VTCA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: VTCA Thread

Guru14;269236 said:
News Flash if that's the case Kingsville have done very well in securing Kwaja as your coach. Quality bloke and exceptional cricketer, he will make a difference to the way your club goes about winning games this year. Attacking batsman who can take a game away from you as quick as asking who's in next and a slower ball which gets more blokes out then his stock one. Have you picked anyone up, though I know it has been tough at the minute with numbers and such. Good luck mate I know the club is in some pretty good hands.

He gets all his wickets with the slower ball cos he throws it out of his left hand after bowling every other ball right-arm.

Not legal last time I checked.

Re: Vtca 2008/09

Dingo_Jones;269366 said:
Take off back to sydney. We don't want any bondi cigars down here.:eek:

I'm sorry you feel that way Dingo Jonas brothers. I think Sydney needs people like you. You'll FIT right in.;) Melbourne will be my home for quite a while thanks and spotswood will be the club of choice. They seem to be a very friendly and welcoming club. They have a very good website and some good facilities. Good Luck for the 2008/09 season. Cheers from The PUMA :cool:

Mick Megne;269501 said:
I heard a few months ago they were offering 10K to any Tom ,Dick and Harry.
The only person they didnt offer it to was yours truly.What did i do wrong Dizz?Where was my approach?

YMMM

If your bat is as big as your muscles, you should gop back to Darwin and join in the fun making those groaning type video"s. How is Alice?;)

Heywood Jablowme;269455 said:
Cash Man, it seems you are right in believing the only place the temperature to come off will go is down. Their would be too much fear that in the case of actually increasing the temperature and something were to happen that blame would be sheeted home to the Association.

Until we know why the current temperature was chosen it is futile to consider either a movement up or even a movement down. There may be a very good reason why it is set at 38C but I would love to know why it is at 38C when you consider a Grand Final was ruined as a result of the proscribed temperature.

Re extreme heat. I'm not a guru, I'm not even a guru 14. I did however take a look into my crystal ball and guess what I saw? Seniors semi-final match 08/09. Douttas finished top Airportwest 2nd. Airportwest won toss and batted compiling 369 runs in there allotted overs. Next day Douttas batted to 3pm when play was halted for two and a half hours due to temp exceeding 38 degrees. At 5.45 play was resumed. Unable to complete 80 overs in the time that remained. Douttas go on to granny. Airportwests money straight down the toilet. There is a double whammy out there that will seriously scuttle our good game. If the cut off point is to remain at 38 degrees, the reason for which is still not clear, then perhaps we should extend the hours of play from 12 noon to 7pm or the competion of 80 overs which ever is the former. Just for semi"s and grannys mind you. You should see what happened in the granny, but I won't spoil it for you.

Puma Concolor;269564 said:
I'm sorry you feel that way Dingo Jonas brothers. I think Sydney needs people like you. You'll FIT right in.;) Melbourne will be my home for quite a while thanks and spotswood will be the club of choice. They seem to be a very friendly and welcoming club. They have a very good website and some good facilities. Good Luck for the 2008/09 season. Cheers from The PUMA :cool:

Spotswoods rooms are long. Have you noticed? I'm sure you have. Probably reminds you of the floaties around Bondi. Anyway I don"t think your from handbag city, more likely a desperate Spotty clubman trying to stop the slide into senior"A". Good luck.:)

Mick Megne;269501 said:
I heard a few months ago they were offering 10K to any Tom ,Dick and Harry.
The only person they didnt offer it to was yours truly.What did i do wrong Dizz?Where was my approach?

YMMM

There's no easy way to say it Mick, but you're obviously too good for this competition. i think the expectation from most clubs was that you'd be plucked straight into the bushranger's squad for 08/09. I think Greg Shipperd owes you some sort of explanation/apology.

DizzyGillepsie;269628 said:
There's no easy way to say it Mick, but you're obviously too good for this competition. i think the expectation from most clubs was that you'd be plucked straight into the bushranger's squad for 08/09. I think Greg Shipperd owes you some sort of explanation/apology.

Thats not saying much Dizz - any side that has given games to the likes of Jon Moss, Andrew McDonald and Jase Arnberger in the past is clearly not fair dinkum - heck I reckon half of the Chelt side could get a gig and that is saying something. Oh, and two further things:

South Caulfield all the way in 09
Doutta for the spoon.

That is all.

Puma Concolor;269333 said:
I recently moved to Melbourne's West from Sydney. I am huge cricket lover and am keen to get out there this year and hit the turf wickets. I've been short listing some clubs for this season. One club which stands out is Spotswood Cricket Club. Apparently they won 3 senior premierships in 07/08. Can anyone tell me if this is the NORM. In my 20 yrs of playing turf cricket in SYD i've never heard of this.:eek: I'd love to know of other club records, if indeed this is a record. Is this club well known??? cheers.

