VTCA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: VTCA Thread

Imnotgoing2lie2u;290117 said:
Oh Gday Laurie, There has been alot of talk around the VTCA traps about the amazing debut of Rowan Bricker, with some dubbing him the next Bradman. Can you tell us anything about his deevelopement into a gun VTCA Cericketer?

he won't b in the vtca for too long

Imnotgoing2lie2u;290117 said:
Oh Gday Laurie, There has been alot of talk around the VTCA traps about the amazing debut of Rowan Bricker, with some dubbing him the next Bradman. Can you tell us anything about his deevelopement into a gun VTCA Cericketer?

he won't b in the vtca for too long

southern sledge;290071 said:
And maybe would have better respect from their peers

talking about respect for their peers,can someone please tell me why mckinnon declared when one of their bats was on 99? is their a reason behind it?

southern sledge;290071 said:
And maybe would have better respect from their peers

talking about respect for their peers,can someone please tell me why mckinnon declared when one of their bats was on 99? is their a reason behind it?

JUSTCALLME X;289617 said:
Who you tipping this week - even though a few games have already been won.

Sth Caul 186 v RPB 2/22 - RPB to get up YEP
Hamp 146 v Spot 2/1 - Spotty, 146 not enough YEP
Doutta 169 v Keil 1/13 - Keilor too good YEP
A/West 5/171 v A/N 157 - Outright?? A/N very ordinary YEP
Y/C 0/3 v OEG 199 - YC easy YEP
Y/P 127 v Mck 4/130 - No outright here, boring day for all YEP

Good tipping this week!! Wish the TAB bet on VTCA!!

JUSTCALLME X;289617 said:
Who you tipping this week - even though a few games have already been won.

Sth Caul 186 v RPB 2/22 - RPB to get up YEP
Hamp 146 v Spot 2/1 - Spotty, 146 not enough YEP
Doutta 169 v Keil 1/13 - Keilor too good YEP
A/West 5/171 v A/N 157 - Outright?? A/N very ordinary YEP
Y/C 0/3 v OEG 199 - YC easy YEP
Y/P 127 v Mck 4/130 - No outright here, boring day for all YEP

Good tipping this week!! Wish the TAB bet on VTCA!!

Red Ink No.8;290104 said:
Agree with the Timms comment, have seen him bat, he appears to do it with ease. Clearly the best in Senior A.

Red ink don't let Laurie hear you saying someone is a better bat than Troy Lamb, surely not!!! Timms apparently eats lamb for dinner:eek:

Red Ink No.8;290104 said:
Agree with the Timms comment, have seen him bat, he appears to do it with ease. Clearly the best in Senior A.

Red ink don't let Laurie hear you saying someone is a better bat than Troy Lamb, surely not!!! Timms apparently eats lamb for dinner:eek:

Laurie Shneider;290090 said:
Troy Lamb does not care what peers think of him he just wants Maccabi AJAX to win. He has Maccabi AJAX playing with more confidence than I have ever seen. He is a superstar in an unbelievable team. We were supurb yesterday with our gun all-rounders firing and Jono Weinstock taking unbelievable leg side stumpings off Daniel Onas who bowls very fast. Tough fixtures coming up but we will win them.
Laurie, what chance is there of Maccabi actually winning a flag in this century.If i was you i would be keeping a lid on it.

Laurie Shneider;290090 said:
Troy Lamb does not care what peers think of him he just wants Maccabi AJAX to win. He has Maccabi AJAX playing with more confidence than I have ever seen. He is a superstar in an unbelievable team. We were supurb yesterday with our gun all-rounders firing and Jono Weinstock taking unbelievable leg side stumpings off Daniel Onas who bowls very fast. Tough fixtures coming up but we will win them.
Laurie, what chance is there of Maccabi actually winning a flag in this century.If i was you i would be keeping a lid on it.

Red Ink No.8;289658 said:
Spinners just don't get the respect they deserve! Spinners are winners.

What about spinners whose stock ball is the straight dart and the variation ball is the slower dart?

Apparently the Hoppers no.1 "spinner" has been getting away with that repertoire for years?

Red Ink No.8;289658 said:
Spinners just don't get the respect they deserve! Spinners are winners.

What about spinners whose stock ball is the straight dart and the variation ball is the slower dart?

Apparently the Hoppers no.1 "spinner" has been getting away with that repertoire for years?

crazycricket;290137 said:

Very odd indeed. Wonder if he would have declared on himself if he was 99???

Also, can someone answer a few questions:
Why did stonehouse not bowl??? Injured??? If so how bad?

Saw A Russell bowled on sat but have heard his knee is no good and will miss the rest of the season - any truth to this? Would hurt Sth Caulf badly if true.

crazycricket;290137 said:

Very odd indeed. Wonder if he would have declared on himself if he was 99???

Also, can someone answer a few questions:
Why did stonehouse not bowl??? Injured??? If so how bad?

Saw A Russell bowled on sat but have heard his knee is no good and will miss the rest of the season - any truth to this? Would hurt Sth Caulf badly if true.

