VTCA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: VTCA Thread

southern sledge;278548 said:
Yes Dingo you are right, but it would be hard to know who's telling the truth.Most covers after a couple of years have holes in them.I believe a couple of clubs last year were pinged for poor use of covers, without looking back was one of them Brighton against Bentleigh someone from either club will be able to tell no doubt.

The covers at my club have a few pin holes in them, fortunately not on or around a good length. I've been asking for the last two seasons for the guys to patch them up. Because the holes are difficult to find, no one seems to have the will to try. Losing 6 points could all of a sudden snap them out of there malaise. Mind you opposition night hawkers under the cover of darkness could easily introduce some H2o under the covers in the appropriate places. That in it's self would be a dead give away. Especially if there were no holes in the covers in the near vicinity. Boys will be boys.

southern sledge;278548 said:
Yes Dingo you are right, but it would be hard to know who's telling the truth.Most covers after a couple of years have holes in them.I believe a couple of clubs last year were pinged for poor use of covers, without looking back was one of them Brighton against Bentleigh someone from either club will be able to tell no doubt.

The covers at my club have a few pin holes in them, fortunately not on or around a good length. I've been asking for the last two seasons for the guys to patch them up. Because the holes are difficult to find, no one seems to have the will to try. Losing 6 points could all of a sudden snap them out of there malaise. Mind you opposition night hawkers under the cover of darkness could easily introduce some H2o under the covers in the appropriate places. That in it's self would be a dead give away. Especially if there were no holes in the covers in the near vicinity. Boys will be boys.

Interesting what the VTCA powers do this week with rain forcast on Friday, a few couple of clubs in Senior who a washout this week would save them defeat.

Interesting what the VTCA powers do this week with rain forcast on Friday, a few couple of clubs in Senior who a washout this week would save them defeat.

I think Troy Lamb and Jonothan Weinstock are two best players in the competition. They are professionals and are nicest two blokes at the club. End of story.

I think Troy Lamb and Jonothan Weinstock are two best players in the competition. They are professionals and are nicest two blokes at the club. End of story.

Laurie Shneider;278643 said:

I have a poster of each of them on my wall, although an autograph would be nice. are you happy to arrange that for me as a personal favour? :rolleyes:

I have a poster of each of them on my wall, although an autograph would be nice. are you happy to arrange that for me as a personal favour? :rolleyes:

southern sledge;278630 said:

we at youlden parkville hope this doesnt happen as were confident of beating royal park brunswick this week - weve set them 280 so it should be a pretty interesting run chase if its wet...

southern sledge;278630 said:

we at youlden parkville hope this doesnt happen as were confident of beating royal park brunswick this week - weve set them 280 so it should be a pretty interesting run chase if its wet...

JUSTCALLME X;276987 said:
Agree - well said. Its good to read people talking about the cricket who know something (or think they do!!!!)

APW v SC - huge game. could be a preview of a finals game this year. SC if A Russell back, if not APW just.
Doutta to roll Hampton easy - Rutley another bag.. not many other bowlers
YC v Spotty could be closer than people think. I'm going the underdog
RPB v Youlden - RPB to continue early form, Hillas more runs
McK v Alt - Alt bowling too strong
Keilor v OEG- keilor. Porter to get a big one

Weather could play a part though - good toss to win.

Obviously a good toss to win for Sth Caulf and Hampton..... 17 wickets lost in both games - interesting if the toss went the other way!!

JUSTCALLME X;276987 said:
Agree - well said. Its good to read people talking about the cricket who know something (or think they do!!!!)

APW v SC - huge game. could be a preview of a finals game this year. SC if A Russell back, if not APW just.
Doutta to roll Hampton easy - Rutley another bag.. not many other bowlers
YC v Spotty could be closer than people think. I'm going the underdog
RPB v Youlden - RPB to continue early form, Hillas more runs
McK v Alt - Alt bowling too strong
Keilor v OEG- keilor. Porter to get a big one

Weather could play a part though - good toss to win.

Obviously a good toss to win for Sth Caulf and Hampton..... 17 wickets lost in both games - interesting if the toss went the other way!!

