VTCA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: VTCA Thread

Wasi Akrim;292445 said:
Heard the same rumour 7fa, caught having 'relations' on the weekend with someone he shouldn't have and sent home....
"it's either him or me" was the cry from the local....
That is enough info i would think before anyone else wants to add to it.

Wasi Akrim;292445 said:
Heard the same rumour 7fa, caught having 'relations' on the weekend with someone he shouldn't have and sent home....
That is enough info i would think before anyone else wants to add to it.

JUSTCALLME X;291754 said:
Not sure.

I must admit, i dont think the umpires use the card system the way they should. Have seen some guys get away with murder!

If your an umpire and you've been to a tribunal meeting, you would'nt want to go back. They take too long and the umpires have to front when an appeal is lodged. Some of these tribunal hearings can cover two or three nights.

Thats why most umpires will accept an sincere apology and then all is forgotten.

Pay the umpires $50 every time they attend a tribunal hearing and a $25 bonus if there is a conviction and watch the players clean up there act.

JUSTCALLME X;291754 said:
Not sure.

I must admit, i dont think the umpires use the card system the way they should. Have seen some guys get away with murder!

If your an umpire and you've been to a tribunal meeting, you would'nt want to go back. They take too long and the umpires have to front when an appeal is lodged. Some of these tribunal hearings can cover two or three nights.

Thats why most umpires will accept an sincere apology and then all is forgotten.

Pay the umpires $50 every time they attend a tribunal hearing and a $25 bonus if there is a conviction and watch the players clean up there act.

Mick Megne;291383 said:
He played for both. Altona North the latter. He had very poor personal hygiene as i remember unlike myself!

Living up there in Darwin and doing what you do, I imagine you would have to be extra careful with your personal hygiene.;)

Mick Megne;291383 said:
He played for both. Altona North the latter. He had very poor personal hygiene as i remember unlike myself!

Living up there in Darwin and doing what you do, I imagine you would have to be extra careful with your personal hygiene.;)

Dingo_Jones;292675 said:

How many have you been to Dingo

Dingo_Jones;292675 said:

How many have you been to Dingo

As a contributer Dingo,why would you pay umpires to go to a tribunal when they can use the yellow card as a warning. If used properly they can deter bad behavior just by showing a player a card and saying if they continue they will get one.

As a contributer Dingo,why would you pay umpires to go to a tribunal when they can use the yellow card as a warning. If used properly they can deter bad behavior just by showing a player a card and saying if they continue they will get one.

JUSTCALLME X;292491 said:
Ah, gotta love Douttas!!! Always good for a bit of controversy!!!

Word on the grapevine is that if there is a start this week some massive ins at doutta. Ion, lamberti and mcpharlin are expected to pull on the boots, unlucky for oeg micky b

JUSTCALLME X;292491 said:
Ah, gotta love Douttas!!! Always good for a bit of controversy!!!

Word on the grapevine is that if there is a start this week some massive ins at doutta. Ion, lamberti and mcpharlin are expected to pull on the boots, unlucky for oeg micky b

southern sledge;292775 said:

I'm talking about offences that require a trip to the tribunal. Yellow cards, red cards,, pink cards with yellow spots , who cares. If there is a case that warrants a tribunal appearance, the umpires still have to attend and present there case.

The possibility of hearings going on and on I,m sure deters alot of umpires from filing reports and instead accept a reluctant apology from the offender or offenders. The umpire hopes it will go away, but of course it does'nt as it continues to happen in other games and as a result the umps drift away from the comp.

Some umps have selective hearing and don't support there colleague when a serious reportable incident occurs. Hence pay me for my time if you want my help to clean up the comp.

southern sledge;292775 said:

I'm talking about offences that require a trip to the tribunal. Yellow cards, red cards,, pink cards with yellow spots , who cares. If there is a case that warrants a tribunal appearance, the umpires still have to attend and present there case.

The possibility of hearings going on and on I,m sure deters alot of umpires from filing reports and instead accept a reluctant apology from the offender or offenders. The umpire hopes it will go away, but of course it does'nt as it continues to happen in other games and as a result the umps drift away from the comp.

Some umps have selective hearing and don't support there colleague when a serious reportable incident occurs. Hence pay me for my time if you want my help to clean up the comp.

Wasi Akrim;292445 said:

Nothing wrong with sharing the love between team
mates thats what team bonding is all about?

Wasi Akrim;292445 said:

Nothing wrong with sharing the love between team
mates thats what team bonding is all about?

ImpartialOnlooker;293497 said:
One dayer coming up this week....whats the consensus on the affect it will have on the result of some matches??

One dayers bring all the teams a little bit closer. Generally the top sides beat the lower sides over 2 days, but anything can happen in 1 day..... As Chelsea proved last year beating Y/Club.

Could be some interesting results come of this!

ImpartialOnlooker;293497 said:
One dayer coming up this week....whats the consensus on the affect it will have on the result of some matches??

One dayers bring all the teams a little bit closer. Generally the top sides beat the lower sides over 2 days, but anything can happen in 1 day..... As Chelsea proved last year beating Y/Club.

Could be some interesting results come of this!

springbox;293060 said:

Dont think thats going to save them though. Still - as good as these guys are, they need to have some training etc under their belt. What is Viv's story??? Just 1 game, or is he playing the rest of the year??

springbox;293060 said:

Dont think thats going to save them though. Still - as good as these guys are, they need to have some training etc under their belt. What is Viv's story??? Just 1 game, or is he playing the rest of the year??

JUSTCALLME X;293796 said:

yeah im sure all the other players who have been training since preseason are happy with ring-ins just coming in, as Viv did last year when he played the last 3 games of the season and finals, any reason for this?

JUSTCALLME X;293796 said:

yeah im sure all the other players who have been training since preseason are happy with ring-ins just coming in, as Viv did last year when he played the last 3 games of the season and finals, any reason for this?

Battler;293798 said:

I wouldn't call them "ring ins". All part of the fabric of the club judging by their service over the years.

If the others aren't performing, they have got no excuse.

Training is so over rated anyway. So long as you perform on the day, who cares.

From memory, I think Ion may have done that in the 3 games + finals he played last year.

From all reports, one of the best hundreds seen in a Grand Final on the worst prepared wicket imaginable.

Battler;293798 said:

I wouldn't call them "ring ins". All part of the fabric of the club judging by their service over the years.

If the others aren't performing, they have got no excuse.

Training is so over rated anyway. So long as you perform on the day, who cares.

From memory, I think Ion may have done that in the 3 games + finals he played last year.

From all reports, one of the best hundreds seen in a Grand Final on the worst prepared wicket imaginable.

training is important... it sets an example for our junior cricketers to follow. this is extremely important considering the behaviour of these "i'm famous and the world owes me something" generation Y kids floating around these days. You don't want them to start thinking they can expect to just turn up on saturday and play 1's then piss off home.

training is important... it sets an example for our junior cricketers to follow. this is extremely important considering the behaviour of these "i'm famous and the world owes me something" generation Y kids floating around these days. You don't want them to start thinking they can expect to just turn up on saturday and play 1's then piss off home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back