VTCA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: VTCA Thread

DizzyGillepsie;293811 said:
training is important... it sets an example for our junior cricketers to follow. this is extremely important considering the behaviour of these "i'm famous and the world owes me something" generation Y kids floating around these days. You don't want them to start thinking they can expect to just turn up on saturday and play 1's then piss off home.

Depends how good they are?

My main point being for older cricketers it isn't any where near as important.

If they are proven class players & can't train for whatever reason, let them play.

I'm sure Michael McCarthy is in that category...............lol!!!

DizzyGillepsie;293811 said:
training is important... it sets an example for our junior cricketers to follow. this is extremely important considering the behaviour of these "i'm famous and the world owes me something" generation Y kids floating around these days. You don't want them to start thinking they can expect to just turn up on saturday and play 1's then piss off home.

If they are proven class players & can't train for whatever reason, let them play.

JUSTCALLME X;292491 said:
Ah, gotta love Douttas!!! Always good for a bit of controversy!!!

Yes agree. Whether they are winning (last year) or losing (this year), can't seem to stay away form the news. Perhaps the Collingwood of the VTCA, and before anyone from Doutta respond, a bit more success than Collingwood in the past 10 years.

Green still a huge void to fill even with this year's stats - Opening bowler and bat 4 or 5. You can shake a tree and not many of those types of cricketers drop out.

JUSTCALLME X;292491 said:
Ah, gotta love Douttas!!! Always good for a bit of controversy!!!

Yes agree. Whether they are winning (last year) or losing (this year), can't seem to stay away form the news. Perhaps the Collingwood of the VTCA, and before anyone from Doutta respond, a bit more success than Collingwood in the past 10 years.

Green still a huge void to fill even with this year's stats - Opening bowler and bat 4 or 5. You can shake a tree and not many of those types of cricketers drop out.

springbox;293060 said:
Word on the grapevine is that if there is a start this week some massive ins at doutta. Ion, lamberti and mcpharlin are expected to pull on the boots, unlucky for oeg micky b

Wow, they are some big in's..

Viv put a few dints in our gymnasium wall/roof last year..

From memory, he hit Moose for a few. (lots).

Both teams seriously need a win, so should be a good game..

springbox;293060 said:
Word on the grapevine is that if there is a start this week some massive ins at doutta. Ion, lamberti and mcpharlin are expected to pull on the boots, unlucky for oeg micky b

Wow, they are some big in's..

Viv put a few dints in our gymnasium wall/roof last year..

From memory, he hit Moose for a few. (lots).

Both teams seriously need a win, so should be a good game..

0ver&Out;293813 said:

Yeah interesting view O&O..

I personally don't train, as I live on the other side of town, as a result I am playing 2's this year..

I couldn't agree more with the captain either.. Not sure in this level of cricket you can play 1's without training, no matter how well you're playing.

I'd love to get back into the 1's, but with work ect, won't happen any time soon, unless Percy gets injured.

having said that, there are exceptions to every rule, if Warney walked down to OEG thursday night, we'd prob fit him in somewhere.. :D

0ver&Out;293813 said:

Yeah interesting view O&O..

I personally don't train, as I live on the other side of town, as a result I am playing 2's this year..

I couldn't agree more with the captain either.. Not sure in this level of cricket you can play 1's without training, no matter how well you're playing.

I'd love to get back into the 1's, but with work ect, won't happen any time soon, unless Percy gets injured.

having said that, there are exceptions to every rule, if Warney walked down to OEG thursday night, we'd prob fit him in somewhere.. :D

Clearly DizzyGillespie has a point, I'm sure these so called naturals trained back in their younger days. Cricket has come along way and the kids are the future so we might as well teach them some good habits rather then expecting 'natural' talent to get them somewhere in life

Clearly DizzyGillespie has a point, I'm sure these so called naturals trained back in their younger days. Cricket has come along way and the kids are the future so we might as well teach them some good habits rather then expecting 'natural' talent to get them somewhere in life

shortfineleg;293847 said:

Viv was great last year in the few games he played. But i dont think the other 2 had great years. Yeah good players have the natural ability - but if you can tell me you expect Lamberti and McFarlane to bat and bowl better then Bronca and Baker without training then i'll go he!

Still - Doutta need to do something.

shortfineleg;293847 said:

Viv was great last year in the few games he played. But i dont think the other 2 had great years. Yeah good players have the natural ability - but if you can tell me you expect Lamberti and McFarlane to bat and bowl better then Bronca and Baker without training then i'll go he!

