VTCA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: VTCA Thread

JUSTCALLME X;271811 said:
No pickering for OEG last week.... has he finally realised how much of a fool he was looking like and given it away, or has he gone elsewhere chasing the cash too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey guys,

I'm a massive fan of the actual cricket talk going on here.. So i might re-introduce myself to the forum..

Marty has headed back to a club near home I believe. He lives in Kilmore so his efforts to get to training and games has pretty pretty impressive. I think it's a bit harsh saying he looked like a fool, only Doutta smashed him last year, other than that, he played very well.

Anyway, good luck for the year boys.. Should be a great season.

big bas;271712 said:
yep i agree forget craigeburn jacana an hopperstop 2 looks likely 2be aber park an seabrook,then a raffle 4 the rest,with pascu albers boothy italiano burrowes an riggio theyll be hard to beat,got the enjoyment of seein funky bowl on the weekend an boy he hasnt lost it,still in good nick to,werribee you would think are gunna struggle loosing the quickest an best bowler in the comp edrich an also there skipper crea wat a fool he is

Big Bas bowl alright on the weekend? Anyway Crea is out for 2 matches suspended as he had a run at Grand United when the VTCA games were washed out. Edrich has a shoulder problem and is a very big maybe. I know there are one or two around the place that will sleep a little easier knowing he might not be throwing thunderbolts at them. Speaking of throwing thunderbolts does anyone know what's happened to S Bennett seems to have fallen off the face of the earth. I can tell you Jacana made a decision last year not to bowl him until he got his action right. You've got to give a club a little more respect based on that stance. Craigieburn have apparently come along in leaps and bounds from last year. They were apparently going along well at 3/100 off 25ish on Saturday before in came tumbling down. Baker was solid and the side will be better for having Miler back, add Nolan and Woodgate who were unavailable and it becomes a pretty good lineup. Just a question, what if your game against Hoppers Crossing was washed out? I would think you would be significantly penalised compared to those who play them.:cool:

mickeybee;271882 said:
Hey guys,

I'm a massive fan of the actual cricket talk going on here.. So i might re-introduce myself to the forum..

Marty has headed back to a club near home I believe. He lives in Kilmore so his efforts to get to training and games has pretty pretty impressive. I think it's a bit harsh saying he looked like a fool, only Doutta smashed him last year, other than that, he played very well.

Anyway, good luck for the year boys.. Should be a great season.

Fair call - he did win a Paxino - albeit in the 80's!!!!!!!!!!

Sometimes you have to go out graciously though......

After Rd 1 who is everyone predicting to finish top 4????

A/west
Y/Club

next 2 out of Keilor, Doutta, Royal Park, Sth Caulfield.

Relegation ???? 2 down - Youlden & OEG

JUSTCALLME X;271892 said:

A/west
Y/Club

Is it 2 down this year??

A/West look good, I'll throw in Spotty, OEG and Y club..

Relegation, who knows..

JUSTCALLME X;271892 said:

A/west
Y/Club

mickeybee;271893 said:
Is it 2 down this year??

A/West look good, I'll throw in Spotty, OEG and Y club..

Relegation, who knows..

the old stages yarraville club & keilor will be up there & i'll go out on a limb to say royal park brunswick & airport west/st christophers to round out the top 4.

hopefully we wont be in this position! even though yarraville club were too good for us last weekend, we'll bump it with all clubs this season...

My take on the payed player situation

Without payed players, the VTCA would be a poor comp. I have been a casual observer of this forum this year, and the amount of people that seem to hate the fact that we play against players that demand money for their ability.

I understand that many people like having paid players, however, they believe that the '2 paid player' rule is either not enforced, or is a waste of time in the first place. I guess I agree to this.

But how can the VTCA possibly enforce this rule? they seem to have a hard enough job with everything else.

I know that I very much enjoy telling people that I play against Brown, Taylor, that Sri Lankan fella Banda, and others..

I guess what i'm trying to say (very badly), is that without these players, we would be hack park cricketers, with these guys, at least there is a bit of credability to the comp. Even though I play for OEG, who don't have all the funds in the world, and as a result are negatively effected by this rule. It is definatly better for the comp to have these guys running around.

What does everyone else think? Try to keep it constructive please..

southern sledge;271724 said:
Lamb offered himself to at least 5 southern clubs then at the end of the e-mail said he wanted 10 large, M.A CC had the money so thats where he ended up, that is a mercenary by any standards and they can have him.

And that is why your club will never be successful or make finals.

Lamb is a gun bat as evidenced by his runs scored since coming to the VTCA.

He is probably the 2nd best bat in the comp behind Baker.

If you were one of the best in your field, wouldnt you try to be adequately compensated?

Have a look at Murrumbeena now that he is gone - couldnt even make 100 in South A.