Too Old Body Broke;278247 said:
Anders wanted a crack at being skipper in the 2's. Doing a great job so far. Got a few runs too. He has a bung shoulder, so keeping is out of the question. He keeps telling me how good his left arm pies are going though!!
how come ur not playing this year m8 wheels said u got injured pretty bad last year? its jim ryan by the way i played couple of games with you couple of years back saw your post the other day

Too Old Body Broke;278247 said:
Anders wanted a crack at being skipper in the 2's. Doing a great job so far. Got a few runs too. He has a bung shoulder, so keeping is out of the question. He keeps telling me how good his left arm pies are going though!!
how come ur not playing this year m8 wheels said u got injured pretty bad last year? its jim ryan by the way i played couple of games with you couple of years back saw your post the other day

bleed cricket;278660 said:

g'day mate... i remember you from last season's pre-season. you are at nth melb now right? how are things going there for you?

g'day mate... i remember you from last season's pre-season. you are at nth melb now right? how are things going there for you?

DizzyGillepsie;278662 said:
hey yeh still playing in the 3's goin alrite they are strugglin with injuries atm so plenty of opportunity if i can get sum runs lol try to get down to as many of the spotty games as possible saw the threes the other day play on a sunday, soz m8 not sure who this is but how u goin ne way?

DizzyGillepsie;278662 said:
hey yeh still playing in the 3's goin alrite they are strugglin with injuries atm so plenty of opportunity if i can get sum runs lol try to get down to as many of the spotty games as possible saw the threes the other day play on a sunday, soz m8 not sure who this is but how u goin ne way?

I think most people Laurie would have a better opinion of Weinstock, he is a top fella.

I think most people Laurie would have a better opinion of Weinstock, he is a top fella.

TURNER UPDATE #12

After a short stint in India attempting to destroy another international career Turner was spotted at the weekend trying save his life membership to YCCC. Problem was it was at Spotty. When asked why he was there drinking he said it's the same colours as whats on this (His lifemembership) and they give me free booze as well. After spending the afternoon watching his fat mate "I take the shine off the ball for the real batsmen Patrolli" demolish yet another afternoon tea. He was last seen running away from a kebab shop in the early hours with a mate named "No legs"?? His other fat mate Taylor was arrested trying to eat the kebab van??

TURNER UPDATE #12

After a short stint in India attempting to destroy another international career Turner was spotted at the weekend trying save his life membership to YCCC. Problem was it was at Spotty. When asked why he was there drinking he said it's the same colours as whats on this (His lifemembership) and they give me free booze as well. After spending the afternoon watching his fat mate "I take the shine off the ball for the real batsmen Patrolli" demolish yet another afternoon tea. He was last seen running away from a kebab shop in the early hours with a mate named "No legs"?? His other fat mate Taylor was arrested trying to eat the kebab van??

JUSTCALLME X;278658 said:
[/B]

Obviously it would have been a bit different. First of all Asif Jan and Johnny Taylor might have batted a bit further up the order rather that hide-away down the order. Looks like the wicket was still a bit ordinary when SC batted.

As for the Hampton game they were 6/nothing when they batted so it would appear the wicket was not much better when they got on it. One solid partneship is all that got them over the line.

While we all enjoy playing on good decks we all know we are not always going to get them everywhere until later in the season. It's nice to ocassionlly see whether some guys are really good bats or just flat track bully's...Would appear a few bullies got sorted out Saturday. :)

JUSTCALLME X;278658 said:
[/B]

Obviously it would have been a bit different. First of all Asif Jan and Johnny Taylor might have batted a bit further up the order rather that hide-away down the order. Looks like the wicket was still a bit ordinary when SC batted.

As for the Hampton game they were 6/nothing when they batted so it would appear the wicket was not much better when they got on it. One solid partneship is all that got them over the line.

While we all enjoy playing on good decks we all know we are not always going to get them everywhere until later in the season. It's nice to ocassionlly see whether some guys are really good bats or just flat track bully's...Would appear a few bullies got sorted out Saturday. :)

Is that the same Troy Lamb who was suspended for the Grand Final last year for threatening a fifteen year old kid and calling him a cheat??
Is that the same Troy Lamb that then refused to apologise even though his teammates implored him to??
Is that the same Troy Lamb that then sat on the hill and abused the same kids mother (and three other mums) during the Grand Final but then left when a few men came over??

Is that the same Jono Weinstock that consistently sledged a bloke about his son being disabled during the Grand Final??