Still - Doutta need to do something.

Lads, just thought I would give this game a bit of a mention.......

AUSSIES vs POMS 20/20 GAME

On Sunday 21st December, starting at 12 noon, Dandenong's Tom Donnell will lead an Australian (Premier Cricket) team into battle against Steve Cheetham's English (County Cricket) team at Jack Barker Oval in Cheltenham.

Tommy's team will be made up of fellow Dandenong & Premier cricketers, whilst Steven's team will consist of the majority of Lancashire players that are out here playing Premier/Sub District/VTCA this summer.

During the match we will have DJ Diesel playing music, and keeping the crowd entertained, whilst a raffle for a signed VB Bushrangers bat and Xmas hamper will also be doing the rounds.

After the match, there will be a short presentation to the players, followed by a special appearance by Santa at 4pm.

It should be a great day for the local community with what is sure to be an entertaining match too kick off the Xmas Break.

On Sunday 21st December, starting at 12 noon, Dandenong's Tom Donnell will lead an Australian (Premier Cricket) team into battle against Steve Cheetham's English (County Cricket) team at Jack Barker Oval in Cheltenham.

Tommy's team will be made up of fellow Dandenong & Premier cricketers, whilst Steven's team will consist of the majority of Lancashire players that are out here playing Premier/Sub District/VTCA this summer.

During the match we will have DJ Diesel playing music, and keeping the crowd entertained, whilst a raffle for a signed VB Bushrangers bat and Xmas hamper will also be doing the rounds.

After the match, there will be a short presentation to the players, followed by a special appearance by Santa at 4pm.

It should be a great day for the local community with what is sure to be an entertaining match too kick off the Xmas Break.

0ver&Out;293813 said:

From all reports, one of the best hundreds seen in a Grand Final on the worst prepared wicket imaginable.

IMO, I think it is important that they at least turn up around the club during the week. If they legitimately cannot get there due to work, family reasons, I understand it is difficult, as has been the case with Mick Mc from time to time. But if they are saying they cant be fagged training but pick me to play 1's..... that is not on!!! Definately setting poor guidlines to not only younger players, but also to the rest of the club/team mates.

As for your statement regarding last years GF wicket, I have seen and played on a hell of alot worse tracks than that gf one!! I do understand it was a long way from what you could expect for a gf wicket and from what our club is renowned for..... great cricket wickets.

0ver&Out;293813 said:

From all reports, one of the best hundreds seen in a Grand Final on the worst prepared wicket imaginable.

IMO, I think it is important that they at least turn up around the club during the week. If they legitimately cannot get there due to work, family reasons, I understand it is difficult, as has been the case with Mick Mc from time to time. But if they are saying they cant be fagged training but pick me to play 1's..... that is not on!!! Definately setting poor guidlines to not only younger players, but also to the rest of the club/team mates.

As for your statement regarding last years GF wicket, I have seen and played on a hell of alot worse tracks than that gf one!! I do understand it was a long way from what you could expect for a gf wicket and from what our club is renowned for..... great cricket wickets.

southern sledge;293099 said:
well there hasnt been as many tribunals since the card system came in i believe.

Granted. I too think the card system is working.

However where a "Reportable offence" is followed by a tribunal conviction of a player, the club should be fined $200. A second tribunal conviction would incur a $400 fine, a third $800 and so on. Get my drift. All payable by the club. Should the convicted player choose to leave the comp then the club would not have to pay the fine.

Where a "Serious Reportable" offence occurs. The convicted player would incur a $1000 fine payable by the club. A second tribunal conviction would carry a $2000 fine payable by the club. A third $4000 and so on.

Should a player wish to re-enter the comp or join another club within the comp, they would need to submit a bond equal to the last fine incurred as a bond to the association.

No convicted player would be able to take part in any matches until the fine or bond is paid.

This gets rid of the turds from the association.

It would also encourage more umpires to join the association.

We should all remember the clubs are the association.

Finally this system is not interferring with a professionals income, it fines the club. How the club and the player concerned deal with it is up to them.

Some contracts would have to be re-written.

southern sledge;293099 said:
well there hasnt been as many tribunals since the card system came in i believe.

Granted. I too think the card system is working.

However where a "Reportable offence" is followed by a tribunal conviction of a player, the club should be fined $200. A second tribunal conviction would incur a $400 fine, a third $800 and so on. Get my drift. All payable by the club. Should the convicted player choose to leave the comp then the club would not have to pay the fine.

