VTCA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: VTCA Thread

fooey5for10;274201 said:
youlden parkville 2s are in a solid position v williamstown cyms after day 1.

an interesting day 2 itll be come this saturday...

I reckon describing a victory on Day 1, 60 in front on first innings and 7 down, as solid is a decent understatement. By all means, don't get carried away, but allow yourself a bit more excitement than to describe it as 'solid'. And 'interesting' is a good way to describe cracking the first can open at 4:30 with 16 or so points in the back pocket. Maybe my mediocrity as got the better of me.

You would have been in some danger from the missiles on the adjacent ground... 373 is a massive score!

fooey5for10;274201 said:
youlden parkville 2s are in a solid position v williamstown cyms after day 1.

an interesting day 2 itll be come this saturday...

I reckon describing a victory on Day 1, 60 in front on first innings and 7 down, as solid is a decent understatement. By all means, don't get carried away, but allow yourself a bit more excitement than to describe it as 'solid'. And 'interesting' is a good way to describe cracking the first can open at 4:30 with 16 or so points in the back pocket. Maybe my mediocrity as got the better of me.

You would have been in some danger from the missiles on the adjacent ground... 373 is a massive score!

Cash Man;274029 said:
Luke Stewart??? I hope he's getting cash for good coaching at Brighton District cos he couldn't be getting cash for playing - just an ordinary Senior A cricketer. Either that or it's cash for rolling a strip in the middle of the Dendy Park paddock, not an easy task.

Yeah, was out on a limb a bit with that one.

Cash Man;274029 said:
Luke Stewart??? I hope he's getting cash for good coaching at Brighton District cos he couldn't be getting cash for playing - just an ordinary Senior A cricketer. Either that or it's cash for rolling a strip in the middle of the Dendy Park paddock, not an easy task.

Yeah, was out on a limb a bit with that one.

Vicious and Well Directed;274027 said:
Onas seems like a nice guy, and an ok cricketer but the best bowling all-rounder in the comp is possibly the most ridiculous thing that has ever been stated on this thread. I'd reckon that every team on Senior A has someone as good if not better.

For starters in Senior A:
Billy Blair
David Cassell
Kane Roach
Yasas Tillikeratne
Craig Osbourne
Danny Law
Luke Stewart

Litinsky has an effort ball and is handy. Gelbart gets wickets by bowling of the wrong f**king foot and confusing the f**k out of batsmen! And from what I've heard, the Jackers spinners are very ordinary.

Good on you for having a go and putting forward an opinion. But Kane Roach, please. Maybe nth"B". Can't bowl and pick up wickets when it counts and shows a certain frailty when some pace is around.

Vicious and Well Directed;274027 said:
Onas seems like a nice guy, and an ok cricketer but the best bowling all-rounder in the comp is possibly the most ridiculous thing that has ever been stated on this thread. I'd reckon that every team on Senior A has someone as good if not better.

For starters in Senior A:
Billy Blair
David Cassell
Kane Roach
Yasas Tillikeratne
Craig Osbourne
Danny Law
Luke Stewart

Litinsky has an effort ball and is handy. Gelbart gets wickets by bowling of the wrong f**king foot and confusing the f**k out of batsmen! And from what I've heard, the Jackers spinners are very ordinary.

Good on you for having a go and putting forward an opinion. But Kane Roach, please. Maybe nth"B". Can't bowl and pick up wickets when it counts and shows a certain frailty when some pace is around.

SHAGGY;274028 said:
An absolute truth about their batting line up.

T. Mckerracher is up there as one of the worst players in North A1. bowls absolute puss and a 22 ball duck on the weekend justs adds to comedy that is T. Mckerracher.

Couldn't even throw his bat over the clubrooms despite many attempts after being stumped by over 2 metres on the weekend

Come on S Byrne. please put an end to this travisty and play him where he belongs. St Albans 3rd X1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Could'nt agree with you more. Good junior player with plenty of potential. But can't cut it in "A" grade. "T" Ball" could be the go.:rolleyes:

SHAGGY;274028 said:
An absolute truth about their batting line up.

T. Mckerracher is up there as one of the worst players in North A1. bowls absolute puss and a 22 ball duck on the weekend justs adds to comedy that is T. Mckerracher.

Couldn't even throw his bat over the clubrooms despite many attempts after being stumped by over 2 metres on the weekend

Come on S Byrne. please put an end to this travisty and play him where he belongs. St Albans 3rd X1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Could'nt agree with you more. Good junior player with plenty of potential. But can't cut it in "A" grade. "T" Ball" could be the go.:rolleyes:

Vicious and Well Directed;274218 said:

**laugh** lets just say weve started 08/09 in 'solid' fashion, vawd... ;)

yeah saw the score online monday evening - looks like royal park brunswick really gave melbourne high school old boys what for. strange though, none came our way!!

