VTCA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: VTCA Thread

Dingo_Jones;270644 said:
The best thing the v.t.c.a. can do is allow two overseas players plus two other professionals be permitted to play for each club. That would mean the big money clubs would try and out do one an other by enlisting more than 4 pro"s. We could all sit back and watch them all go broke. Certainly improve the standard in the higher grades. If the v.t.c.a. can"t stop the clubs being underhanded then go the other way and let em break themselves.:p

Better still. By increasing the number of pro"s each club may register could improve the standard of the senior division to such an extent it may rival the premier clubs. Add to that say in nth 'a', nth "b", sth'A' & sth "b" etc instead of 80 over per innings two day games play 50 overs per innings oneday games. It would make for brighter cricket and likely attract more exciting batsmen to the comp.

Gents,( presuming that's what u are), Lets focus on the start of what promises to be a grand season ahead of us. Who thinks the top sides will be in each grade and why?
I heard that Williamstown CYMS have recruited strongly in senior a and are going to be a flag favourite. Has anyone heard this? They play strathmore in round 2 so we will see how credible my informant is!! :)
Does anyone know who else they have recruited? any big names?
What about Airport West st C? Wouldnt want to face John taylor and a rejuvenated Darryl brown. can they match it with the big boys up in senior divi? Who will provide strong opposition for Doutta Stars, Yarraville and Sth caulfield??

Calypso King;270675 said:
Gents,( presuming that's what u are), Lets focus on the start of what promises to be a grand season ahead of us. Who thinks the top sides will be in each grade and why?
I heard that Williamstown CYMS have recruited strongly in senior a and are going to be a flag favourite. Has anyone heard this? They play strathmore in round 2 so we will see how credible my informant is!! :)
Does anyone know who else they have recruited? any big names?
What about Airport West st C? Wouldnt want to face John taylor and a rejuvenated Darryl brown. can they match it with the big boys up in senior divi? Who will provide strong opposition for Doutta Stars, Yarraville and Sth caulfield??

Airport West will have no trouble matching it in Senior Div and with so many guys playing there for the love of the club and not money the spirit there must be real high. Yarraville and Douuta will be in the mix again as will Sth Caulfield with Mullaney. I reckon you also better keep an eye on Hampton and Spotswood who hav erecruited well.

ROY G BIV;270555 said:
Crazycricket, I am with u mate the suspense is unbearable.
Looks like innotsogoodtouch is preoccupied with some urgent matters, hmm like nah I best not say that.
I sincerely hope I haven’t upset him or anything
But yeah I hope he returns soon and lets all us who don’t play in Snr div know who he really is. Am sure his true identity will astound us all & will leave us speechless in awe of his cricketing achievements for Australian and yes ofcourse vtca snr div…he still hasn’t told us where in snr div he plays though. But wouldn’t be surprised if he won both the bowling and batting aggregates in sen div for the past lets see 5 years?
Anyway iam off work now see u all tomorrow, especially u innotsogoodtouch, I hope I didn’t upset u or anything plz do us all a favour u take a blunt object like ur head for instance and knock in ur equipment good & hopefully u can find the middle of ur wood tomorrow more often than u did today. Cheers see u tom mate! it was a slow day @ work u atleast provide some entertainment. Doesn't say much about my day yeah..lol:p

Now ROY, I've had a very decorated career travelling the world and playing international cricket throughout the 1990's so please show some respect. It astounds me how everyone on the thread talks about people hiding behind a computer screen etc when they do exactly the same thing. I have nothing to hide but my endorsement deals don't let me associate my name with bigcricket. However, I promise I will reveal my true identity when everyone else on this site does. Of course this is assuming that your name isn't really ROY G BIV, my research indicates that no one in that poxy grade, north a, goes by that name. Until then, please send autograph requests through to the email address provided in my prior post. Go Bentleigh!!

