VTCA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: VTCA Thread

imported_smack that;281703 said:
anyone know of any scores yet, interesting to see bakes is already out could make for a good game next week

Heard that the track at Doutta was 5 ft too long. Umpires measured and could not believe it:eek::eek: WTF?? What would be the rules associated with this type of situation?

imported_smack that;281703 said:
anyone know of any scores yet, interesting to see bakes is already out could make for a good game next week

Heard that the track at Doutta was 5 ft too long. Umpires measured and could not believe it:eek::eek: WTF?? What would be the rules associated with this type of situation?

I see the Altona North Legend Brian Bouchier is in some great form at the moment.

12 runs in 5 innings at an average of 2.4

I hear they are trying to get Mick Megne down from Darwin to replace him for the next round.He couldnt do a lot worse by the looks of it!

I see the Altona North Legend Brian Bouchier is in some great form at the moment.

12 runs in 5 innings at an average of 2.4

I hear they are trying to get Mick Megne down from Darwin to replace him for the next round.He couldnt do a lot worse by the looks of it!

Scott Porter - amazing. Great bat but to score 155 of 240 when he was in is a great effort. The wicket of Baker would only top off a great day for Keilor. This could turn their season around.

Those who said APW would dominate against RPB were incorrect and misguided. Even without C Hillas RPB restricted them to 200, A Jan a very slow innings. RPB Should get those runs and assume flag favourtism if Sth Caulfield dont get over the line v OEG.

Spotty should knock Doutta over but their bowling is a little suspect and if Doutta get their act together they could win.

C Hall a big 6 for following his big ton last week, setting McKinnon up for a win.

A very interesting round so far.

Scott Porter - amazing. Great bat but to score 155 of 240 when he was in is a great effort. The wicket of Baker would only top off a great day for Keilor. This could turn their season around.

Those who said APW would dominate against RPB were incorrect and misguided. Even without C Hillas RPB restricted them to 200, A Jan a very slow innings. RPB Should get those runs and assume flag favourtism if Sth Caulfield dont get over the line v OEG.

Spotty should knock Doutta over but their bowling is a little suspect and if Doutta get their act together they could win.

C Hall a big 6 for following his big ton last week, setting McKinnon up for a win.

NorthClubsDontPayPlayers;282251 said:

it could make for an interesting ladder if the above sides you mentioned get up. would leave a few sides on 3-1, with a/west 2/2.... Keilor and McKinnon will rely heavily though on Porter and Hall, and if they dont perform their sides could struggle. However, they are both flying at the moment. Im sure Y/C will need O'Keefe to get a big one. Also why is Hillas out?

it could make for an interesting ladder if the above sides you mentioned get up. would leave a few sides on 3-1, with a/west 2/2.... Keilor and McKinnon will rely heavily though on Porter and Hall, and if they dont perform their sides could struggle. However, they are both flying at the moment. Im sure Y/C will need O'Keefe to get a big one. Also why is Hillas out?

Too Old Body Broke;282242 said:

at first i was thinking "wow, i'm seeing it like a beachball out here", then i realised why...

i heard someone say that the curator must have mistaken 22 yards for 20 metres, seems like a feasible scenario.

Too Old Body Broke;282242 said:

at first i was thinking "wow, i'm seeing it like a beachball out here", then i realised why...

i heard someone say that the curator must have mistaken 22 yards for 20 metres, seems like a feasible scenario.

DizzyGillepsie;282253 said:

So is anything happening with this????? Surely it cant be true!!

DizzyGillepsie;282253 said:

what do you mean by suspect? are you calling us a bunch of chuckers? :)

what do you mean by suspect? are you calling us a bunch of chuckers? :)

JUSTCALLME X;282256 said:

i have no info as discussions were kept confidential between captains and umpires.

actually, i can't really comment about the length of the pitch, my previous comment is not based on any real evidence. i'll leave it up to the officals i think

JUSTCALLME X;282256 said:

i have no info as discussions were kept confidential between captains and umpires.

actually, i can't really comment about the length of the pitch, my previous comment is not based on any real evidence. i'll leave it up to the officals i think

Guru14;235886 said:
Just stating the facts Uncle, We'll talk about the second week of February as to your chances in B1!!:eek:
Dear Guru14,

Do you regret posting message number 2938?

Before ball had been bowled this season you proffered your advice as to which teams would struggle this season. When pressed by Uncle Windows you were unequivocal about the prospects of the Avondale Heights CC. In fact, you were "Just stating the facts..."

