VTCA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: VTCA Thread

boinkeroo;271606 said:
I noticed the Maccabi vs Bentleigh game in Senior A1 is classified as "result disputed". Is it safe to assume that Bentleigh are cheating again (despite having won by 2 runs)? Does anyone know what happened?

I spoke to someone from Bentleigh about that yesterday and apparently all it was is that Ajax entered the scores with them losing 7 wickets, but they in fact lost 8 wickets. On the 'myCricket' website, you either "confirm" the scores, or you "dispute the result". The actual result is not in dispute, but Bentleigh are making sure they get the extra 0.20 they deserve for taking 8 wickets instead of 7.

boinkeroo;271606 said:
I noticed the Maccabi vs Bentleigh game in Senior A1 is classified as "result disputed". Is it safe to assume that Bentleigh are cheating again (despite having won by 2 runs)? Does anyone know what happened?

Unlike Maccabi to be involved in some form of controversy...:rolleyes:

Wonder if they will continue their age old practice of ball tampering this year in Senior A after being done twice in last years Grand Final for the same thing.....the old vasoline on the headband trick didn't fool the two umpires in either inning!

Uncle Windows;271494 said:
No you goose.

read the permit list he is with AWSC.

We have 1 OS player and 1 Paid Professional, how do fit in another permit player in our first XI. Playing T Jeffrey in two's for Asif Jan, not likely.

oh then LAst year matty Albers was playing for the love of the club. & he duly showed his fondness for avondale by walking out on them this year. u had Jeffrey and ur os palyers then.

Uncle Goose i was simply asking after reading a number of posts on this thread. about u blokes making a bid for asif only days b4 the 1st game didn't believe that's y i asked u since u seems to be involved with the club. am aware of permit n clearances on the VTCA site.
As i have now mentioned a number of times now when i first came acroos this post it seemed like an absurd thing to write by the bloke who actually posted it, anyhooo good win for u blokes and hope u all best for the season.
many it seems have written u blokes off so it was an excellent start especially against much hyped greenvale$$$CC + FC.Good luck next few weeks. Uncle Goose.

superfreak;271635 said:
Unlike Maccabi to be involved in some form of controversy...:rolleyes:

Wonder if they will continue their age old practice of ball tampering this year in Senior A after being done twice in last years Grand Final for the same thing.....the old vasoline on the headband trick didn't fool the two umpires in either inning!

i'd be suspect of any player wearing a headband, at least from a fashion point of view.

southern sledge;271595 said:
2 Clubs for money is a mercenary

I guess you'd have to judge each player differently Southern Sledge.You couldn't blame someone if they were moving to a bigger club.....or back to home club, or needed extra income. After all if you were offered a job at a rival company for more money would you say no?

Not Out;271588 said:
Their 2's.

I know it's only 2's cricket, but still pretty ordniary not to get a wicket up.

The council were very late in attending to the track due to football and there wasn't sufficent grass on the square to get a wicket up, had the 2's played on it it would have destroyed the square.

Didn't see too many South Caulfield blokes complaining while drinking cans down at the one's game!

Northern $uper$tars;271628 said:
Add Troy Lamb to the list then.

That's a bit rough. Think he had a difference in opinion with the sponser paying him at murrumbeena, bought a house in Middle Park and wanted to play with his Jewish mates at a better run cricket club. That's fair enough.

All round class;271659 said:
The council were very late in attending to the track due to football and there wasn't sufficent grass on the square to get a wicket up, had the 2's played on it it would have destroyed the square.

Didn't see too many South Caulfield blokes complaining while drinking cans down at the one's game!

Hampton have a curator though. Not the council's fault. A week before a strip was mowed out.

Cash Man;271663 said:
That's a bit rough. Think he had a difference in opinion with the sponser paying him at murrumbeena, bought a house in Middle Park and wanted to play with his Jewish mates at a better run cricket club. That's fair enough.

Is that the same well run club that got his suspension moved from the Semi to the Granny last year???? Oops

a great win on the last ball to youlden parkville against yarraville club in senior central 2s at hansen reserve last saturday - always a tough assignment.

a top game played in the right spirit...

fooey5for10;271672 said:
a great win on the last ball to youlden parkville against yarraville club in senior central 2s at hansen reserve last saturday - always a tough assignment.