Where a "Serious Reportable" offence occurs. The convicted player would incur a $1000 fine payable by the club. A second tribunal conviction would carry a $2000 fine payable by the club. A third $4000 and so on.

Should a player wish to re-enter the comp or join another club within the comp, they would need to submit a bond equal to the last fine incurred as a bond to the association.

No convicted player would be able to take part in any matches until the fine or bond is paid.

This gets rid of the turds from the association.

It would also encourage more umpires to join the association.

We should all remember the clubs are the association.

Finally this system is not interferring with a professionals income, it fines the club. How the club and the player concerned deal with it is up to them.

Some contracts would have to be re-written.

superfreak;293923 said:

Sounds like a fantastic idea. Who are some of the other Lancs boys out here? Mullaney? Any others in the VTCA?

superfreak;293923 said:

Sounds like a fantastic idea. Who are some of the other Lancs boys out here? Mullaney? Any others in the VTCA?

interested to know what genre DJ Diesel will be playing? will he play commercial dance/house/electro or is he more of the trance/hard trance/hardstyle DJ?

interested to know what genre DJ Diesel will be playing? will he play commercial dance/house/electro or is he more of the trance/hard trance/hardstyle DJ?

DizzyGillepsie;294284 said:

I believe he's more into your Village people and the bee-gees like myself.

DizzyGillepsie;294284 said:

I believe he's more into your Village people and the bee-gees like myself.

Hammerhead;294306 said:
best players in senior division??

rutley
porter
young bloke from douttas moore?? up and commer

baker a flat track bully??

Baker is not a flat track bully, he is an absolute gun. Even if he made 50 runs collectively for the rest of the year, I would still say he is the best in the VTCA by heaps..

-Never saw Timms though.

Porter is very good, Rutley pretty good..

Are you the up and comer from Douttas?

Hammerhead;294306 said:
best players in senior division??

rutley
porter
young bloke from douttas moore?? up and commer

baker a flat track bully??

Baker is not a flat track bully, he is an absolute gun. Even if he made 50 runs collectively for the rest of the year, I would still say he is the best in the VTCA by heaps..

-Never saw Timms though.

mickeybee;294314 said:

-Never saw Timms though.

Fair chance the hammerhead is from Doutta considering he's named two doutta blokes in the top four players!

Baker is a champion but no doubt he cashes in on the flat tracks. Having said that he makes most of his runs as an opener which I think cancels the flat track factor out. No other gun bat regularly opens the batting, most of them prefer four, some three.

Top 10 players in Senior Division:

Baker
Brown
Porter
Rutley
Bronca
Mulaney
Hall
O'Keefe
Hillas C
Robertson

mickeybee;294314 said:

-Never saw Timms though.

Fair chance the hammerhead is from Doutta considering he's named two doutta blokes in the top four players!

Baker is a champion but no doubt he cashes in on the flat tracks. Having said that he makes most of his runs as an opener which I think cancels the flat track factor out. No other gun bat regularly opens the batting, most of them prefer four, some three.

Baker
Brown
Porter
Rutley
Bronca
Mulaney
Hall
O'Keefe
Hillas C
Robertson

Cash Man;294316 said:

Baker
Brown
Porter
Rutley
Bronca
Mulaney
Hall
O'Keefe
Hillas C
Contessa A

Not sure about Bronca mate.. Good bowler, and broke my thumb last year.. But 84 runs at 9 last year isn't very good..

And Rutley?? He bats 11?

EDIT!! Cancel that, as he never mentioned batters, rather "players"

Cash Man;294316 said:

Baker
Brown
Porter
Rutley
Bronca
Mulaney
Hall
O'Keefe
Hillas C
Contessa A

Not sure about Bronca mate.. Good bowler, and broke my thumb last year.. But 84 runs at 9 last year isn't very good..

And Rutley?? He bats 11?

EDIT!! Cancel that, as he never mentioned batters, rather "players"

Hammerhead;265743 said:
does it matter who you play first round,
shutup n wait for the fixture
douttas will dominate everyone so it doesnt matter

This is another quote from our new mate Hammerhead..

Well played sir..

(Yes I am aware that OEG also has 0 wins, yes I am aware that I said we would finish top 4).

Hammerhead;265743 said:
does it matter who you play first round,
shutup n wait for the fixture
douttas will dominate everyone so it doesnt matter

This is another quote from our new mate Hammerhead..

Well played sir..

(Yes I am aware that OEG also has 0 wins, yes I am aware that I said we would finish top 4).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back