InGoodTouch;270713 said:
Now ROY, I've had a very decorated career travelling the world and playing international cricket throughout the 1990's so please show some respect. It astounds me how everyone on the thread talks about people hiding behind a computer screen etc when they do exactly the same thing. I have nothing to hide but my endorsement deals don't let me associate my name with bigcricket. However, I promise I will reveal my true identity when everyone else on this site does. Of course this is assuming that your name isn't really ROY G BIV, my research indicates that no one in that poxy grade, north a, goes by that name. Until then, please send autograph requests through to the email address provided in my prior post. Go Bentleigh!!

underarm bowler;270560 said:
this forum was once half decent, now it's just people hiding behind made up names slagging each other off.As a player you have to realise that everyone has a level and thats the great thing about the game, be it senior div or 5th X1 matting.also everyone has an opinion...like it or not....if you want to bitch become a politician...don't join the VTCA forum.
I'm now stepping off my soap box...thank you!

Good to see you r alive and well mate, ingood touch today it seems.

yeah i agree with u for once, underarm is obviously his real name thus he's in a good position to tell others noto to hide behind this or that...good on u mate.

Dingo jones is selling us a bit short, don't u reckon with comments like these we have atleast some commonsense, every little bit helps i guess.

"It astounds me how everyone on the thread talks about people hiding behind a computer screen etc when they do exactly the same thing."

"I promise I will reveal my true identity when everyone else on this site does. "

Agree with all the above and ur research? ROY is just a nickname...but it's good u Mr Australian cricketer who thinks only snr div blokes should post on VTCA thread-:confused: taking ur valuable time inorder to look ?

ROY G BIV;270555 said:
Crazycricket, I am with u mate the suspense is unbearable.
Looks like innotsogoodtouch is preoccupied with some urgent matters, hmm like nah I best not say that.
I sincerely hope I haven’t upset him or anything
But yeah I hope he returns soon and lets all us who don’t play in Snr div know who he really is. Am sure his true identity will astound us all & will leave us speechless in awe of his cricketing achievements for Australian and yes ofcourse vtca snr div…he still hasn’t told us where in snr div he plays though. But wouldn’t be surprised if he won both the bowling and batting aggregates in sen div for the past lets see 5 years?
Anyway iam off work now see u all tomorrow, especially u innotsogoodtouch, I hope I didn’t upset u or anything plz do us all a favour u take a blunt object like ur head for instance and knock in ur equipment good & hopefully u can find the middle of ur wood tomorrow more often than u did today. Cheers see u tom mate! it was a slow day @ work u atleast provide some entertainment. Doesn't say much about my day yeah..lol:p
from his previous posts i would say he plays with bentleigh are they snr div ,
i am not from vtca comp but take a keen interest in it rgds.

SWANNEES;270732 said:
from his previous posts i would say he plays with bentleigh are they snr div ,

I doubt there are any ex-Australian players at Bentleigh. So he is either lying about playing for Australia, or lying about being a Bentleigh player.

My guess is both.

Northern $uper$tars;270738 said:
I doubt there are any ex-Australian players at Bentleigh. So he is either lying about playing for Australia, or lying about being a Bentleigh player.

My guess is both.

What u say there..ingoodtouch a liar NOOH!
That’s devastating, I wouldn’t be surprised if the notsogood man comes on n says that he’s also an Olympic gold medalist, boxing world champ and has bedded over 10,000 gals…what’s a few fibs in way of a good yarn.
Lets talk some cric boys n gals after all this is a VTCA thread (over 60 clubs in VTCA I think, is that correct ingoodtouch am sure u r research would provide us with the exact number)
me n ingoodtouch have written enough crap , only couple of day before the first game so lets go.
1 Q what happened to that post which claimed ASIF Jan was leaving Airport West for Avondale?
I know when I first read it seemed very strange and ofcourse not believable?
SNR A Willi CYMS have recruited & should improve on last years effort. With Snr DIV Why is anyone not Rating Kelior this year. They should be right up there with Yarra, SC, Doutta, AWest etc.

