VTCA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: VTCA Thread

Unfortunately, the chances of the heat policy changing are 0% when you consider that the VTCA rarely change a rule more than once a century.

38 degrees is probably arbitrary (pretty hot temperature none-the-less). But imagine the case your lawyer would have to sue the VTCA if you died from 39 degree heat a year after the rule got changed from 38 degrees to 40 degrees?! You'd be dead and wouldn't care but your family would be in for some serious cash.

Argument being: Do the VTCA have a duty of care to their players - yes. Were they negligent in changing the heat policy by 2 degrees - yes.

Rule should never have been brought in, but sadly, the only way the 38 degree limit would ever go - is down.

Vtca 2008/09

I recently moved to Melbourne's West from Sydney. I am huge cricket lover and am keen to get out there this year and hit the turf wickets. I've been short listing some clubs for this season. One club which stands out is Spotswood Cricket Club. Apparently they won 3 senior premierships in 07/08. Can anyone tell me if this is the NORM. In my 20 yrs of playing turf cricket in SYD i've never heard of this.:eek: I'd love to know of other club records, if indeed this is a record. Is this club well known??? cheers.

Re: Vtca 2008/09

Puma Concolor;269333 said:
I recently moved to Melbourne's West from Sydney. I am huge cricket lover and am keen to get out there this year and hit the turf wickets. I've been short listing some clubs for this season. One club which stands out is Spotswood Cricket Club. Apparently they won 3 senior premierships in 07/08. Can anyone tell me if this is the NORM. In my 20 yrs of playing turf cricket in SYD i've never heard of this.:eek: I'd love to know of other club records, if indeed this is a record. Is this club well known??? cheers.

Take off back to sydney. We don't want any bondi cigars down here.:eek:

I've noticed that Airport West / St Christophers 2 professional players are Jan & Brown.

That must mean John Taylor is playing for nothing. What a true gentlemen. To think he would give up the 20 large at the advocados to play for nothing in scumsville speaks volumes of the man.

Here, here.

Dear Puma,

thanks for your interest in the Spotswood Cricket Club. What you hear is true, we won 3 senior flags last year which can be attributed to the supreme leadership qualities of our coach Dan Davies. Unfortunately though, we only have one position available for a big cat, and currently this position is filled by "The Cougar".

Spotty's firsts were no good though - Second bottom with two wins.

But now when you add Robertson to Davies and Broster, can they be top four contenders? Or is their lack of depth still going to hold them back? I thought they underperformed last year.

Gary Mac Hates The North;269395 said:
I've noticed that Airport West / St Christophers 2 professional players are Jan & Brown.

That must mean John Taylor is playing for nothing. What a true gentlemen. To think he would give up the 20 large at the advocados to play for nothing in scumsville speaks volumes of the man.

Here, here.

I was only thinking the same thing myself. What a guy to be playing for nothing. Forget everything that has been said about him he is a class bloke

Cash Man;269410 said:
Spotty's firsts were no good though - Second bottom with two wins.

But now when you add Robertson to Davies and Broster, can they be top four contenders? Or is their lack of depth still going to hold them back? I thought they underperformed last year.

Depth will still be an issue.....

The 3 flags they won....mmm lets see!!!

Senior Central 2nds - 2 horse race all season

Nortch C2 & North C3.....when they got the best of the conditions.....old heads making runs against kids......think it may flatter them a little to say that is unheard of.....other clubs have done similar things in the past.

Campaigner;269423 said:
Depth will still be an issue.....

The 3 flags they won....mmm lets see!!!

Senior Central 2nds - 2 horse race all seasonNortch C2 & North C3.....when they got the best of the conditions.....old heads making runs against kids......think it may flatter them a little to say that is unheard of.....other clubs have done similar things in the past.

and they wernt a part of the race!

you're right Mick, RPB were the favourite all the way. they demolished Spotty in the 1 dayer just after xmas and looked unstoppable. Altona North were the other form team who were a certainty to make it through to the final. Altona North seemed to be cruising and in a bizarre twist of fate the tables turned (literally, so i heard) and spotty came away with the win.

Boofa;269273 said:
Sorry i was .222 of a degree out
37.888deg c is 100.00 f .Rounded up is 100 deg would you like a maths lesson?
Boofhead, you can give a maths lesson all you like. I bet you like to use your calculator to enter 55378008 and then turn it upside down and read it.

To begin with you need a couple of lessons, one in manners and another in comprehension. Clearly, you are a clown and a fool. Go back to your circus, but don't trip over your big red shoes.

Cash Man;269286 said:
Unfortunately, the chances of the heat policy changing are 0% when you consider that the VTCA rarely change a rule more than once a century.

38 degrees is probably arbitrary (pretty hot temperature none-the-less). But imagine the case your lawyer would have to sue the VTCA if you died from 39 degree heat a year after the rule got changed from 38 degrees to 40 degrees?! You'd be dead and wouldn't care but your family would be in for some serious cash.

Argument being: Do the VTCA have a duty of care to their players - yes. Were they negligent in changing the heat policy by 2 degrees - yes.

Rule should never have been brought in, but sadly, the only way the 38 degree limit would ever go - is down.
Cash Man, it seems you are right in believing the only place the temperature to come off will go is down. Their would be too much fear that in the case of actually increasing the temperature and something were to happen that blame would be sheeted home to the Association.

Until we know why the current temperature was chosen it is futile to consider either a movement up or even a movement down. There may be a very good reason why it is set at 38C but I would love to know why it is at 38C when you consider a Grand Final was ruined as a result of the proscribed temperature.

If you want to play 1st Xl cricket , they are your club.
As 1 spot has recently been filled by another professional ,that makes 2 pro's , there are now only NINE spots to fill in the team.
Get down there this thursday night and get your name into the barrel and hope you are one of the 9 lucky one's who is drawn out to play in the 1's.

DouttanProud;269484 said:
As 1 spot has recently been filled by another professional ,that makes 2 pro's , there are now only NINE spots to fill in the team.
Get down there this thursday night and get your name into the barrel and hope you are one of the 9 lucky one's who is drawn out to play in the 1's.

don't tell anyone, but i've slipped my name into the barrel a few more times to increase my chances, although i'm not quite sure what will happen if i get drawn out twice. :rolleyes:

DizzyGillepsie;269490 said:
don't tell anyone, but i've slipped my name into the barrel a few more times to increase my chances, although i'm not quite sure what will happen if i get drawn out twice. :rolleyes:

You must have a fair bit of cash down there Diz, where's it all coming from?

Cash Man;269497 said:

John Ross made a kind donation to the club after he won powerball a few months back. in return, the club has named the new water tanks in his honour. the official openeing ceremony of the John Ross Tanks will take place this saturday at the club. I can't wait, haven't been to a good sausage sizzle since the newport scouts held one at Altona bunnings.

Cash Man;269497 said:

I heard a few months ago they were offering 10K to any Tom ,Dick and Harry.
The only person they didnt offer it to was yours truly.What did i do wrong Dizz?Where was my approach?

YMMM

DouttanProud;269484 said:

So much angst against this club. I was told to check out 3 clubs. Spotswood, Altona North and Yarraville Club. I was also bluntly told by people in the know to stay away from Hoppers Crossing and Doutta Stars.

I guess you've help me pick my club. You can't go past a successful year :)

I'll look forward to playing against you in either the 3rd's or 4th's :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back