If so, I agree, nice blokes.....:rolleyes:

They are both very good cricketers however. Thats positive! :)

Keep living in fantasy land Laurie!

Is that the same Troy Lamb who was suspended for the Grand Final last year for threatening a fifteen year old kid and calling him a cheat??
Is that the same Troy Lamb that then refused to apologise even though his teammates implored him to??
Is that the same Troy Lamb that then sat on the hill and abused the same kids mother (and three other mums) during the Grand Final but then left when a few men came over??

Is that the same Jono Weinstock that consistently sledged a bloke about his son being disabled during the Grand Final??

If so, I agree, nice blokes.....:rolleyes:

They are both very good cricketers however. Thats positive! :)

Keep living in fantasy land Laurie!

Hey Chopper. Not sure about the injured pretty bad comment. My mrs is working most sat arvos. So it has made it almost impossible to get a game in. Will be ok for the 2 1 dayers after xmas I hope!! Loving getting up on Sundays and not walking like Steady Eddie for 3 days!!

How are you enjoying Nth? See you have ad a few starts (scores) but getting out. You and B/Clarke will always be welcomed back when you are ready. You 2 could have been handy this year for us.

Hey Chopper. Not sure about the injured pretty bad comment. My mrs is working most sat arvos. So it has made it almost impossible to get a game in. Will be ok for the 2 1 dayers after xmas I hope!! Loving getting up on Sundays and not walking like Steady Eddie for 3 days!!

How are you enjoying Nth? See you have ad a few starts (scores) but getting out. You and B/Clarke will always be welcomed back when you are ready. You 2 could have been handy this year for us.

I read a couple of pages ago to keep posts constructive.:rolleyes:

I read a couple of pages ago to keep posts constructive.:rolleyes:

Millhouse;278698 said:
TURNER UPDATE #12

god if thesen aren't the funniest posts ever written...
gotta love the turner updates lol

also was wondering what the rest of you blokes though of the APW vs SC game, reckon APW are a shot at a 2nd innings win??
same with doutta??
wat about trhe rest of the results...
whose gonna win and lose???

Millhouse;278698 said:
TURNER UPDATE #12

god if thesen aren't the funniest posts ever written...
gotta love the turner updates lol

also was wondering what the rest of you blokes though of the APW vs SC game, reckon APW are a shot at a 2nd innings win??
same with doutta??
wat about trhe rest of the results...
whose gonna win and lose???

Millhouse;278698 said:
TURNER UPDATE #12

Apparently in local paper(The Mail) one Kebab van stolen from
outside the Palms pokies,seen in drivers seat bloke with balding hair
and winnie blue in mouth saying i made a double century with Turner,
no legs,J.D,petrolli and taylor hanging onto the outside of van
asking 4 more food,last seen heading Buckley park way?
Maybe Vic Police has heard more????:

Millhouse;278698 said:
TURNER UPDATE #12

well at least it wasn't the HEKTIK Kebab van on dynon rd that got stolen. apparently that thing is lethal. i think i heard something about a twin turbo skyline GT-R motor or something. :)

well at least it wasn't the HEKTIK Kebab van on dynon rd that got stolen. apparently that thing is lethal. i think i heard something about a twin turbo skyline GT-R motor or something. :)

century scorer;278797 said:

these blokes that your critising arent playing cricket to be judged on their personal life by some guy who wishes they where half as good as them. so leave your comments about the actual games rather than critising blokes you wouldnt even know.

century scorer;278797 said:

these blokes that your critising arent playing cricket to be judged on their personal life by some guy who wishes they where half as good as them. so leave your comments about the actual games rather than critising blokes you wouldnt even know.

You can make comment on how good a toss it was to win about any games...god only knows they have in india....end of the day it's what the toss is for.50/50.
The Hampton deck isn't at it's best but there were a lot of ambitious shots from what i saw plus the size of the ground makes it harder to score runs on a dodgy pitch.If we had flat decks everywhere wouldn't that make for boring cricket.

You can make comment on how good a toss it was to win about any games...god only knows they have in india....end of the day it's what the toss is for.50/50.
The Hampton deck isn't at it's best but there were a lot of ambitious shots from what i saw plus the size of the ground makes it harder to score runs on a dodgy pitch.If we had flat decks everywhere wouldn't that make for boring cricket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back