ROY G BIV;270742 said:
What u say there..ingoodtouch a liar NOOH!
That’s devastating, I wouldn’t be surprised if the notsogood man comes on n says that he’s also an Olympic gold medalist, boxing world champ and has bedded over 10,000 gals…what’s a few fibs in way of a good yarn.
Lets talk some cric boys n gals after all this is a VTCA thread (over 60 clubs in VTCA I think, is that correct ingoodtouch am sure u r research would provide us with the exact number)
me n ingoodtouch have written enough crap , only couple of day before the first game so lets go.
1 Q what happened to that post which claimed ASIF Jan was leaving Airport West for Avondale?
I know when I first read it seemed very strange and ofcourse not believable?
SNR A Willi CYMS have recruited & should improve on last years effort. With Snr DIV Why is anyone not Rating Kelior this year. They should be right up there with Yarra, SC, Doutta, AWest etc.

Why would I make stuff like that up? Then I'd be lying. You blokes are all just full of yourselves, so jealous. Must be the tall poppy syndrome in Australia, it was never like that in India, they showed respect. I only play in games for charity these days. I'm just a Bentleigh follower cos I live down the road. Look forward to them chalking up 6 points this weekend as senior a flag favourites.

InGoodTouch;270750 said:
Why would I make stuff like that up? Then I'd be lying. You blokes are all just full of yourselves, so jealous. Must be the tall poppy syndrome in Australia, it was never like that in India, they showed respect. I only play in games for charity these days. I'm just a Bentleigh follower cos I live down the road. Look forward to them chalking up 6 points this weekend as senior a flag favourites.

If you think that only Sen Div should be posting on here, then why are you posting rubbish Bentleigh on here??? They are in Senior A. Take note of your own comments then superstar

I'd be more then happy to post my name on here but that would only make me a sitting target for abuse wouldn't it haha.Keilor will feature in the 4 and i will say prob Airport, Doutta and Yarraville joining them.I'd say the rest of the pack will be pretty bunched behind them with alot of clubs hoping 'their star players' perform.

Does the one-day game change anything this week - Are there any teams or players more suited to the 40 over format?

I would think it might favour the better batting teams or teams that lack bowling depth when you consider that there are no individual over restrictions. Another rule that could be debated.

From watching the test match last night I noticed that the umpires called stumps after Clarke was dismissed from the second ball of the last over of the day. If that happened in the VTCA would the next batsman have to play out the last over or would it be called stumps? What's the rule?

isn't the rule that you have to bowl X amount of overs in a day? so someone would have to come out and the remaining 1.79643 overs would need to be bowled.

DizzyGillepsie;270991 said:
isn't the rule that you have to bowl X amount of overs in a day? so someone would have to come out and the remaining 1.79643 overs would need to be bowled.

Correct. Unless the captains agree to end the game

DizzyGillepsie;270991 said:

Heh Dizz,

Just wanting to know how your pre season is going?

Just because im moving onto bigger and better things doesnt mean that i should forget to drop in here and acknowledge all of you park cricketers slogging it out on saturdays!

Incase your wondering Dizz, im on tour with the Australian Team, they asked me to be a permanent net bowler as they couldnt find anything that was nearly as good as the pratice i give them here in india.

I must tell you the hot currys are starting to get to me tho!

well till next time
YMMM

Mick, good to hear you're live and kicking but dissapointed to hear you wont be participating in the VTCA this year.

how are you coping with the hot indian sun? one would think you're quite a bit browner than you are in your picture... or perhaps not

the key to surviving in india is to find the hottest of hot vindaloos, sprinkle some chilli flakes on top and then conquer it. once you've done that then nothing can stand in your way.

Mick Megne;271001 said:
Heh Dizz,

Just wanting to know how your pre season is going?

Just because im moving onto bigger and better things doesnt mean that i should forget to drop in here and acknowledge all of you park cricketers slogging it out on saturdays!

Incase your wondering Dizz, im on tour with the Australian Team, they asked me to be a permanent net bowler as they couldnt find anything that was nearly as good as the pratice i give them here in india.

I must tell you the hot currys are starting to get to me tho!

well till next time
YMMM

mickey you have lied to our club you said you went to darwin i dont think you will be required for next season but spotty have plenty of cash so you can always join the green and gold parade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back