Vicious and Well Directed;274218 said:

**laugh** lets just say weve started 08/09 in 'solid' fashion, vawd... ;)

yeah saw the score online monday evening - looks like royal park brunswick really gave melbourne high school old boys what for. strange though, none came our way!!

Dingo_Jones;274282 said:

Can we not talk about duds like Timmy!!!!! Please - spare us all the 30 seconds it takes to read the crap about him. 30 seconds i will never get back.

Dingo_Jones;274282 said:

Can we not talk about duds like Timmy!!!!! Please - spare us all the 30 seconds it takes to read the crap about him. 30 seconds i will never get back.

love to know how "in the spirit" of the game you can throw every piece of your equipment while still walking off the ground inc throwing your bat over the pavillion, whilst screaming f&$*, c$#@ and other associated words and not get any type of reprimand from the umpire ??....T McKerracher....u r one lucky man

this is after your own Capt gave u out stumped when there was no doubt it was anything other than OUT

then have the internal fortitude to sledge Abers players on their ability....

go and do stand up pal.....classic comedy !!

love to know how "in the spirit" of the game you can throw every piece of your equipment while still walking off the ground inc throwing your bat over the pavillion, whilst screaming f&$*, c$#@ and other associated words and not get any type of reprimand from the umpire ??....T McKerracher....u r one lucky man

this is after your own Capt gave u out stumped when there was no doubt it was anything other than OUT

then have the internal fortitude to sledge Abers players on their ability....

go and do stand up pal.....classic comedy !!

Dingo_Jones;274269 said:

30 wickets last year is a handy return and 20 the year before that, although may have been helped a fair bit by Gallage at the other end.

Dingo_Jones;274269 said:

30 wickets last year is a handy return and 20 the year before that, although may have been helped a fair bit by Gallage at the other end.

been there done that;274062 said:
Obviously Dan is a quality player. Seems to have plenty of time when he bats, the sign of someone that has played at district 1's level. Very level headed, doesnt get flustered, speaks quietly. With the inclusion of Ash Robertson, along with a keeper/batsmen, our depth has increased. Would have been nice to have kept Nathan Brostor for this year. We are playing 2 17 year old bowlers at present, both learning the trade but going ok. Our problem over the years has been the middle of the road players not being able to take the next step up, unlike other sides who seem to have blokes coming in at say 7,8,,9 and making a 20-40. We are definately heading in the right direction, which is the main thing.

Davies is class with the bat, as evidenced by a great ton witnessed last year, his bowling is steady and on the money, I would rate him up there as a good all-rounder, certainly in the top 10 in Senior Div.

Not sure about these Ajax blokes, they came up by default because Chelsea don't want to travel anymore, can't see anyone rating them until they show form in Senior A against the likes of Hoppers, Strathmore MHS etc

been there done that;274062 said:
Obviously Dan is a quality player. Seems to have plenty of time when he bats, the sign of someone that has played at district 1's level. Very level headed, doesnt get flustered, speaks quietly. With the inclusion of Ash Robertson, along with a keeper/batsmen, our depth has increased. Would have been nice to have kept Nathan Brostor for this year. We are playing 2 17 year old bowlers at present, both learning the trade but going ok. Our problem over the years has been the middle of the road players not being able to take the next step up, unlike other sides who seem to have blokes coming in at say 7,8,,9 and making a 20-40. We are definately heading in the right direction, which is the main thing.

Davies is class with the bat, as evidenced by a great ton witnessed last year, his bowling is steady and on the money, I would rate him up there as a good all-rounder, certainly in the top 10 in Senior Div.

Not sure about these Ajax blokes, they came up by default because Chelsea don't want to travel anymore, can't see anyone rating them until they show form in Senior A against the likes of Hoppers, Strathmore MHS etc

All round class;274494 said:

Hoppers and Strathmore yes, but didn't MHSOB avoid relegation by scraping over the line in the last game of the year?!

All round class;274494 said:

Hoppers and Strathmore yes, but didn't MHSOB avoid relegation by scraping over the line in the last game of the year?!

Vicious and Well Directed;274497 said:

Fair call, although MHS have been a handy side in that comp for a while and I notice they rattled up a 9/313 at the High school at the weekend, yes I know it is a postage stamp, but not often do they get beat there when the home side posts a total.

Would think Hillas of Royal Park is claiming a spot as an allrounder, bit like Davies, classy bat and handy bowler.

Vicious and Well Directed;274497 said:

Fair call, although MHS have been a handy side in that comp for a while and I notice they rattled up a 9/313 at the High school at the weekend, yes I know it is a postage stamp, but not often do they get beat there when the home side posts a total.

Would think Hillas of Royal Park is claiming a spot as an allrounder, bit like Davies, classy bat and handy bowler.

All round class;274501 said:

Guys anyone capable of making 300+ runs and taking 20+ wickets in Snr Div is a good all rounder. I know some blokes have a few more hits, or bowl a few more overs, but only the good ones can get those figures.