Puma Concolor;269558 said:
So much angst against this club. I was told to check out 3 clubs. Spotswood, Altona North and Yarraville Club. I was also bluntly told by people in the know to stay away from Hoppers Crossing and Doutta Stars.

I guess you've help me pick my club. You can't go past a successful year :)

I'll look forward to playing against you in either the 3rd's or 4th's :D

Good Choice my Friend. You will soon realise that Spotswood Cricket Club defines the true nature of sportsmanship. It is steeped in History.
Not only are we a successful club, we are a freindly and welcoming club. Whoever gave you the mail about Doutta and Hoppers are SPOT ON.

As for the likes of Dingo Jones/DouttaNProud and others. Spotswood CC closed its laboratory in the 90's and no longer does research in these types of diseases.:p

Look forward to meeting you at the club. We are looking at Trips again in 08/09.

BTW, you'll need a new nickname (PUMA), Our club legend "The Cougar" won't be happy with a challenger to the Big Cat status.

Heywood Jablowme;269443 said:
Boofhead, you can give a maths lesson all you like. I bet you like to use your calculator to enter 55378008 and then turn it upside down and read it.

To begin with you need a couple of lessons, one in manners and another in comprehension. Clearly, you are a clown and a fool. Go back to your circus, but don't trip over your big red shoes.

Good one Heywood Jablowme. {Don't trip over your big red shoes} Reminds me of a fellow from Bengal, who used to do tricks in the hall. His favourite trick was to stand on his prick and spin around the hall on one ball.:D

spotiswoode 1888;269660 said:
Good Choice my Friend. You will soon realise that Spotswood Cricket Club defines the true nature of sportsmanship. It is steeped in History.
Not only are we a successful club, we are a freindly and welcoming club. Whoever gave you the mail about Doutta and Hoppers are SPOT ON.

As for the likes of Dingo Jones/DouttaNProud and others. Spotswood CC closed its laboratory in the 90's and no longer does research in these types of diseases.:p

Look forward to meeting you at the club. We are looking at Trips again in 08/09.

BTW, you'll need a new nickname (PUMA), Our club legend "The Cougar" won't be happy with a challenger to the Big Cat status.

lots of runners up photos in
the rooms, very proud of second best

Dingo_Jones;269587 said:
Re extreme heat. I'm not a guru, I'm not even a guru 14. I did however take a look into my crystal ball and guess what I saw? Seniors semi-final match 08/09. Douttas finished top Airportwest 2nd. Airportwest won toss and batted compiling 369 runs in there allotted overs. Next day Douttas batted to 3pm when play was halted for two and a half hours due to temp exceeding 38 degrees. At 5.45 play was resumed. Unable to complete 80 overs in the time that remained. Douttas go on to granny. Airportwests money straight down the toilet. There is a double whammy out there that will seriously scuttle our good game. If the cut off point is to remain at 38 degrees, the reason for which is still not clear, then perhaps we should extend the hours of play from 12 noon to 7pm or the competion of 80 overs which ever is the former. Just for semi"s and grannys mind you. You should see what happened in the granny, but I won't spoil it for you.

dingo, all well and good you like to have your little fantasy, but correct me if im wrong, doesnt 1st play 4th and 2nd play 3rd in the finals series. so im not sure how reliable your prediction is.

crazycricket;269692 said:
dingo, all well and good you like to have your little fantasy, but correct me if im wrong, doesnt 1st play 4th and 2nd play 3rd in the finals series. so im not sure how reliable your prediction is.

Got me, HIC, too many scotches. I think you get my drift.:eek:

Ok hopefully rnd1 will get underway this weekend. It would be interesting to see which clubs/teams you folks rate in your respective grades. & conversely who you think are in for a tough year possibly in danger of being relegated.
Nth A
Should do well
Greenvale, tulla (all recruited well), KP, St Albans (if byrne is injured this may ofcource have a reasonable impact)
? Albion(premiers from last year however there’re some concerns from within) ? Footscray United (recruited well depth?) could be in the 4 if their 4 paid or ex paid palyers fire. Seedon ?, EK ? were shocking in Snr A last year.
May have to fight to avoid relegation if news of bottom 4(unfair should be bottom 2) clubs going down to NthB are correct.
Aberlfeldie (they should be more competitive though), Parville district (capable of having a shocker),west meadows, Avondale(heard lost a number of their 1X1(not a good year to do that if bottom4 are going down) including Albers avoiding relegation could be an achievement in itself)
Those who play in A know very well that Most seasons this is a very competitive grade so nothing is for granted.
Would be interesting to see what u think about this and teams in your own grades.

