in their side....

YP just mark time in Senior Div, not sure whether they have even seen a finals campaign in Senior Div, as for relationships....maybe in the lower XI's fooey believes relationships are strained, there are some old stubborn heads still around, but the reality is YP & RPB exist quite well together......:cool:

ok so royal park brunswick have had a decent run over the past few seasons... granted. but weve worked hard to stay in senior division even though the last 2 seasons have been a bit lean. we played finals in 05/06 so we can certainly mix it up.

**laugh** there was a bit of niggle in the 2s game last season but thats not unusual between us & as for the lower xis... always hard fought games & the relations between the teams has never been better!!

ROY G BIV;268429 said:
so what do reckon about this week Rnd1 folks,
do u reckon we'll get a start or would it be the obligatory week off as per usual.
weather looks reasonable only excuse would be more time to prepare wickets!

Dingo_Jones;268432 said:
I would lay money on the latter.

hopefully we'll get a start as ive had saturdays off for the last 11 weeks... cant wait to run around on a saturday again!! but as roy & dingo have said, the only thing stopping us this week is the lack of preparation & time for wickets!!

Dingo_Jones;268379 said:

I know when it hits 30 degrees plus I head down in the patrol car and pull up a car spot along the Maribrynong River, read the paper and keep an eye on all the women walking around making sure there is no trouble!

AbersChangedTeam;268485 said:
It will be known via text msg on Wed night looks more positive than not 60/40 at the moment need the clubs to get wickets there is an email out to all clubs nowwho has wickets up? We do at ABers we will play aslong as comp goes ahead

Surely will not get on this sat.... wickets will be no good if we do.

Also saw the permits/clearances..... good to see A/West are trying to become the new Y/Club. This comp is getting out of control now! Too many clubs spending too much cash.

southern sledge;268384 said:
What if it had of rained would you be whingeing now, bit late for a sook.

It's not a matter of whingeing, it's a matter of common sense. Home & away games & finals can not only be disrupted by wet weather, but now also by the extreme heat policy. It seems that cricket will now suffer even more if the extreme heat policy remains at 38 degrees. A double whammy disruption possibility. The extreme heat policy should be lifted to say 39.90 degrees. Or have we all gone soft. How would you feel if your club was disadvantaged by the present extreme heat policy. Just ask the st. bernards boys how they felt.:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back