Results going to plan means Sth Caulfield now sit sixth.

McKinnon are the big suprises so far and the Pom must be the unluckiest player in the VTCA. 96 last hit, 99* this round, declared on. Subsequently, Hall is in a bit of good form. 170 2 rounds ago, 6 for last round, 13 wickets this round. Real test for them will come this week v APW.

No suprises with Keilor, Spotty, APW, Yarraville and RPB winning.

Next week:

OEG v Doutta, one team to break the duck. Can Rutley get some help with wickets? Will McKinley start to score some runs? Doutta have the lowest runs of any team in Senior, they need a big innings from the likes of Grey, Wigmore, Green, McKinley etc.

And the match of the round: RPB v Yarraville. Big, big game heading into Christmas.

Results going to plan means Sth Caulfield now sit sixth.

McKinnon are the big suprises so far and the Pom must be the unluckiest player in the VTCA. 96 last hit, 99* this round, declared on. Subsequently, Hall is in a bit of good form. 170 2 rounds ago, 6 for last round, 13 wickets this round. Real test for them will come this week v APW.

No suprises with Keilor, Spotty, APW, Yarraville and RPB winning.

Next week:

OEG v Doutta, one team to break the duck. Can Rutley get some help with wickets? Will McKinley start to score some runs? Doutta have the lowest runs of any team in Senior, they need a big innings from the likes of Grey, Wigmore, Green, McKinley etc.

And the match of the round: RPB v Yarraville. Big, big game heading into Christmas.

southern sledge;290166 said:

The only thing that they will win is the award for pumping up their own tyres. Haven't seen a club talk themselves up like what they do, yet they havent EVER won anything.

Laurie and fellow Ajax cronies, Lamb is playing in the VTCA beacuse he couldnt cut the mustard at Premier level. I have seen at least three bats this year that I would consider to be better than Troy.

southern sledge;290166 said:

The only thing that they will win is the award for pumping up their own tyres. Haven't seen a club talk themselves up like what they do, yet they havent EVER won anything.

Laurie and fellow Ajax cronies, Lamb is playing in the VTCA beacuse he couldnt cut the mustard at Premier level. I have seen at least three bats this year that I would consider to be better than Troy.

superfreak;290233 said:

I am sick of hearing about Ajax....... they are 5th for gods sake!!! Give me a spell!! And Lamb has scored 173 at an ave of 34..... hardly Bradman material.

superfreak;290233 said:

I am sick of hearing about Ajax....... they are 5th for gods sake!!! Give me a spell!! And Lamb has scored 173 at an ave of 34..... hardly Bradman material.

Imnotgoing2lie2u;290229 said:
Lamb crushes timms for aybility.

Told you it was time for the cheer squad to come out!!!

Mods...can all the Ajax/Troy Lamb lovers please be warned for their obsession....it's bordering on GAY!!!!

Imnotgoing2lie2u;290229 said:
Lamb crushes timms for aybility.

Told you it was time for the cheer squad to come out!!!

Mods...can all the Ajax/Troy Lamb lovers please be warned for their obsession....it's bordering on GAY!!!!

superfreak;290233 said:

If you are a Chelt player like I suspect I would love to hear who they are.

Osborne? Dharmawardene? Hignett? Riach?

superfreak;290233 said:

Does anyone not have an opinion on Lamb? Controversial character if nothing else, loved and maligned. Not sure there's a more dangerous batman going around though.

Does anyone not have an opinion on Lamb? Controversial character if nothing else, loved and maligned. Not sure there's a more dangerous batman going around though.

NorthClubsDontPayPlayers;290267 said:

Yeah, the first three. Hignett is the best of the three IMO

NorthClubsDontPayPlayers;290267 said:

Yeah, the first three. Hignett is the best of the three IMO

Cash Man;290273 said:

Probably not in Senior A, no doubt he can take the game away from you in a few overs, but he'll give you catches, plenty of them, and won't punish you for an extended period of time because he sh*ts if he gets past 50, can't quite seal the deal for a ton.

I would rate Timms higher as bat, undoubtedly a better bloke as well.

Seems I have to retract my statement about St Bernards being a 1 player team as well.

Cash Man;290273 said:

Probably not in Senior A, no doubt he can take the game away from you in a few overs, but he'll give you catches, plenty of them, and won't punish you for an extended period of time because he sh*ts if he gets past 50, can't quite seal the deal for a ton.

Seems I have to retract my statement about St Bernards being a 1 player team as well.

Vicious and Well Directed;290326 said:

Why do you not rrate TS Lamb as a bloke?

Why do you not rrate TS Lamb as a bloke?

Interesting discussion (Lamb v Timms), especially since I noticed HCCC v Ajax this week.

Interesting discussion (Lamb v Timms), especially since I noticed HCCC v Ajax this week.

Except when it is his turn to put his hand into his wallet for a shout at the bar. Apparently the moths in his wallet are the size of a house!!

Except when it is his turn to put his hand into his wallet for a shout at the bar. Apparently the moths in his wallet are the size of a house!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back