All round class;274501 said:

Guys anyone capable of making 300+ runs and taking 20+ wickets in Snr Div is a good all rounder. I know some blokes have a few more hits, or bowl a few more overs, but only the good ones can get those figures.

Let's talk about North A1. looks to me like a fairly even comp again this year. Avondale surprised everyone after losing dodds and albers in a year to have come out and done what they have. Abers by the looks of it have recruited well as well and could be pushing the top four if everything keeps going right for them, drove past their ground last night and pitch looks a belta, Greenvale with the money they are throwing around should be up there. what about the others any news coming from any of the camps??? St Albans look to be struggling, don't seem to have a batting line up now that Roach has gone. shouldn't have spent the money they are on brne. hasn't taken a wicket nor made a run but i guess thats what happens when your a one man team too bad he isn't as good as Roach. too much pressure on him. should have offered an extra 5000 to roach to stay this year then they might be a chance. East keilor must finish last this year and will slip in nicely to north B. 2 relegations in 2 years heading their way.

Let's talk about North A1. looks to me like a fairly even comp again this year. Avondale surprised everyone after losing dodds and albers in a year to have come out and done what they have. Abers by the looks of it have recruited well as well and could be pushing the top four if everything keeps going right for them, drove past their ground last night and pitch looks a belta, Greenvale with the money they are throwing around should be up there. what about the others any news coming from any of the camps??? St Albans look to be struggling, don't seem to have a batting line up now that Roach has gone. shouldn't have spent the money they are on brne. hasn't taken a wicket nor made a run but i guess thats what happens when your a one man team too bad he isn't as good as Roach. too much pressure on him. should have offered an extra 5000 to roach to stay this year then they might be a chance. East keilor must finish last this year and will slip in nicely to north B. 2 relegations in 2 years heading their way.

How about lets not talk about North A?

This forum has got back on track with some discussion on Senior and Senior A, lets not bring it down a level and talk about the battlers in North A

This forum has got back on track with some discussion on Senior and Senior A, lets not bring it down a level and talk about the battlers in North A

NorthClubsDontPayPlayers;274725 said:

well, just because some of us are sick and tired of hearing you guys talk about how shit spotswoods ground/ deck was for the grand final all u have been doing is bitching and moaning about it and at the end of the day it was fair for the two teams playing both had to bat on it and both got to bowl on it. Just cos u guys come out on roads every week you get one bad deck and now we all have to listen to this. You are probably a thirds player who thinks he is great cos his 1st are in senior well my freind....get over yourself. last time i logged in, this was a VTCA thread and not a senior thread. last time i checked as well north A was in the VTCA... correct me if i am wrong. and sure your going to come back well "its a shit comp and only hacks play in it and it shouldn't be allowed to play under the tyitle of VTCA". There ya go no need to write back i just saved you the energy. If you only want to hear about senior then get of your arse and create it. If your not going to then just shut up and read what everyone else wants to say. after all we are allowed an opion

NorthClubsDontPayPlayers;274725 said:

well, just because some of us are sick and tired of hearing you guys talk about how shit spotswoods ground/ deck was for the grand final all u have been doing is bitching and moaning about it and at the end of the day it was fair for the two teams playing both had to bat on it and both got to bowl on it. Just cos u guys come out on roads every week you get one bad deck and now we all have to listen to this. You are probably a thirds player who thinks he is great cos his 1st are in senior well my freind....get over yourself. last time i logged in, this was a VTCA thread and not a senior thread. last time i checked as well north A was in the VTCA... correct me if i am wrong. and sure your going to come back well "its a shit comp and only hacks play in it and it shouldn't be allowed to play under the tyitle of VTCA". There ya go no need to write back i just saved you the energy. If you only want to hear about senior then get of your arse and create it. If your not going to then just shut up and read what everyone else wants to say. after all we are allowed an opion

Gday all, Rossy from Spotty ere. I have heard a few of the lads talkin bout this big cricket and I thought I would check it out. Gee alot of animosity on here? And from people who do not put their name? Still, had a few laughs reading through a few posts. Keep the entertainment up please.:D
All have fun in 30 degrees tomoz:eek:

Gday all, Rossy from Spotty ere. I have heard a few of the lads talkin bout this big cricket and I thought I would check it out. Gee alot of animosity on here? And from people who do not put their name? Still, had a few laughs reading through a few posts. Keep the entertainment up please.:D
All have fun in 30 degrees tomoz:eek:

NorthClubsDontPayPlayers;274734 said:
yes you are allowed an opinion, but north A has been discussed for the last 300 pages.

300 too many. no one wants to hear about nth or sth A.

Too many battlers running around in teams in those comps!

NorthClubsDontPayPlayers;274734 said:
yes you are allowed an opinion, but north A has been discussed for the last 300 pages.

300 too many. no one wants to hear about nth or sth A.

Too many battlers running around in teams in those comps!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back