Tipping the arvo tea wasn't too shabby either...

fooey5for10;271672 said:

A top tea,good game of cricket and the dude with the huge head took wickets.

The perfect day!

southern sledge;271518 said:
Name the top 10 mercenaries in the last 10 years.
A couple in the South come to mind
Garry McCamblley and David Sime.
Elmore,Taylor,Jones,Jan and Brown in the North

Vic Chand

Cash Man;271663 said:

Yeah, maybe fair enough, but he also sent an email out to a few of the Southern Clubs after the 2006-07 season shopping himself around to the highest bidder.

By the sounds of it, it was lucky for Lamb that the "better run cricket club" was interested.

Northern $uper$tars;271696 said:
Yeah, maybe fair enough, but he also sent an email out to a few of the Southern Clubs after the 2006-07 season shopping himself around to the highest bidder.

By the sounds of it, it was lucky for Lamb that the "better run cricket club" was interested.

I don't think he'd have any trouble finding a club that was "interested". We'd certainly have him.

People on this site who bag the pro's who put in and bring success to clubs are out of line. Good to see Brown winning another match on his own on the weekend.

Guru - not sure what is going on either at Moonee Valley. Gauci played alot of games last year in the 2's as well. Not sure why he started the season there though. He made runs however so I would assume he'll be back up next week.

Also Jon Kent is getting his shoulder fixed after footy season as I understand and so will miss a large part of the season.

Cash Man;271700 said:
I don't think he'd have any trouble finding a club that was "interested". We'd certainly have him.

People on this site who bag the pro's who put in and bring success to clubs are out of line. Good to see Brown winning another match on his own on the weekend.

I'm not bagging anyone. If you are good enough to get paid to play cricket, good luck to you, I wish I was.

Someone threw up getting paid for 2 clubs, I said add Lamb to the list as he has received payments from 2 different clubs. You mentioned him living in Middle Park and playing with his mates, and I just mentioned that he shopped himself around but eventually ended up at Ajax. Great result for him considering all of those factors you mentioned.

Snagglepuss;271702 said:
Guru - not sure what is going on either at Moonee Valley. Gauci played alot of games last year in the 2's as well. Not sure why he started the season there though. He made runs however so I would assume he'll be back up next week.

Also Jon Kent is getting his shoulder fixed after footy season as I understand and so will miss a large part of the season.

Snagglepuss, maybe one word will sum up why Gauci in the magoo's- revolt! I think there is some tension at the club hence the reason he is there. Why would you name him as your captain and play him in the twos, just doesn't make sense. Jon Kent, shoulder obviously hurt it during their celebrations! From what I heard certainly not an in and under type, that's a loss for Greenvale as he pops up with one or two big scores a year.
Funky Miller is on a four game contract with seabrook because of his relationship with Rainer Reber which can only be good for the comp.

Guru14;271597 said:
Well Snagglepuss some interesting results from weekend! First Aberfeldie Park will be strong this year, Albers and Pascu will share the wickets most weeks. Pascu is good enough to play senior division without a doubt. Great to see Townsend Booth get a ton, he will make a truckload this year. Know the kid very well and on the decks they get at home he will have a bumper summer. Seabrook will be ok this year, with the Paslow's back and funky miller rolling the arm over they should be a better side this year. Interesting fact was Hoppers Crossing 47 against Jacana surely that's going to be a game everyone looks forward to. Flemington were at full strength and lost to Seabrook, very interesting, at home as well. Werribee Centrals too strong for Moonee Valley, what's going on with their captain playing in the twos. My mail is that things are pretty tense down at the home of the magpies! Final 4 in no particular order- Aber Park, Seabrook, Flemington and Werribee Centrals if they can get Edrich on the park this year. Interesting Phil Crea moaber moved on after one season, certainly not a bad thing for the club.
yep i agree forget craigeburn jacana an hopperstop 2 looks likely 2be aber park an seabrook,then a raffle 4 the rest,with pascu albers boothy italiano burrowes an riggio theyll be hard to beat,got the enjoyment of seein funky bowl on the weekend an boy he hasnt lost it,still in good nick to,werribee you would think are gunna struggle loosing the quickest an best bowler in the comp edrich an also there skipper crea wat a fool he is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back