I admire a person who is prepared to make a statement and support it with sound reasoning. However, what you wrote had no basis and can only be described as arrant nonsense. Your cocksureness as to the correctness of your statement reveals the true Guru, you write, "We'll talk about the second week of February as to your chances in B1!!" You even add an emoticon for effect.

Will you provide more advice as to the future for my amusement? Uncle Windows must be laughing at you now. Should I contact Merrill J. Fernando to get some tea leaves and put the kettle on?

Guru14;235886 said:
Just stating the facts Uncle, We'll talk about the second week of February as to your chances in B1!!:eek:
Dear Guru14,

Before ball had been bowled this season you proffered your advice as to which teams would struggle this season. When pressed by Uncle Windows you were unequivocal about the prospects of the Avondale Heights CC. In fact, you were "Just stating the facts..."

I admire a person who is prepared to make a statement and support it with sound reasoning. However, what you wrote had no basis and can only be described as arrant nonsense. Your cocksureness as to the correctness of your statement reveals the true Guru, you write, "We'll talk about the second week of February as to your chances in B1!!" You even add an emoticon for effect.

Will you provide more advice as to the future for my amusement? Uncle Windows must be laughing at you now. Should I contact Merrill J. Fernando to get some tea leaves and put the kettle on?

Heywood..... are you saying Av Heights are over the line against Westmeadows this game ?

they made 209 and Westmeadows are 0/11 in reply.....

there was a stooge from Abers that hasnt been of since he stated they were home against someone earlier in the season and then lost....

Av Heights seem to be battling rather than slaying teams....they just got the points against Aberfeldie and seem all too reliant on their Import....

take him out and the skip out of that team and they are very light on.....

Would not be getting ahead of one's self in the A1 North comp with many teams good enough on their day to challenge allcomers...

Heywood..... are you saying Av Heights are over the line against Westmeadows this game ?

there was a stooge from Abers that hasnt been of since he stated they were home against someone earlier in the season and then lost....

Av Heights seem to be battling rather than slaying teams....they just got the points against Aberfeldie and seem all too reliant on their Import....

Would not be getting ahead of one's self in the A1 North comp with many teams good enough on their day to challenge allcomers...

John_Dyson;282278 said:

I dont disagree with you Jonny re this week but think Heywood has a point - cant imagine them getting relegated now....

and after Friday night, you might need to watch out - I think Dighton mightve stolen some of your thunder after living off that catch for nearly 30 years

John_Dyson;282278 said:

I dont disagree with you Jonny re this week but think Heywood has a point - cant imagine them getting relegated now....

and after Friday night, you might need to watch out - I think Dighton mightve stolen some of your thunder after living off that catch for nearly 30 years

Heywood Jablowme;282273 said:
Dear Guru14,

Heywood, I certainly wouldn't be the first person they have surprised so far this season, but as you would realise we are three and a half games into a season that goes for 11. Looking at who they have played makes interesting reading. Round 1 against Greenvale a very good win against a side who I feel should be right in the hunt for the finals, round 2 a win against F/United who are in the danger zone given the executive directive. Round 3 first innings loss against Abers, then knock them over for 63 and reverse them, well everyone knows where Abers unfortunately will sit this year. Round 4, I think a little light with 208 against Westy on what looked like a pretty good deck,Jeffrey with 124 obviously saved their bacon. I'm certainly not convinced yet but as we know a strong pre Christmas makes the post Christmas games a little easier. I think there will be some tougher times when you start playing the real contenders in A1, but can't question the start they've had to the season. My assumption was based on no Albers and Dodd, two of their proven performers and I thought and still think they will struggle at the end of the season. I look forward to being proven wrong.

Heywood Jablowme;282273 said:
Dear Guru14,

Heywood, I certainly wouldn't be the first person they have surprised so far this season, but as you would realise we are three and a half games into a season that goes for 11. Looking at who they have played makes interesting reading. Round 1 against Greenvale a very good win against a side who I feel should be right in the hunt for the finals, round 2 a win against F/United who are in the danger zone given the executive directive. Round 3 first innings loss against Abers, then knock them over for 63 and reverse them, well everyone knows where Abers unfortunately will sit this year. Round 4, I think a little light with 208 against Westy on what looked like a pretty good deck,Jeffrey with 124 obviously saved their bacon. I'm certainly not convinced yet but as we know a strong pre Christmas makes the post Christmas games a little easier. I think there will be some tougher times when you start playing the real contenders in A1, but can't question the start they've had to the season. My assumption was based on no Albers and Dodd, two of their proven performers and I thought and still think they will struggle at the end of the season. I look forward to being proven wrong.