NO dramas with him shopping himself around - just wish my club could take the offer.

Dingo_Jones;271772 said:
Where would warren Suares fit in? seddon-avondale-seddon-footscray over past 7 seasons. I think he likes being the chief. (skipper).;)

throw in steven byrne as well.....albion, keilor , east keilor, keilor, albion ,st albans... you would only play for st albans for a packet...

NorthClubsDontPayPlayers;271932 said:

If you were one of the best in your field, wouldnt you try to be adequately compensated?

Have a look at Murrumbeena now that he is gone - couldnt even make 100 in South A.

NO dramas with him shopping himself around - just wish my club could take the offer.

2nd best bat in comp ? Please.
he's been playing South A for how long ?
4 or 5 blokes in Senior have district hundreds and 1 has a 1st class 50, another a 1st class 100.
How many district hundreds has he got ?
he's PROBABLY behind Brown,Taylor,O'keefe,Porter,Marcy,A.Russell,Davies,Ferguson ,Mullaney,Smart.
just 2 name a few off the top.

Slipper;272013 said:
4 or 5 blokes in Senior have district hundreds and 1 has a 1st class 50, another a 1st class 100.
he's PROBABLY behind Brown,Taylor,O'keefe,Porter,Marcy,A.Russell,Davies,Ferguson ,Mullaney,Smart.

Don't forget to add......any player who has a played as a proven batsman in Senior Div or Senior......over the last 4 or 5 years

Let Lamb play Senior Div or Senior A.....make runs there and then rate him!!!

Thats a big call.....reckon there's a few more in front of him. Mullaney, Porter, J.Taylor, Davies, O'keefe to name a few

You don't even know who my club is

Guru14;271885 said:
Big Bas bowl alright on the weekend? Anyway Crea is out for 2 matches suspended as he had a run at Grand United when the VTCA games were washed out. Edrich has a shoulder problem and is a very big maybe. I know there are one or two around the place that will sleep a little easier knowing he might not be throwing thunderbolts at them. Speaking of throwing thunderbolts does anyone know what's happened to S Bennett seems to have fallen off the face of the earth. I can tell you Jacana made a decision last year not to bowl him until he got his action right. You've got to give a club a little more respect based on that stance. Craigieburn have apparently come along in leaps and bounds from last year. They were apparently going along well at 3/100 off 25ish on Saturday before in came tumbling down. Baker was solid and the side will be better for having Miler back, add Nolan and Woodgate who were unavailable and it becomes a pretty good lineup. Just a question, what if your game against Hoppers Crossing was washed out? I would think you would be significantly penalised compared to those who play them.:cool:

My mail is Edrich broke his hand and is out till X-mas.
S.Bennett from Jacana looks like he's not playing cricket for a 2nd season in a row. He was very dangerous but had to fix up that action. Had some trouble with a broken arm I think sustained from footy last season but not sure what the story is now.

mickeybee;271926 said:
My take on the payed player situation

Without payed players, the VTCA would be a poor comp. I have been a casual observer of this forum this year, and the amount of people that seem to hate the fact that we play against players that demand money for their ability.

I understand that many people like having paid players, however, they believe that the '2 paid player' rule is either not enforced, or is a waste of time in the first place. I guess I agree to this.

But how can the VTCA possibly enforce this rule? they seem to have a hard enough job with everything else.

I know that I very much enjoy telling people that I play against Brown, Taylor, that Sri Lankan fella Banda, and others..

I guess what i'm trying to say (very badly), is that without these players, we would be hack park cricketers, with these guys, at least there is a bit of credability to the comp. Even though I play for OEG, who don't have all the funds in the world, and as a result are negatively effected by this rule. It is definatly better for the comp to have these guys running around.

What does everyone else think? Try to keep it constructive please..

You've got my vote mickeybee. You have hit the nail right on the head. Attracting more gun players to play in our association can only be better for all concerned. It lifts the standard as you said and enhances the reputation of the association. However I think cricket victoria would be looking darkly at the v.t.c.a. seeing an exodus of premier players slipping south to the v.t.c.a. Although I beleive more and more premier clubs are allegedly paying a few players under the counter in contravention of the rules. Maybe we should change our name to cricket federation of victoria and be in direct competition. We have already surpassed the v.s.d.c.a. As for clubs with not much loot, fortunately for them our association has three other levels of "A" Grade where they can feel comfortable. Where is it written that they have a God given right that they can only play Seniors.

Slipper;272013 said:

Tend to agree with NorthClubsDontPayPlayers about Lamb. Fair call about South A, Slipper, but he has topped the runs 3 years straight averaging 50+, you can't do any more than that. He's only 24yo and was finished with district cricket at 20yo. Bit like Ion. Would still play district 1st XI if he stopped playing for cash, there aren't too many blokes who could safely do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back