VTCA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: VTCA Thread

VicPolice;268511 said:
I know when it hits 30 degrees plus I head down in the patrol car and pull up a car spot along the Maribrynong River, read the paper and keep an eye on all the women walking around making sure there is no trouble!

What else would a good lookin rugged red blooded aussie male do?

Agree with Dingo. Heat policy is a joke. As if there aren't enough problems in getting on the ground each Saturday. We're not little schoolkids!

I'm sure at least half the ground will be right this week. After the driest September on record the VTCA couln't possibly cancel. If they do they should never fixture a game on the first Saturday in October again!

JUSTCALLME X;268592 said:
Surely will not get on this sat.... wickets will be no good if we do.

Also saw the permits/clearances..... good to see A/West are trying to become the new Y/Club. This comp is getting out of control now! Too many clubs spending too much cash.

mate, the money that the club has has all been earned, they get the money by just doing little things like having a few extra trivia night, having dinners after training and stuff like that, it all adds up mate. so there is no reason why you other clubs cant get off your arses and do something to earn a bit of cash

crazycricket;268658 said:
mate, the money that the club has has all been earned, they get the money by just doing little things like having a few extra trivia night, having dinners after training and stuff like that, it all adds up mate. so there is no reason why you other clubs cant get off your arses and do something to earn a bit of cash

I think you missed the point:confused: It is not where the money is coming from, it is how many players it is going to:cool: 2 paid players maximum at each club:eek:

slow medium;268682 said:
Sub District has been called off this weekend, will the VTCA follow ?

Don't tell Vtca that mate o/w it's a certainty no cricket this week.
They only need an excuse and subbies not playing will do just fine:cool:

I guess we'll find out soon what the powers to be have in store for us, looks more n more likely it's off that's only a hunch

And if you cant afford to , think outside the square ala DSCC ( 2 ex Darwin players) , who play for the love of the game.

ROY G BIV;268693 said:
Don't tell Vtca that mate o/w it's a certainty no cricket this week.
They only need an excuse and subbies not playing will do just fine:cool:

I guess we'll find out soon what the powers to be have in store for us, looks more n more likely it's off that's only a hunch

My guess is, Dry September, rain friday, covers stay off, wicket gets plenty of water, couch and rye grass benefit, council happy, water board ecstatic, v.t.c.a. 10 points for ingenuity and so we play one-day game next week and a thousand cricketers go and beat there wives up this week end.

Gimme a break - still doesnt mean that they are playing by the rules!!! So because they raise money they can pay more players?? And if you tell me only 2 are getting paid i'll go he!

Let me just mention a few names - Brown, Jan, Magafas, Jones, Taylor..... all playing coz they love A/West???

The VTCA will call off games this week if more than 1/2 of the clubs grounds aren't up. Apparently in the Nth there are only 3 clubs who's grounds won't be ready.

SCCC ground won't be ready. The brainiac Glen Eira council decided to re-sod the ground & tried to re-lay the square. Worst council going around, since they didn't let SCCC roll their own wickets 2 yrs ago, it has gone downhill from there.

i found out last night at training that our (youlden parkville) 1s & 3s has already been called off this week due to the councils slackness with getting the decks up at ryder & mcalister. guess the same will apply with royal park brunswicks 1s & 3s also.

another of melbourne city councils finest hours...

**laugh** i already know the finalists for the north d1 1 day sundays division: latrobe university, keilor, st albans & tullamarine.

how do i know?? these are the ONLY 4 teams in the division!!

wonder who had this brainstorm of an idea. go to the website & see for yourself... joke!!

fooey5for10;268909 said:
**laugh** i already know the finalists for the north d1 1 day sundays division: latrobe university, keilor, st albans & tullamarine.

how do i know?? these are the ONLY 4 teams in the division!!

wonder who had this brainstorm of an idea. go to the website & see for yourself... joke!!

Are you the great man playing for Youlden 2nd XI with the strange looking head?

Boofa;268933 said:
Are you the great man playing for Youlden 2nd XI with the strange looking head?

**laugh** dont know, brother. could you possibly have me mixed up with michael "freddy" stringer?? im usually the one with war paint plastered all over my face!! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back