The Big Zee;282282 said:

Dont think they'll be relegated either....but don't see them as certain Finals contenders either...need more than 2 players to step up, take the big ton out this game and they are in HUGE trouble....

as for the catch....my one was in the TEST arena not some slap and tickle 20/20 match.....he wasn't a former Goal Keeper like myself either...if we based catches of the century we could probably put Fatty Vautin's one hander in some other slap and tickle affair many moons ago into the equation ;)

The Big Zee;282282 said:

Dont think they'll be relegated either....but don't see them as certain Finals contenders either...need more than 2 players to step up, take the big ton out this game and they are in HUGE trouble....

as for the catch....my one was in the TEST arena not some slap and tickle 20/20 match.....he wasn't a former Goal Keeper like myself either...if we based catches of the century we could probably put Fatty Vautin's one hander in some other slap and tickle affair many moons ago into the equation ;)

John_Dyson;282278 said:

Intersting mate, but name 1 club in Nth A or for that matter in VTCA which can be a serious finals contender without the services of their 2 paid pros.

Take 2 best players which for most if not all clubs are the paid players out and how many can compete?

Heard there was bit in the wicket b4 tea at westy V AH game mainly due to the rain the previous day and blokes reckon the outfield was very slow and that score of 209 was more like 250 thanks to Jeffrey Ofcourse. Who from his stats from the previous year has only made his 2nd score of 50 + , he's much better than that. But u can't argue they keep winning and if couple of other blokes step up with the bat, with their bowlers they'll do ok. Not wolrd beaters by any means but a danger side. They have to win this week first though, if outfield is slow again as ppl @ the game sugguest than AH have their noses just ahead with runs on board o/w quicker outfield Westy Favourites.

John_Dyson;282278 said:

Intersting mate, but name 1 club in Nth A or for that matter in VTCA which can be a serious finals contender without the services of their 2 paid pros.

Take 2 best players which for most if not all clubs are the paid players out and how many can compete?

Heard there was bit in the wicket b4 tea at westy V AH game mainly due to the rain the previous day and blokes reckon the outfield was very slow and that score of 209 was more like 250 thanks to Jeffrey Ofcourse. Who from his stats from the previous year has only made his 2nd score of 50 + , he's much better than that. But u can't argue they keep winning and if couple of other blokes step up with the bat, with their bowlers they'll do ok. Not wolrd beaters by any means but a danger side. They have to win this week first though, if outfield is slow again as ppl @ the game sugguest than AH have their noses just ahead with runs on board o/w quicker outfield Westy Favourites.

i thought keilor were in a good possie
2-1 with a "narrow" loss to south caulfield and im sure everyone would admit keilor shoulda won that 1

great innings by Scott Porter, saw a little bit and he flayed the attack around mercilessly, especially the little leggie in his second spell...
top effort...

wondering why o'keefe chose to sit the game out after tea?????
also on another note
yarraville club feilded brilliantly
saved at least 30-40 runs on that field which could make all the difference

i thought keilor were in a good possie
2-1 with a "narrow" loss to south caulfield and im sure everyone would admit keilor shoulda won that 1

great innings by Scott Porter, saw a little bit and he flayed the attack around mercilessly, especially the little leggie in his second spell...
top effort...

wondering why o'keefe chose to sit the game out after tea?????
also on another note
yarraville club feilded brilliantly
saved at least 30-40 runs on that field which could make all the difference

John_Dyson;282278 said:

Dear John,

I am not a hyprocrit! I will not question Guru's reckless foretelling and then do the same myself. Clearly, the game is evenly balanced at the moment and I am not saying either Avondale Heights or Westmeadows will win.

I was not questioning whether Avondale Heights will or won't win the premiership or win or lose this week's match. I was questioning Guru's decision to predict that Avondale Heights will perform poorly this year, and I questioned the accuracy of his prediction. No more than that. Perhaps Avondale Heights will stumble but to date that has not occurred and despite what you and Guru say about the manner in which they have won, one indisputable issue is that they have won their earlier games.

I agree with The Big Zee that your claim to that *****n' catch as described by the 12th Man and its greatness is now under threat. however, I still believe that your catch was better John in that you were higher off the ground and stretched further back to take your catch.