ROY G BIV;269938 said:
Ok hopefully rnd1 will get underway this weekend. It would be interesting to see which clubs/teams you folks rate in your respective grades. & conversely who you think are in for a tough year possibly in danger of being relegated.
Nth A
Should do well
Greenvale, tulla (all recruited well), KP, St Albans (if byrne is injured this may ofcource have a reasonable impact)
? Albion(premiers from last year however there’re some concerns from within) ? Footscray United (recruited well depth?) could be in the 4 if their 4 paid or ex paid palyers fire. Seedon ?, EK ? were shocking in Snr A last year.
May have to fight to avoid relegation if news of bottom 4(unfair should be bottom 2) clubs going down to NthB are correct.
Aberlfeldie (they should be more competitive though), Parville district (capable of having a shocker),west meadows, Avondale(heard lost a number of their 1X1(not a good year to do that if bottom4 are going down) including Albers avoiding relegation could be an achievement in itself)
Those who play in A know very well that Most seasons this is a very competitive grade so nothing is for granted.
Would be interesting to see what u think about this and teams in your own grades.

Lets Clarify a few points. Byrne is not injured and ready to go for the start of the season, and i've been told he is training the house down at his new club St.albans and they will be in the mix for sure.

Other teams to be up there will be Tulla, they snagged St.Albans ex-coach David "million $$$ man" Roach for a lazy $15,000. They also ofered to fly him form avalon airport to tulla airport on game days to save him the ong drive from geelong. Not bad for a bloke who is on the wrong side of 40 and couldn't make a run to save him self towards the end of the season last year. Big risk taking someone like him, is he too old??? The heirarchy at Tulla will be hoping he can fire, otherwise he will be on a flight to UZBEKATAN by the end of the season!!!!

In other news to come out of the weekend Asif Jan no longer coaching Airport West and has been asked to be cleared to Avondale Heights. Apparently they have offered him $20,000 to captain coach as they are struggling to get players and he has decided to accept. Not the first time he has done this, good way too lose mates!!!!! First druids, then st.albans, what are your opinions on this matter????

braybrookbonghead;269950 said:
Lets Clarify a few points. Byrne is not injured and ready to go for the start of the season, and i've been told he is training the house down at his new club St.albans and they will be in the mix for sure.

Other teams to be up there will be Tulla, they snagged St.Albans ex-coach David "million $$$ man" Roach for a lazy $15,000. They also ofered to fly him form avalon airport to tulla airport on game days to save him the ong drive from geelong. Not bad for a bloke who is on the wrong side of 40 and couldn't make a run to save him self towards the end of the season last year. Big risk taking someone like him, is he too old??? The heirarchy at Tulla will be hoping he can fire, otherwise he will be on a flight to UZBEKATAN by the end of the season!!!!

In other news to come out of the weekend Asif Jan no longer coaching Airport West and has been asked to be cleared to Avondale Heights. Apparently they have offered him $20,000 to captain coach as they are struggling to get players and he has decided to accept. Not the first time he has done this, good way too lose mates!!!!! First druids, then st.albans, what are your opinions on this matter????

Well mate I heard + read on this forum that bryne did his knee or something similar which may keep him away from cric for a while. If u say otherwise I believe you, in that case Will Agree with u St Albans will be right up there he was in Albions Premier side last year could easily replicate that achievement with St Albans.
ON D Roach I don’t think he’s worth any thing, played against him last few years and if he batted as well as he talks he would be a champion. In my opinion tulla could have done something better with their $$$’s
On Avondale heard they were in trouble with 1X1 losing a number of regular players, don’t think Asif Jan would be the answer for that club, ppl don’t seem to have much nice to say about him after his stints at especially druids and as u say St Albans. For a local club to splash out $20k on a bloke with his history u might as well throw that money away. Besides imagine playing alongside a bloke like that when u know he doesn’t give a shit about the club or anyone else.
Having said that I don’t know why he would leave cashed up Airport West and come to Avondale on a slide with even him onboard. How reliable is this rumor what are the odds he’ll line up for Avondale in Rnd2. I think 1%.

braybrookbonghead;269950 said:

Have Westmeadows got their pom back,also KP? Avondale have no depth, so Asif Jan will be a 1 man band. Footscray United will be alot more competitve with Tulla who have Greenvale recruited that holds them in such goo stead. Abers can't wait to play some of these teams. We will be around the mark.

AbersChangedTeam;269961 said:
Have Westmeadows got their pom back,also KP? Avondale have no depth, so Asif Jan will be a 1 man band. Footscray United will be alot more competitve with Tulla who have Greenvale recruited that holds them in such goo stead. Abers can't wait to play some of these teams. We will be around the mark.

KP has the pom that played with Doutta a couple of years ago.

Fairly sharp:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back