As with all sports, it can be a good thing to win despite not playing at the top of your game. It is another thing to be playing at your best and just winning. From what you and Guru write it appears that you agree that they are not playing very well but equally are not yet in danger of relegation.

Perhaps it is best to hold off from commenting on teams until more shape comes into the season!

John_Dyson;282278 said:

Dear John,

I am not a hyprocrit! I will not question Guru's reckless foretelling and then do the same myself. Clearly, the game is evenly balanced at the moment and I am not saying either Avondale Heights or Westmeadows will win.

I was not questioning whether Avondale Heights will or won't win the premiership or win or lose this week's match. I was questioning Guru's decision to predict that Avondale Heights will perform poorly this year, and I questioned the accuracy of his prediction. No more than that. Perhaps Avondale Heights will stumble but to date that has not occurred and despite what you and Guru say about the manner in which they have won, one indisputable issue is that they have won their earlier games.

I agree with The Big Zee that your claim to that *****n' catch as described by the 12th Man and its greatness is now under threat. however, I still believe that your catch was better John in that you were higher off the ground and stretched further back to take your catch.

As with all sports, it can be a good thing to win despite not playing at the top of your game. It is another thing to be playing at your best and just winning. From what you and Guru write it appears that you agree that they are not playing very well but equally are not yet in danger of relegation.

Perhaps it is best to hold off from commenting on teams until more shape comes into the season!

fair enough on all counts Heywood

one thing though....part of the "fun" of this forum is commenting on teams and players at all stages of the season.....not just once it shapes up completely...

some egg on peoples faces will be seen for sure....

fair enough on all counts Heywood

one thing though....part of the "fun" of this forum is commenting on teams and players at all stages of the season.....not just once it shapes up completely...

some egg on peoples faces will be seen for sure....

Where's Laurie's weekly update on how great Ajax are and what pillars of the community they are...? It seems getting rolled for under 200 by a team destined for relegation has left him a bit quiet. Chin up Laurie, at least your boy Dan Onas got some runs... He's superb!

Where's Laurie's weekly update on how great Ajax are and what pillars of the community they are...? It seems getting rolled for under 200 by a team destined for relegation has left him a bit quiet. Chin up Laurie, at least your boy Dan Onas got some runs... He's superb!

Dear John,

Sorry to post a new message but I forgot to respond to your comment re Abers. I guess you are refering to AbersChangedTeam and inferring I should be questioning his comments as well as Guru's.

AbersChangedTeam will have gone to ground because he made a fool of himself and his dignity could not let him continue to do so. If you read his post number 3166 he writes, "Have Westmeadows got their pom back,also KP? Avondale have no depth, so Asif Jan will be a 1 man band. Footscray United will be alot more competitve with Tulla who have Greenvale recruited that holds them in such goo stead. Abers can't wait to play some of these teams. We will be around the mark."

John, if you wrote that would you be spruiking about anything? Aberfeldie CC don't deserve to have their name link to AbersChangedTeam.

Dear John,

Sorry to post a new message but I forgot to respond to your comment re Abers. I guess you are refering to AbersChangedTeam and inferring I should be questioning his comments as well as Guru's.

AbersChangedTeam will have gone to ground because he made a fool of himself and his dignity could not let him continue to do so. If you read his post number 3166 he writes, "Have Westmeadows got their pom back,also KP? Avondale have no depth, so Asif Jan will be a 1 man band. Footscray United will be alot more competitve with Tulla who have Greenvale recruited that holds them in such goo stead. Abers can't wait to play some of these teams. We will be around the mark."

John, if you wrote that would you be spruiking about anything? Aberfeldie CC don't deserve to have their name link to AbersChangedTeam.

JUSTCALLME X;282252 said:

Hillas out - away for Honeymoon....will be back next game......to stregthen the squad.

Sources confirmed to me that APWSTC were a little shellshocked by the consistency of the RPB bowling attack, one side of the deck, ball kept up, all batsman forced to play shots.......simple game this!!!

:D:D:D:D

JUSTCALLME X;282252 said:

Hillas out - away for Honeymoon....will be back next game......to stregthen the squad.

Sources confirmed to me that APWSTC were a little shellshocked by the consistency of the RPB bowling attack, one side of the deck, ball kept up, all batsman forced to play shots.......simple game this!!!

:D:D:D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back